[1.6.4] Devil Island HardCore Quest v1.0.1

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
9213cfa3a9.jpg

Hello there i am known like Dewilchoo in the social media, and i am making a mod actually a Hardcore modded island survivaling thingy..
Modpack code: DevIsland
Map download: http://goo.gl/pZ1a4Z

It would be helpful if i know what kinda of mods would like to be added, suggest in the comments!
Contact with me for any questions based on the modpack:
Facebook: http://facebook.com/tasewbg
Youtube: http://youtube.com/dewilchoo
Twitter: http://twitter.com/dewilcho

Youtubers Recording on this modpack:
If you want to add your video here, just send it to me via pm!

Story motivated for the island:
Washing up on a deserted island, Jennifer is completely alone until she sees the body of the captain in the water. As she attempts to resuscitate him, Manuel appears and also unsuccessfully tries to revive the man. They bury the captain and, under Manuel's guidance, set out to build a shelter and find food. Eventually, Jack also turns up on the island. Although things go smoothly for a little while, Jack eventually suspects Manuel of having designs on his wife and declares the man his enemy, promising to ruin his life once they get off the island. Manuel responds that Jack had better get home soon, because he can ruin Jack's life right there on the island. This puts Jennifer in the uncomfortable position of her loyalty to Jack conflicting with the realization that they both need Manuel's help to survive. A proud man, Jack insists that he can provide for them both, but it quickly becomes apparent that he cannot. Jack and Jennifer's relationship also starts quickly deteriorating. Jack steals Manuel's goggles to go fishing one day and when Manuel discovers this, he threatens to kill Jack. Jennifer attempts to get him to calm down and, in a fit of passion, they have sex. Afterwards, Manuel reveals that he has loved Jennifer from the moment he first saw her, but it is also clear that this is a way for him to hurt Jack. When Jack returns, Jennifer accidentally hints at him what had happened and Jack furiously rejects her. He breaks up with her and drags her by the hair to Manuel's hut so she can live with him. While fishing another day, Jack finds a boat on the ocean floor. He drags it to shore and attempts to repair it. Later, Manuel proposes Jennifer a midnight swim and as they start having sex, Jennifer gives Manuel the idea of stealing the boat so they can get away together from the island. They plan to do so while Jack is out fishing. However, they do not get far before the boat begins to sink and they realize that Jack's plan all along was for them to take the boat and drown. They are forced to swim back to the island and to Jack, who attacks the now-exhausted Manuel with a spear. The following day, an intense fight sequence ensues, interwoven with scenes of Manuel's ex-girlfriend performing a voodoo ceremony. The scene climaxes when Jennifer pins Jack to the ground, attempting to kill him with his own knife. Manuel, with Jack's spear stuck in his back, picks up a heavy rock with which to crush Jack. He loses his balance and falls backward, impaling himself on the spear, to Jennifer's horror. Simultaneously, the voodoo girl impales his effigy on a spike. One year later, a yachting family drops anchor near the island and explores it, discovering Jennifer asleep in her hut. She, still somewhat distraught over Manuel's death, leaves with them, but does not mention that her estranged husband is also on the island. Jack, who is fishing, sees her leaving on the yacht and calls out, but Jennifer, who had also stolen his lighter so he could not make anymore fires, ignores him out of revenge and the family inside the boat cannot hear him. Jack is abandoned on the island and his eventual fate is left ambiguous. You have to survive on your own, no one is a live at this moment! Good luck!
Currectly mods added:
- Open Blocks
- Applied Energistics
- Autoutils
- BiblioCraft
- BigReactors
- Blood Magic
- Carpenters Blocks
- Chicken Chunks
- Chisel
- Code Chicken Core
- CoFNCore
- Extra Cells
- Harvest Craft Waila
- Hardcore Quest Mode
- Inventory Tweaks
- Iron Chest Universal
- MineFactory Reloaded
- NEI Addons
- NEI Plugins
- Not Enough Items
- Not Enough Keys
- Open Mods Lib
- Pams HarvestCraft
- Power Crystals
- Simply Jetpacks
- Tinkers Construct
- Thaum Craft
- Tinkers Construct Tooltips
- Tinkers Construct Mech Works
- Tinkers Construct Steel Works
- Waila
- Warp Book
- zMine Tweaker
- JABBA
- Zans Minimap
- Microblocks
- Modtweaker
- Exaliquo

Changelog:

Update v1.0.1
- Hardcore Quest Mode (Updated to the newest version v4.4)
- Extra Utilities (Added)
- Mariculture (Added)
- Enchiridion (Added)
- Backpack (Added)
- Armor Status (Added)
- Morph Mod (Added)

Last edited:
Reactions: CPP2599

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
Have you got a modpack yet? If you do it will be cool if you put a mod list.
Since (i suppose) the player starts with nothing i think that these mods should be in the pack (if you hadn´t add them yet, of course):
-Ex Nihilo
-Ex Aliquio
-Tinkers
-Iguana Tweaks
-TE
-MFR
-AE
-Iron Chests

I'm not remebering others right now.
In the beggining I think that you should came up with a story and do a quest line based on it. From the picture i suppose that you are in a desert island and your goal is to escape.

