[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
In the quest "Big Power", is there something that I have to do to get the items to be credited? I have found a wrecked cooling tower and looted what I can get, I have 4 Reactor Casing and 1 Reactor Glass, but they are still showing as 0/1 in the quest progress.

*Edit* Ah, I see, it's a crafting mission. Silly me, I thought the parts had to be salvaged (I get it, components for the controller have to be salvaged, everything else can be crafted).

Last edited:

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
How do I unify the non-stacking items like porkchops, mushrooms, etc? I've tried dropping them, shift-clicking them between inventories, and putting them in barrels.
I don't know about the porkchops, but mushrooms I found that planting them resolves whatever conflict is occuring. After that, it turns into a stackable mushroom.

kostek00

Jul 29, 2019
I was searching a bit through city but I did not found Broken Reactor Controller (I think it's called like that). Where should I look for it? In the world or in chests? Does it has to be specific building?

I found using a cyclic assembler is the best for refilling camel packs as it doesn't use up the bottles. Currently I use a vacuum hopper to throw my empty pack in and pull it out via chest after it goes through the assembler. Someone mentioned Landstryder and he actually did two of them. One was on that you had to push a button to remove and replace a filled pack(ep30). It uses Steve's factory manager, advance inventory relay and cyclic assembler and a button. In his episode he was having trouble with the inventory slot that the camel pack goes in, and if I remember correctly from somewhere else it was slot 38 it should go into with the SFM when setting it up. Later in his series he set up an entirely wireless system (ep32) using pneumatic craft system, so that when his pack became empty, it filled automatically.
I already have Liquid Nodes and Aerial Interface with Cyclic Assembler set up so no more water problems. ^^ I could use Liqui Crafter instead but it needs addidional control via redstone which I don't like.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I was searching a bit through city but I did not found Broken Reactor Controller (I think it's called like that). Where should I look for it? In the world or in chests? Does it has to be specific building?

In the big cooling towers with the Dark Glass roof. Watch out for the blazes and the pyrotheum! About 1 in 10 cities has one of these, some are ruined (half missing) but still contain a broken controller.

Last edited:

Digirod

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to remove modifiers from TiCo Weapons? I got fire aspect from leveling up my sword but its proving to be problematic.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is there any way to remove modifiers from TiCo Weapons? I got fire aspect from leveling up my sword but its proving to be problematic.
No, unfortunately not. I had the same problem, specifically when it sets endermen on fire and they disappear. If you add a modifier like luck then it will prevent an incompatible modifier such as silky, but I don't think there's a modifier that's incompatible with fiery.

Digirod

Jul 29, 2019
Looks like Ill have to use another weapon, then. What weapon won't get the fiery enchantment upon leveling?

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the status on this mod pack? Shane posted a little update on the 8th of Jan that said CL is over? But Iskandar is working on a new project? Is CL really dead in the water, never to see it's proper end? :( That thought makes me a sad panda.

karmarcharger

Jul 29, 2019
So what's the status on this mod pack? Shane posted a little update on the 8th of Jan that said CL is over? But Iskandar is working on a new project? Is CL really dead in the water, never to see it's proper end? :( That thought makes me a sad panda.

I pmed him about a fix to the water bug, and this was what he replied :3
It's ok, Crash Landing development has stopped simply because there are so many issues like this. Thanks, though.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I'm quite happy for it not to have an ending. What ending could it have? The shuttle isn't going to take off (how would you do that?) so the only "ending" is to have yourself sufficiently secure and provisioned to survive indefinitely. By the time you've done all the quests, that's pretty much guaranteed. I guess he could have a replica ship in the nether or the end that you could teleport to and say "yay you escaped", but then you can't carry on playing in your world any more, unless maybe the ship contained sync shell gear so you could go back.

No, to me the pack is sufficiently complete and awesome as it is. Thanks again, Iskandar and team!

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
We were told there was going to be more. They had special blocks made for more. There was going to be more quests. I love the mod, and it's fun as it is, but yeah, we were told there would be more.

Don't get me wrong, if it's over it's over. That's life, and neither Shane nor Iskandar owe us anything. But the mod's incomplete. It is not finished. And for them to quit on the mod (especially because of the silly reason listed above) is very disappointing. It is made even more disappointing to know that they didn't quit because of any serious or valid reason, but, nah, they just got bored and moved on to other things. Makes me unlikely to look into their future projects, because they'll likely just abandon those unfinished as well.

So yeah. This pack may be done, but it's not complete. Just because you think it's fine the way it is doesn't mean it's complete. And if it is destined to never be finished, that's a really really sad thing.

EDIT: Or, to put it another way, the authors of CL have every right to stop working on it. And I have every right to be sad that it never got the promised ending as well as every right to not support their future works due to their failure to deliver on this work.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
We were told there was going to be more. They had special blocks made for more. There was going to be more quests. I love the mod, and it's fun as it is, but yeah, we were told there would be more.

Don't get me wrong, if it's over it's over. That's life, and neither Shane nor Iskandar owe us anything. But the mod's incomplete. It is not finished. And for them to quit on the mod (especially because of the silly reason listed above) is very disappointing. It is made even more disappointing to know that they didn't quit because of any serious or valid reason, but, nah, they just got bored and moved on to other things. Makes me unlikely to look into their future projects, because they'll likely just abandon those unfinished as well.

So yeah. This pack may be done, but it's not complete. Just because you think it's fine the way it is doesn't mean it's complete. And if it is destined to never be finished, that's a really really sad thing.
More can always be added but that's true of any modpack. Ultimately the goal is to go as far as the content takes you, and then move on.

We'll have a hard time finding a project that has this amount of unique, finished content in my opinion.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
EDIT: Or, to put it another way, the authors of CL have every right to stop working on it. And I have every right to be sad that it never got the promised ending as well as every right to not support their future works due to their failure to deliver on this work.
Right to stop working on CL: true
Right to be sad: true
Right to express opinion on such by not playing future packs: true
Right to refer to their actions as "failing to deliver": disputable.

Any extra content could be fairly considered as "addon" content. You can argue that the project provided a full questline for you to complete, and is, therefore, complete.

If the project has lost active membership (normal for an unpaid volunteer project) and it means this much to you, perhaps you would like to consider contributing content yourself.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013

I did not get bored with the project and quit. I suffered severe creative burnout getting the cities functional to the point I did not even play Minecraft, much less do any pack development, for months. Basically I pushed too hard and, in my inexperience, I tried to do too much. I eventually realized that I could not continue and handed the reins over to Shane. with a little help from me he started to put the ending together...and it did not work. The alternative did not. The alternative to that did not work. Plus the amount of egregious, unfixable bugs was beginning to mount and the only way to even begin to get on top of them would have been to migrate to 1.7.10, which would have meant rebuilding quests, scripts, and cities pretty much from scratch. That idea did not appeal, for obvious reasons, so eventually we just gave up.

I'm sorry it never got finished. It bugs me, you know? But we had reached well past the point of diminishing returns and it was beginning to seem like drudgery to work on instead of fun. Time to stop.

Reactions: Pyure

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I did not get bored with the project and quit. I suffered severe creative burnout getting the cities functional to the point I did not even play Minecraft, much less do any pack development, for months. Basically I pushed too hard and, in my inexperience, I tried to do too much. I eventually realized that I could not continue and handed the reins over to Shane. with a little help from me he started to put the ending together...and it did not work. The alternative did not. The alternative to that did not work. Plus the amount of egregious, unfixable bugs was beginning to mount and the only way to even begin to get on top of them would have been to migrate to 1.7.10, which would have meant rebuilding quests, scripts, and cities pretty much from scratch. That idea did not appeal, for obvious reasons, so eventually we just gave up.

I'm sorry it never got finished. It bugs me, you know? But we had reached well past the point of diminishing returns and it was beginning to seem like drudgery to work on instead of fun. Time to stop.

No, and that's totally fair. Super disappointing, but fair. And don't get me wrong, both you and Shane put in a TON of work on something that is and will always be free. It's not like you guys were getting paid for all your hard work or anything. It's just super disappointing. :( Oh well, life moves on.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
No, and that's totally fair. Super disappointing, but fair. And don't get me wrong, both you and Shane put in a TON of work on something that is and will always be free. It's not like you guys were getting paid for all your hard work or anything. It's just super disappointing. :( Oh well, life moves on.
Yeah, trust me when I say that I find it just as much, if not more, disappointing. I learned a lot from Crash Landing, much of it in what NOT to do. Add that to the fact that 1.710 has made things easier all around and the plethora of new tools I have, well, my next packs won't disappoint.

Speaking of new packs, keep an eye on the Technic launcher next week, or maybe the week after. Hexxit II is launch ready I'm just waiting on art work and such. It isn't as structured as Crash Landing, but if you like adventuring it should still be a fun time.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I absolutely refuse to play 1.7.x. It's awful. I have 8 gigs of ram, an i5, and a nVidea 770 and Minecraft plays like crap WITH fastcraft. It's basically unplayable without. 1.7.x brought nothing good to minecraft for the end user. I know it really helped with making mods, and that's great, but yeah, I'l stick with 1.6.4 mods until modders move on to 1.8.x, which seems to have solved most if not all of the issues with 1.7.x. But I wish you the best of luck with your new stuff, and I'll keep following you on twitter, hoping for new awesome stuff in the future.