[1.6.4] HappyDiggers AMP - Updated - Now with 98% more Awesome!

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
Please copy the contents of ForgeModLoader-client-0.log and paste it here: http://paste2.org
Then provide the link here on the forum so we can take a look at it.

The same goes for any crash-reports you may have.

I am actually having an issue when trying to load any world, it fails to load and takes me back to the menu screen, if I try to create a new one, or open the other one, it freezes the game, but no crash report is generated.

From reading it, it appears to be an issue with tropicraft.

ForgeModLoader Client log:
http://paste2.org/nF4YBC8d

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time to report your issue.

The problem is most likely that you are running a dangerously outdated version of Java: 1.7.0_45. I'm not kidding, it's really dangerous to not keep Java up to date.

Please update your Java and try again. The current version is 1.7.0_67. You may download it here: http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Tips:
  • If you have a 64-bit OS, get the 64-bit version.
  • After downloading the new version, uninstall the old version first, then install the new version.
  • Disable Java in your browser at all costs: https://www.java.com/en/download/help/disable_browser.xml
  • xCMSF7v.png

Seriously, do not enable Java in your browser ever. It's like opening the floodgates to let malware into your computer.

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
I figured out why it happens.

It happens when I fail to connect to ftb.happydiggers.net:25574 because I don't have the correct microblocks. Then if I try to start or create a world, it fails.

V5It5dw.png

If I don't try to join the server, the world loads up fine.

I have not removed or added any mods, or changed any config files.

Last edited:

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
1.8 is in beta now, maybe you could release AMP in beta version, untill all mods would be updated?
That's impossible. There is no forge for Minecraft 1.8. Thus there are no mods that have been updated to Minecraft 1.8.

I figured out why it happens.

It happens when I fail to connect to ftb.happydiggers.net:25574 because I don't have the correct microblocks. Then if I try to start or create a world, it fails.

If I don't try to join the server, the world loads up fine.

I have not removed or added any mods, or changed any config files.
That server is whitelisted and not intended for public use. It's running the current dev build of AMP which is why you can't join using the version of AMP that is available on the FTB launcher.

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
That's impossible. There is no forge for Minecraft 1.8. Thus there are no mods that have been updated to Minecraft 1.8.
it's missunderstanding. I was referring to 1.7-1.72 version.

we wil have to wait long time before mods would be ready for 1.8. there are many changes, big ones- flashy ones. New terrain generator, mobs, game code n'stuff. Half year probably, 4-5 months if we lucky (after release). That sounds realistic.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
HappyDiggers AMP for Minecraft 1.7.10 is in the works and is looking good so far :)

There is a crazy amount of new content coming your way soon. We hope to have a first release ready in maybe two weeks.

Reactions: AlCapella

Kamuel

Jul 29, 2019
for the 1.7.10 update: hope u will release it and i hope u have a nice version of cauldron on your pc (they disable the downloads and i think the dmca-drama takes longer) :p

and mod-wishes: mystcraft(yes, no free use.. but insane for long fun with exploration), waila harvestbility (better tooltip), carpenters-blocks(slopes > all, and every block to every form) and noVoidFog(optifine have the same, no one needs these darkness) (all work with 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, no incompatibility to other mods in the pack)

Last edited:

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
You should mention in the OP that Gregtech is set to easy mode. I downloaded the pack to save myself the effort of doing a bunch of configs, but I wanted hard mode.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
for the 1.7.10 update: hope u will release it and i hope u have a nice version of cauldron on your pc (they disable the downloads and i think the dmca-drama takes longer) :p

and mod-wishes: mystcraft(yes, no free use.. but insane for long fun with exploration), waila harvestbility (better tooltip), carpenters-blocks(slopes > all, and every block to every form) and noVoidFog(optifine have the same, no one needs these darkness) (all work with 1.6.4 and 1.7.10, no incompatibility to other mods in the pack)
Thanks for your suggestions :)
Mystcraft is not going to happen since we run our own server and mystcraft just doesn't work well there.
Waila harvestcraft tooltips is already included in the current version of AMP.
Carpenters blocks adds a lot of decorative blocks. We already have Chisel for this but I'll keep Carpenters blocks in mind.
NoVoidFog won't be included but you can always install it yourself if you like to have it.

You should mention in the OP that Gregtech is set to easy mode. I downloaded the pack to save myself the effort of doing a bunch of configs, but I wanted hard mode.
I'll include it in the opening post.

Can we get some update about state of work?
The current dev build of AMP for Minecraft 1.7.10 takes about 10 minutes to load on my PC. To give you an indication, that's running on an Intel Core i7 @4GHz, 16GB RAM and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD. It's kind of ridiculous and it's not something I'm looking forward to releasing if we can't figure out a way to get it down to a more normal startup time. Also RAM usage has gone up considerably. You can run the current AMP with 2GB RAM allocated to Minecraft. WIth the 1.7.10 version you need at least 3GB.

