[1.6.4] HappyDiggers AMP - Updated - Now with 98% more Awesome!

redXephosX

Jul 29, 2019
Why not add Harvestcraft to this modpack? I thought it might be an interesting idea, since Harvestcraft adds a wide variety of food, which can give players an easier time managing hunger.

DimmerWorld

Jul 29, 2019
Can somewhone please help me? :)

Ive i type "HappyDiggersAMP" in the Window for Private Pack Codes i always got the Error "invalid private pack"

My OS and Java are 64-Bit.I have 8GB ddr3 RAM and set it in option to 4gb.My Java Version is 8 Update 45.

Thanks for helping :)
Are you under the third party mod pack list?

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Why not add Harvestcraft to this modpack? I thought it might be an interesting idea, since Harvestcraft adds a wide variety of food, which can give players an easier time managing hunger.
Pam's Harvestcraft is already a part of AMP. I think it's been included since MInecraft 1.5.2 :)

DimmerWorld

Jul 29, 2019
Some major problems i found with ic2 need someone to test them
Impossible to make the ev transformers due to the recipe have a crystal that has the wrong metadata
Or other way around lapatron crystals has a metaid which is unable to craft into a ev transformer ev transformers is urgently needed for molecule transformers

And the recipe of mv transformers is wrong us it only says 1 copper cable for 1 mv transformer when it's 2 copper cable and a machine block 1 xcx 2 xmx 3 xcx c = copper cable m = machine block

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Those issues have been around forever with MInecraft 1.6.4 :)

It's a bit of a mess between IC2 and NEI that's causing this confusion. The recipes on the wiki are correct, they just don't show up correctly in NEI. Below are the recipes for we use in our ME system. These are working for us on our server and can be seen in action in my various YouTube videos.
DZV9hQg.png

rIJdjHy.png

The recipe for the Lapotron Crystal:
uUCmCND.png

NwLHfNC.png

The MV transformer is made with 1 basic machine casing and 2 copper cable:
YOFAXHa.png

Hope that helps :)

DimmerWorld

Jul 29, 2019
Those issues have been around forever with MInecraft 1.6.4 :)

It's a bit of a mess between IC2 and NEI that's causing this confusion. The recipes on the wiki are correct, they just don't show up correctly in NEI. Below are the recipes for we use in our ME system. These are working for us on our server and can be seen in action in my various YouTube videos.
DZV9hQg.png

rIJdjHy.png

The recipe for the Lapotron Crystal:
uUCmCND.png

NwLHfNC.png

The MV transformer is made with 1 basic machine casing and 2 copper cable:
YOFAXHa.png

Hope that helps :)
A fix i found for the mv-transformer recipe is this mod http://forum.industrial-craft.net/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=10433

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
Last update was long time ago.
Maybe its finally time for update to 1.7.2? most mods used in AMp have 1.7.2 versions, And of course minecraft is just better in 1.7.2...

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
We had some difficulties with the current dev build (2.7.3) of AMP. That's why we didn't release it yet, we hope to resolve the issues soon.

As for a migration to Minecraft 1.7: we've been keeping track of which mods are ready for this. A lot of mods are ready, but a couple of mods that we'd really like to have in AMP are not yet ready. Here is the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vwpwSxKPd9hUAvULkFzarsmdUH4ODEZaDIqUjZIwuiE/edit?usp=sharing

It's last update (currently) was a week ago. But I don't suspect much will have changed since then. The list will be updated again somewhere this weekend. At this time the following mods are not yet ready:
  • Binnie's mods (extra bees, extra trees)
  • Chisel
  • ComputerCraft
  • Forestry
  • PowerConvertors
  • Reika's mods (ReactorCraft, RotaryCraft, EnderForest)
  • The Erebus
  • TropiCraft
Of these mods Reika's mods and TropiCraft add world gen that's needed to use those mods. Forestry also has world gen but it's less critical to the mod. Adding them in later would mean people would have to restart their worlds or move to a new location.

We're not sure yet on what to do about this. If we launch a mod pack without these mods old worlds are guaranteed to break. But if the migration from Minecraft 1.5 to 1.6 was any indication, that will probably happen anyway. In which case it's less of an issue to add these mods in later.

I would appreciate feedback on this issue. Do you guys prefer starting a new world where things will be added in as we go? Or do you prefer to wait a while longer and get a more complete pack?

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
We had some difficulties with the current dev build (2.7.3) of AMP. That's why we didn't release it yet, we hope to resolve the issues soon.

As for a migration to Minecraft 1.7: we've been keeping track of which mods are ready for this. A lot of mods are ready, but a couple of mods that we'd really like to have in AMP are not yet ready. Here is the spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vwpwSxKPd9hUAvULkFzarsmdUH4ODEZaDIqUjZIwuiE/edit?usp=sharing
<snip>

I honestly would wait it out a bit.

In addition to gendustry, denoflions is working on a standalone openbees mod (WIP)
IC2 for 1.7.10 is buggy! Therefore, GT is not on 1.7.10 yet. It's going to be a while. And I would rather wait for this one to go 1.7.10 before releasing the pack to public.
Mekanism may be ready, but buggy.
Pam's clay?
Aroma's betterChests I found to be better, as it offers a really nifty "bag" when compared to iron chests.
Also, Iron chests is still a big WIP with progwml
You could try reducing pack size for this release?
With ender pump and quarry, do we need quarry utilities?

P.S: Nice to see Dutch on the sheets (I'm not Dutch, just enjoy seeing variety other than English on the web)

Cereal_beast

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just wondering if you have optifine or something because i noticed that in you're videos there doesn't seem to be a lot of lag even though you have all those machines running while you are recording

Last edited:

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
@AlCapella,
Thanks for the feedback :)

@Cereal_beast,
I don't use Optifine. Part of the reason AMP runs well on my PC is that I'm always playing on the HappyDiggers FTB server which does a lot of the heavy lifting. Another part is that my PC has an Intel core i7 4770K @ 4GHz, an Nvidia GTX 680 and 16GB RAM. That's enough to run AMP @ 2560x1600 and record video :)

Cereal_beast

Jul 29, 2019
@InsaneJ ok thanks i was just watching one of your videos and i noticed you didn't have optifine. thanks for responding anyways, and im glad to know this modpack is still alive :)

Ki-Tarn

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, which mod adds the alternative mine shafts? Where there is a short tower on the surface with stairs leading down to the passages?

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Please copy the contents of ForgeModLoader-client-0.log and paste it here: http://paste2.org
Then provide the link here on the forum so we can take a look at it.

The same goes for any crash-reports you may have.