[1.6.4] Running Red v1.1.4 [Jam-Packed][Hardcore][Magic][RPG][Good as Crash Landing!]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

tommyboy415

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea but why did you have to put the islands so far apart that's what annoys me and its really funny and kinda op that oreberrys are suppose to be basically a nugget but they're 2 ingots

Luaithel

Jul 29, 2019
I love the idea but why did you have to put the islands so far apart that's what annoys me and its really funny and kinda op that oreberrys are suppose to be basically a nugget but they're 2 ingots
Since it's a Skyblock with most of Ex Nihilo deactivated, gotta have some method to get all those tasty metals.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
When you have to travel to the next island and you don't have many blocks, make yourself a saw and cut your blocks into covers, which you can use to build your bridge. Better?
Oh. I was just using vMC slabs because then my saw doesn't lose durability.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Be careful with microblocks. They sometimes derp with the shift key.

But then... even the slabs... MY first and only dead was after placing my first slab in the nether and when coming down to it I fell into the void. I was so scared of the nether, since I was playing Agrarian Skies before, that I left everything valuable in the overworld. So, not a big loss:)

Also, iron saws have a HUGE durability.Didnt check yet the difference to diamond but I rarely need a second iron saw in a "MC series". Dont make diamond...

And, mobs have the hardest time using microblocks. Or they think the whole block is filled or think the block below is empty and will not pathfind through them. Its good to keep annoying NPC's away.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, did anyone build a smeltery for better tools/weapons or I'm just being crazy thinking about building one.
After all, its a lot of gunpowder...

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
By the way, did anyone build a smeltery for better tools/weapons or I'm just being crazy thinking about building one.
After all, its a lot of gunpowder...
I use iron tools and the swords and armor that i get as a rare drop from my mob tower (which i use for blood). I don't need more. You don't really need that good tools on this map.

Last edited:

Mr_Turing

Jul 29, 2019
after you get yourself a crusher it's no big deal to make a smeltery.
Also a big tip for crafting things that require a water bucket, make a liquicrafter from MFR, place it on top of an aqueous accumulator and put a redstone clock frim ExU behind it, you can use a water bucket to set the crafting recipe and it'll take ingredients from its internal inventory and tanks, much easier to use than the TE autocrafter.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
after you get yourself a crusher it's no big deal to make a smeltery.
Also a big tip for crafting things that require a water bucket, make a liquicrafter from MFR, place it on top of an aqueous accumulator and put a redstone clock frim ExU behind it, you can use a water bucket to set the crafting recipe and it'll take ingredients from its internal inventory and tanks, much easier to use than the TE autocrafter.
I'm pretty sure the TE autocrafter can also do the same thing....

Wursti

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W in the death quest line i have to kill something. What is it? Please write me a PM to avoid spoilers for others. TY

Bishop Blood

Jul 29, 2019
In the quest S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W in the death quest line i have to kill something. What is it? Please write me a PM to avoid spoilers for others. TY
Use the Torment Scroll at the witch circle. Something interesting will happen. (I don't want to spoil this for you so that is all i'll say)

Reactions: buggirlexpres

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Pretty sure I too, will be hatting you for a couple days until I manage to get there :)

Oh man..... Void is so nasty for mob spawning concentration..... I managed to get there... but... oh man....

Trying not to spoil it too much....

PS: I really enjoyed the challenge

Last edited:
Reactions: buggirlexpres

Rheajr86

Jul 29, 2019
having to make enough planks or cobble to jump a 70 block gap, and having to make said logs one at a time is unnecessarily tedious. That mixed with the tired emo alternative rock band references makes this not a pack for me. if only i had a hopper to start with i could dump my chopped wood in the alter in bulk instead of one at a time... that's not a challenge is busy work.