Going to Minecraft 1.7.10 overall feels like a huge step backwards from Minecraft 1.6.4. In the current version of AMP most of the stuff just works and it performs quite well given that it's a huge mod pack. But with Minecraft 1.7.10 bugs in Minecraft itself prevent it from performing well, most notably chunk generation. Mojang has fixed those bugs in Minecraft 1.8 and called them performance improvements. But they'll never go back now to do a 1.7.11 to help out the modding community. There's a mod called Fastcraft which does help with some of the performance issues but it's not perfect and we're not allowed to distribute it in mod packs (yet).

At this point I'm not really sure what to do. Updates for 1.6.4 mods are seriously slowing down right now with all the mods moving on to 1.7.10. But 1.7.10 performs so poorly that large mod packs become increasingly difficult to run.

On the up side there is a ton of new content for Minecraft 1.7.10 mods that's worthwhile and makes starting a new world something to really look forward to. And as mods develop further performance should increase. It was the same for the Minecraft 1.5.2 and 1.6.4 versions of AMP so maybe all we have to do is be patient and wait for a couple of updates to come along and make everything better.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind... Removing GregTech literally shaved off 10 minutes from the startup time. That's just crazy. I mean I understand the whole ore dictionary unification thing, but it's just not worth waiting 10 extra minutes just to load the game. So unless Greg does some serious optimizing, I'm going to go look for a replacement high-tier tech mod. Suggestions are welcome.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Nevermind... Removing GregTech literally shaved off 10 minutes from the startup time. That's just crazy. I mean I understand the whole ore dictionary unification thing, but it's just not worth waiting 10 extra minutes just to load the game. So unless Greg does some serious optimizing, I'm going to go look for a replacement high-tier tech mod. Suggestions are welcome.

GT is a fantastically balanced mod that injects a lot of realism in its approach to crafting and worldgen. It would be hard to replicate that with other mods. Please keep it on.

I heard on the Infinity 2 1.7 GT modpack thread that it's actually binnie's mods (extra bees) and magic bees that were causing super high loading times for that pack. Disabling the bees made the Infinity pack (with GT) to load in 3 mins or so.

In my observation, 1.7.10 and greater releases are all broken in some form or another. I second your earlier comment that we should continue playing with the existing AMP pack and give some time for the mods and for minecraft to stabilise and offer better performance. After all, as someone said, "premature optimisation is the root of all evil". :)

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
We found similar comments about Binnies mod in combination with GT. Removing Binnies mods got the startup time down to 5 minutes which is still very long. Removing GT gets it down to one and a half minute. I loathe the fact that GT triples the startup times for a function that's neither necessary nor wanted and that can't be disabled. But on the other hand, the mod itself is awesome. Too bad we can't just get the gameplay without all the drama.

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
Gregtech loading time is just absurd. Recently i decided to abandon my current AMP world (untill 1.7.10 update) and try direwolf20 mod. It's less complicated, and has less mods inside, but loading time... nearly instant start. Avesome.

The problem is i didn't even get to end game greg techs...

Ah and i think that world generator makes too much roquelike dungeons. 6 abandon tower dungeons near spawn. and 0 other, like village etc...

Kamuel

Jul 29, 2019
i find it nearly perfekt (+ own extra mods) no need for 1.7, and build with gregtech machines after 20h playtime, after round 150h i have the gravisuite and endgame gregtech tanks/chests/machines and dont want to miss these things. the only problem which i have with gregtech is the huge number of secret recipes and not so much infos in wikis or something. but it comes over time, so its okay.

played before the madpack, tekkit and other packs and okay, i play a little bit too much, but most packs doesnt have endgame, many things are so cheap that quarries and large numbers of the same machine or anything are nearly useless, because normal hand-farming is fast enough to get anything with only a small time expense.

loading time is only on start and i mean: wayne.. i start my client, do anything other and play for a long time, for short or longer afks i dont close my client, so i have no problems with the loading time.

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
i find it nearly perfekt (+ own extra mods) no need for 1.7, and build with gregtech machines after 20h playtime, after round 150h i have the gravisuite and endgame gregtech tanks/chests/machines and dont want to miss these things. the only problem which i have with gregtech is the huge number of secret recipes and not so much infos in wikis or something. but it comes over time, so its okay.

played before the madpack, tekkit and other packs and okay, i play a little bit too much, but most packs doesnt have endgame, many things are so cheap that quarries and large numbers of the same machine or anything are nearly useless, because normal hand-farming is fast enough to get anything with only a small time expense.

loading time is only on start and i mean: wayne.. i start my client, do anything other and play for a long time, for short or longer afks i dont close my client, so i have no problems with the loading time.
Minecraft is evolwing all time. So do mods. New ones are made, old ones are upgraded and polished, bugs are fixed. But upgrades are made for new minecraft versions, not vintage. Just look at forge.