[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Just finished the main questline; that was quite enjoyable. I'm trying to decide if I want to go hunting for the other hidden quests, but it feels kind of complete now.

I do have a question. It felt like there are a *lot* of mods on the list that didn't get used at all. I did the Witchery quest line, so it's possible more than I think goes into the Pneumaticraft line, but, for instance, Thaumcraft is in there and it didn't really seem to be usable except in the spirit world. Is it a bunch of mods you enjoy playing in all packs as well as the ones that contribute to the quests?

The Spirit World's presence felt a bit brief, too. It was cool, but it felt a bit underdeveloped plotwise. Like, here's this whole new world that I'm going to visit and I just get one little token then there's no more point to being there. Maybe some location-oriented quests to explore it further or something would have helped flesh it out? Not sure; with the wood restriction still in place things got a bit weird anyway.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Just finished the main questline; that was quite enjoyable. I'm trying to decide if I want to go hunting for the other hidden quests, but it feels kind of complete now.

I do have a question. It felt like there are a *lot* of mods on the list that didn't get used at all. I did the Witchery quest line, so it's possible more than I think goes into the Pneumaticraft line, but, for instance, Thaumcraft is in there and it didn't really seem to be usable except in the spirit world. Is it a bunch of mods you enjoy playing in all packs as well as the ones that contribute to the quests?

The Spirit World's presence felt a bit brief, too. It was cool, but it felt a bit underdeveloped plotwise. Like, here's this whole new world that I'm going to visit and I just get one little token then there's no more point to being there. Maybe some location-oriented quests to explore it further or something would have helped flesh it out? Not sure; with the wood restriction still in place things got a bit weird anyway.
You can blame the Phoenix Team for the random mods. I based Running Red off of the original PhoenixCraft modpack, which was based off of @Qazplm601 's The Modpack Without a Name, which was based off of Resonant Rise. So, by the transitive property, RR is based off of RR. I was originally planning to have questlines based around Mekanism and ThaumCraft, each with their own set, similar to the Witchery and Pneumaticraft ones. However, due to the time constraint of Jampacked, I didn't have time to include those sets, so I had to force the a lot more things than I had planned into Demolition Lovers. Which also answers your other question, on how the Spirit World was underdeveloped. I didn't have enough time or room in the Quest Line to develop it properly.

I may consider redoing the questline and adding in the more developed Spirit World and Mekanism/ThaumCraft lines in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcmagus

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Not sure how the Mekanism ItemProxy ended up in your inventory, since its not even on NEI but well...

Just download the level.dat and replace it on the save folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2kfdo276hfhx37/level.dat?dl=0
It's this weird Mekanism thing. I'm trying to see if there's a way to fix it. If there is, I'll push an update that fixes a few of the current problems. If not, I'll start work on the big update

Reactions: ELgamer plays mc

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
It's this weird Mekanism thing. I'm trying to see if there's a way to fix it. If there is, I'll push an update that fixes a few of the current problems. If not, I'll start work on the big update
You can blame the Phoenix Team for the random mods. I based Running Red off of the original PhoenixCraft modpack, which was based off of @Qazplm601 's The Modpack Without a Name, which was based off of Resonant Rise. So, by the transitive property, RR is based off of RR. I was originally planning to have questlines based around Mekanism and ThaumCraft, each with their own set, similar to the Witchery and Pneumaticraft ones. However, due to the time constraint of Jampacked, I didn't have time to include those sets, so I had to force the a lot more things than I had planned into Demolition Lovers. Which also answers your other question, on how the Spirit World was underdeveloped. I didn't have enough time or room in the Quest Line to develop it properly.

I may consider redoing the questline and adding in the more developed Spirit World and Mekanism/ThaumCraft lines in the future.

You can blame the PhoenixTeam for all the excess mods- I based the mod list off of their pack. Which was based off of @Qazplm601 's Modpack Without a Name, which I believe was based off of Resonant Rise.
TMPWAN was based off monster actually. i did remove a on of mods that i did not use tho.

ELgamer plays mc

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure how the Mekanism ItemProxy ended up in your inventory, since its not even on NEI but well...

Just download the level.dat and replace it on the save folder

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2kfdo276hfhx37/level.dat?dl=0
Thanks, without your help I may have had to quit my series, now on to finishing the questline and other fun stuff in the modpack and then I can start recording running red 2 aswel, EPICNESS!!! Loving these modpack!

Reactions: buggirlexpres

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
TMPWAN was based off monster actually. i did remove a on of mods that i did not use tho.
Somewhere along the way it got mixed with Resonant Rise. I dunno where. The OpenEye configs were originally reporting for Resonant Rise when I received them, plus some of the mods were capitalized like in Resonant Rise

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
Somewhere along the way it got mixed with Resonant Rise. I dunno where. The OpenEye configs were originally reporting for Resonant Rise when I received them, plus some of the mods were capitalized like in Resonant Rise
i dunno how that happened. i think i tried to do a migration to RR, but then gave up or something like that. guess some of the configs got carried back over.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019

Oh, makes sense. Deadlines can definitely do that.

I almost didn't play because the modlist was so heavy. I'm glad I went with it anyway, but I do think it would be improved by a bit of editing out of bloat, contribute to a stronger feeling of being set in a specific world with specific rules.

If you ever do a Running Red Complete version I'll have to come back and play it through again. :)

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Isn't modpack one word?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
I spelled it like he spells it.
Oh, makes sense. Deadlines can definitely do that.

I almost didn't play because the modlist was so heavy. I'm glad I went with it anyway, but I do think it would be improved by a bit of editing out of bloat, contribute to a stronger feeling of being set in a specific world with specific rules.

If you ever do a Running Red Complete version I'll have to come back and play it through again. :)
Yeah. The big update will do just that.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I did have one complaint, although this might be a limitation of HQM. Your proxy for each blood altar upgrade is having enough Blood Runes for the target tier, plus whatever tops the pillars. This works ok, but it's rather wasteful for the later tiers, as most of the altar upgrade runes don't include Blood Runes in their crafting recipe (I assume by design). Is there any way you could detect on whether the sum of all the different types of runes is enough to make the altar?

Not that making all those blood runes to prove I could make a tier 3 and 4 altar when I already had a tier 4 altar full of upgrades was a big expense, it was just kind of frustratingly gamey.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Just had a crash/world corrupt after using an Electric Pump from Mekanism. Not sure if it was just random or if the pumps are bugged. My idea was to use an autonomous activator + hopper + florbs + pump to auto dump all my florbs into a drum. It worked but it crashed when I was moving the setup, and using a crescent wrench to realign it to a fluiduct. Luckily I had a backup from earlier in the day so I just lost a little inventory. I also had a speed upgrade in the pump.

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-07_13.44.21-server.txt
    29.1 KB · Views: 70

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
Eh no harm no foul since I had a relatively recent backup! Just wanted to warn others, and let you know.