If i have other suggestions I'll post them ;)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I'd add thermal expansion, extra utilities and open blocks...A
Also, maybe Industrial Craft and advanced solars, seeing as it is a desert island
Maybe have something like Flans Mod, if you are trying to escape the island, as the "freedom" area could be 1,000's of blocks away, and using a Flan's Mod plane may be the easiest way to get there

Other than that, I can't really suggest much else that CPP didn't already say seeing as you just posted a screenshot, no idea for lore or whatever

Smiley3986

Jul 29, 2019
One I would like to see in a HCQ map is a chisel or factory block mod so while working on quest if you a builder you can have more fun also.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
It would help other people if you add more info, such as a mod list and what the mod pack should do... you will probably get more replies that way

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
Agrre with jordsta95. If you could It will be nice if you post a mod list. Also, if you need someone to test the map and the pack I'll be here :)

Reactions: Dewilchoo

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
It would help other people if you add more info, such as a mod list and what the mod pack should do... you will probably get more replies that way
Done Brother!

@CPP2599 Yeah thanks, soon it will be beta test published, but it will take longer to make the map and the HQM book.. So it will be only testing for the mods list if there is bug with some mods in there and feedback giving.. But we will see how it goes :p

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
With Pam's Harvest Craft mod, i suppose that you will put Hunger Overhaul...no?

Btw what's the backstory, like: why are you in an island and what is your goal (escape, of course), but how? Using flan's mod like jordsta suggested or building a galaticcraft thingy...

Just suggesting ;)

Dewilchoo

Jul 29, 2019
@CPP2599 Will work on the backstory this night there will be a story and logo in to the HQM book, and the plan is actually to survive on this island and make progress even without the HQM book and with it too.. Then will be something like a goodbye for the island with the galacticcraft :)

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
I would recommend Spice of Life as it helps with Hunger Overhall, but (unless you want the map to be insanely hard) I would disable diminishing food ;)

Seeing as the map is mainly water, Mariculture could be cool (dunno as I have never used it)

And as for the map, I would say it may be nice to add a little detail, i.e make the island less flat, or rocks out at sea or whatever

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019
Meh - what's the hook? From the list of mods, it looks like Yet Another Skyblock, this time featuring an island. My suggestion would be to take the list of mods that you currently have and ban all of them from the pack. Do we really need another AE/TE/MFR/Big Reactor/Thaumcraft/TiCo pack?

I'd say pick out 20 mods that aren't used in any packs and use them.

There is already a Magic Island pack that features no tech and HQM on an island. The 'no tech' is the hook for that. It's not bad at all.

Reactions: Methusalem

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Meh - what's the hook? From the list of mods, it looks like Yet Another Skyblock, this time featuring an island. My suggestion would be to take the list of mods that you currently have and ban all of them from the pack. Do we really need another AE/TE/MFR/Big Reactor/Thaumcraft/TiCo pack?

I'd say pick out 20 mods that aren't used in any packs and use them.

There is already a Magic Island pack that features no tech and HQM on an island. The 'no tech' is the hook for that. It's not bad at all.
You don't seem to comprehend HQM. He can make a story, and make the quests reflect that. One 'HQM on an island' doesn't have to be the same as another 'HQM on an island', even with the exact same mod list.

rxiv

Jul 29, 2019
You don't seem to comprehend HQM. He can make a story, and make the quests reflect that. One 'HQM on an island' doesn't have to be the same as another 'HQM on an island', even with the exact same mod list.

The story better be Pulitzer quality then - else it devolves to the same thing over and over. I guess I took the...

'and the plan is actually to survive on this island and make progress even without the HQM book and with it too.'

To mean he was looking for something more than just HQM and not the same rote actions as other packs. I guess I didn't comprehend that either. Maybe he'll come up with new ways to use AE.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'd like:
-Rotarycraft
-Reactorcraft
-Electricraft
-ModTweaker

Trust me, you'll thank me for ModTweaker.

CPP2599

Jul 29, 2019
BackStory added! :p

So we are Jake, right?

EDIT: I also think that you should add an "unique" mod. For example Crash Landing has EnviroMine and, in my opinion, the mod makes the map more "unique" because it has got something diferent. You should try to do that with your map, but using another mod, of course :p