[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I said where, not how :p

Right now Im using a mob system + autospawner with captured enderman... but it takes up quite a bit of space
I'm often finding Enderman spawners in the TiCo buildings...on the Smeltry-side. You can find them with PC Helmet with correct upgrades too?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Something like AE (redstone) > Magma crucible? (liquid redstone) > fluid transposer (the yellow energy ducts)
No one with any brilliant ideas? ><
It's tricky, any time you need to coordinate the insertion of different items into different machines. What I do, if I want to automate these things, is have one Magma Crucible and Fluid Transposer for redstone and one pair for Resonant Ender, and just keep them topped up with Export Buses (although I spawned endermen into a smeltery for my Ender needs).
You can place the crucible and transposer right next to each other, and have the orange output on the right from the crucible, and the blue input from the left side into the transposer.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
The portaspawner is way overpriced for something made almost obsolete on this map by the Auto-Spawner.

Or a gravity or fan fed mob trap. Or Nether Portals(Not sure if they still spawn pigmen. If they do I have a new mob trap to build).

rotwhip3

Jul 29, 2019
im getting an error trying to open up crash landing in the launcher, I crash to desktop after clicking launch

I have my launcher log attatched if that would help

Attachments

• FTBLauncherLog.txt
    15.9 KB · Views: 43

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
Or a gravity or fan fed mob trap. Or Nether Portals(Not sure if they still spawn pigmen. If they do I have a new mob trap to build).
They do. Makes nether travel unpractical, because every so often you'll come out of the portal inside a pigman. That said, if we're talking about mob traps, pigmen spawn in the Nether at any light level and fairly fast.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
The portaspawner is way overpriced for something made almost obsolete on this map by the Auto-Spawner.
Auto-spawners require power and mob essence, spawner doesn't. I know the benefit is that autospawners don't require the player to be close but still. Nilla spawners are easy

You can't light nether portals and as such they don't spawn pigmen. Its not the obsidian that spawns the pigmen but the purple portal blocks.

im getting an error trying to open up crash landing in the launcher, I crash to desktop after clicking launch

I have my launcher log attatched if that would help
You need to use Java 7

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
They do. Makes nether travel unpractical, because every so often you'll come out of the portal inside a pigman. That said, if we're talking about mob traps, pigmen spawn in the Nether at any light level and fairly fast.

Yeah that'd be a bit annoying. Doesn't MFR have a way to move hostile mobs akin to the chronotyper?

Also with a nether portal trap you wouldn't need to be in the nether for it to work ;)

You can't light nether portals and as such they don't spawn pigmen. Its not the obsidian that spawns the pigmen but the purple portal blocks.

Since when could you not light them?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Me too. However, the Nether in Crash Landing is apparently a giant void dimension that is (confusingly) rather cold.

That was...unexpected.
I hadn't noticed that - might be useful to hop in and cool off. I suspect that the Nether and the End are not supposed to play any part in this map, but the portal mechanic hasn't been disabled. I don't even know if there's a mod for that.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
I hadn't noticed that - might be useful to hop in and cool off. I suspect that the Nether and the End are not supposed to play any part in this map, but the portal mechanic hasn't been disabled. I don't even know if there's a mod for that.

I kinda suspected the same thing, which is why I haven't done anything there before. I'd be totally fine with disabling the Nether entirely. That said...with a void dimension + mods you should be able to make a stupidly efficient mob tower there. Mob essence for DAYZ.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I kinda suspected the same thing, which is why I haven't done anything there before. I'd be totally fine with disabling the Nether entirely. That said...with a void dimension + mods you should be able to make a stupidly efficient mob tower there. Mob essence for DAYZ.

You can do that in the overworld because of the lack of caves.

moded guy 123

Jul 29, 2019
I know this is unrelated but I'm trying to make a personal modpack and I'm trying to find a spot where there is a good source of information on item names tile names and oredict names I've read the tutorial on how to use minetweaker but when I edit the recipes It's not changing them because it's the wrong title so what I'm asking is there a website that has all these things I'm trying to find or do I have to go diving into these complex java codes to find the names?