[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Crash Landing will never make it to 1.7.10. The effort would be too much, requiring rebuilding of all the quests, scripts, and a good deal of the city files themselves. Crash Landing 2, which is not my next project, will be 1.7.10 or maybe even 1.8.x if that is at all ready by that time. Which I doubt.

Dev work on Crash Landing is all but over. We just ran out of creative energy, the bugs got to be too much and could not be fixed...and the endings we wanted proved to be impossible. Something may yet happen, but, shrug. Not the way I wanted it to finish, but I was inexperienced and it shows.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing will never make it to 1.7.10. The effort would be too much, requiring rebuilding of all the quests, scripts, and a good deal of the city files themselves. Crash Landing 2, which is not my next project, will be 1.7.10 or maybe even 1.8.x if that is at all ready by that time. Which I doubt.

Dev work on Crash Landing is all but over. We just ran out of creative energy, the bugs got to be too much and could not be fixed...and the endings we wanted proved to be impossible. Something may yet happen, but, shrug. Not the way I wanted it to finish, but I was inexperienced and it shows.

If you churned this out when you're "inexperienced", I shudder to think what you've got in store in the future if/when you recharge your batteries. 'Cuz this modpack is f'n amazing.

If this truly is (more or less) the end for Crash Landing, you have nothing to be ashamed of. The ride has been epic.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
If you churned this out when you're "inexperienced", I shudder to think what you've got in store in the future if/when you recharge your batteries. 'Cuz this modpack is f'n amazing.

If this truly is (more or less) the end for Crash Landing, you have nothing to be ashamed of. The ride has been epic.
Totally agreed. It's an awesome pack. It's nice to have some challenge and story. Hope you're able to move forward with something that inspires you again.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
@Iskandar
I am in agreement, what you have done so far has been absolutely amazing. The questing and story line for this pack has been great. While I liked Agrarian Skies I felt that it was too much collect this stuff. Where as your quests were more of a guidance to aid the story along. So recharge your batteries and when YOU are ready work on the sequel. But don't do it because of us. Do it because you want to.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
There are so many flaws and bugs, and so many compromises to make the central mechanic work. Yeesh. The cities were simultaneously the best and worst idea ever. They do what they were meant to do, but the balance, generation, and rewards range from not quite right to really broken. The ending turned out to be impossible due to limitations in the mods I used and I'd need to rebuild the map, and possibly several other things, to make it work. The quests are unfinished, and I'm still not 100% on the balance of the rewards.

That said, I'm pretty proud of the gameplay progression and how well making water a limited resource actually worked. The balance there is just about as fine tuned as you could hope, without having to hire someone to make built to order mods. The tech tree ties together well. I got a lot right as well as wrong.

The big thing is I have learned a lot. My next project will benefit directly from this experience. I now know how to avoid overreach (as awesome as they were, those cities were probably a bad idea in terms of dev work required) and how to make things 10x easier for myself in a lot of little ways. Not to say that Breach will be recycling ideas. And I will be trying something new, namely map building from the ground up. (Crash Landing does not count. The shuttle was the only pre-built piece, and it wasn't even mine) And I will also see how far I can push HQM without breaking it.

Commander_Cole5

Jul 29, 2019
Well then. If this modpack is inexperience then I am terrified of what you can churn out in 2 years time.

I've been having an issue trying to keep NEI working. I have to force an update to get it to work, then anytime i accidently press I it wont re turn on. Anyone have ideas?

Yulife

Jul 29, 2019
d896418dca.png

Congrats on the one million views!!!!

Spacecowboy

Jul 29, 2019
Just wanted to say that, for a first pack, you did an excellent job. Because of this, I am greatly looking forward to your next project. While still incomplete and most likely not getting worked on anymore, it was still an excellent challenge, and your use of water as a limited resource (without cheating anyways) added a level to the map that was quite good. The only thing that bugged me was how annoying it could be upon dying and moving to a clone that you could end up in a wall or the like. I got to learn how to do PneumaticCraft as a result of your mod, and came to enjoy it, even if it was a bit grindy.

Overall, you did an excellent job, Iskander, and just wanted to voice my thanks for the 2-3 months of enjoyment I got out of your modpack. I'll keep an eye out on your next one, the magic focus does sound quite interesting.

Reactions: loboca

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
There are so many flaws and bugs, and so many compromises to make the central mechanic work. Yeesh. The cities were simultaneously the best and worst idea ever. They do what they were meant to do, but the balance, generation, and rewards range from not quite right to really broken. The ending turned out to be impossible due to limitations in the mods I used and I'd need to rebuild the map, and possibly several other things, to make it work. The quests are unfinished, and I'm still not 100% on the balance of the rewards.

That said, I'm pretty proud of the gameplay progression and how well making water a limited resource actually worked. The balance there is just about as fine tuned as you could hope, without having to hire someone to make built to order mods. The tech tree ties together well. I got a lot right as well as wrong.

The big thing is I have learned a lot. My next project will benefit directly from this experience. I now know how to avoid overreach (as awesome as they were, those cities were probably a bad idea in terms of dev work required) and how to make things 10x easier for myself in a lot of little ways. Not to say that Breach will be recycling ideas. And I will be trying something new, namely map building from the ground up. (Crash Landing does not count. The shuttle was the only pre-built piece, and it wasn't even mine) And I will also see how far I can push HQM without breaking it.
Let me know about your next project and i'll see about some videos. Just got back online after my roommates moved out and shut off all the power and internet but i should have more videos up by next week . I would have made some off line but it seems that the FTB launcher doesn't like being off line, rofl.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Hey, This is the last episode i got recorded in Dec but didn't get to upload. Enjoy!

LuisAdeur

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell, you can't.
actually yes you can. If you create a flat world in the preset section enter the id of the block you can for example
(2,1:1053x64;2;Villages.) for the pack im playing if i add this as a preset it will create a flat world made out of bedrockium from extrautilities with only villages around not plants or any decoration straight bedrockium with villages

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
actually yes you can. If you create a flat world in the preset section enter the id of the block you can for example
(2,1:1053x64;2;Villages.) for the pack im playing if i add this as a preset it will create a flat world made out of bedrockium from extrautilities with only villages around not plants or any decoration straight bedrockium with villages
Read the post I quoted again. It wasn't talking about flat worlds. Making a flat world out of any block, or combination of blocks, is trivial. However, AFAIK a mod does not exist that allows you to replace normal world generation with a block of your choice. You cannot, for instance, have a Biomes O
Plenty type world that uses dust in place of the dirt.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
FTBlauncher is better IMO. Some of the Packs on the ATlauncher require you to download from other sites which increases the chance of infections.

PizzaMan585

Jul 29, 2019
has anyone found a reactor controller in the new version of the map ive looked in a 2000 block radius and cant find any please help, also the presidents bunker

Last edited: