[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
between level 46 and 62, and no, dig a 7x7 hole from 62 down to 46. cover hole leaving a 1 block tall edge around it. add water bucket to center, let it flow, remove covering.

The above is vanilla mechanics. Im not sure if there'd be an issue with this modpack as all placed water appears to be salt water

It will work but he doesn't really need one that big if all he wants is squids. I had one spawning in a 1x3x3 that was part of a cobblegen.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is there anyway to autocraft liquids with AE?
What do you mean? What kind of liquids do you want to craft?[DOUBLEPOST=1413551460][/DOUBLEPOST]
The above is vanilla mechanics. Im not sure if there'd be an issue with this modpack as all placed water appears to be salt water
The water is no different to water in vanilla Minecraft, except that the spreading is inhibited and the interaction of an empty bottle on a water source block has been changed to return a different item. If you pick up the placed water and put it in a tank, it's just like any other water.

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
  1. You *need* the tesseract before the energy cell. The tesseract can accept 10k rf/t FROM EACH SIDE. The powercell can only accept 10 rf/t TOTAL. As you have it, you are only catching 10k rf of the 24k rf the turbine outputs.

Just wanted to address some mis-information here. A Tesseract has no limit to the power it can transfer, total or per side. A powercell (I assume you mean Energy Cell) is limited by side (or connection). In the case of a Resonant cell, it can transfer 10k RF/t per side. If you set all 6 sides to input you could fill it at a rate of 60k RF/t.

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
Yo read my post l0l
Im not sure. Looked over the nodes and they looked correct. As far as external water source. Its not needed with the turbine controller setting "Vent: Closed" so long as you dont over-fill the system with water

Actually FallenS0ul is somewhat correct. Like I said I followed your(SReject) imgur and where it is the SFM config at the bottom the O:Steam>Turb you have if as an Input(Liquid) when it should actually be an Output(Liquid). If I would have really been reading over it I probably would have noticed that. Thanks for all your help!![DOUBLEPOST=1413557328][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just wanted to address some mis-information here. A Tesseract has no limit to the power it can transfer, total or per side. A powercell (I assume you mean Energy Cell) is limited by side (or connection). In the case of a Resonant cell, it can transfer 10k RF/t per side. If you set all 6 sides to input you could fill it at a rate of 60k RF/t.

It is a Resonant Energy Cell and I have it setup with 3 sides being input and 3 sides as output to a Tesseract.

Last edited:

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
What do you mean? What kind of liquids do you want to craft?[DOUBLEPOST=1413551460][/DOUBLEPOST]
The water is no different to water in vanilla Minecraft, except that the spreading is inhibited and the interaction of an empty bottle on a water source block has been changed to return a different item. If you pick up the placed water and put it in a tank, it's just like any other water.

Something like AE (redstone) > Magma crucible? (liquid redstone) > fluid transposer (the yellow energy ducts)[DOUBLEPOST=1413565036][/DOUBLEPOST]No one with any brilliant ideas? ><

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Actually FallenS0ul is somewhat correct. Like I said I followed your(SReject) imgur and where it is the SFM config at the bottom the O:Steam>Turb you have if as an Input(Liquid) when it should actually be an Output(Liquid). If I would have really been reading over it I probably would have noticed that. Thanks for all your help!!
No problem, isn't that what open forums are for?! :p Sorry about the mistake and thanks for pointing it out. The description is fixed for other's looking for the build.

A little update: You can remove the two horizontal slices that contain the empty rotor shafts for an increase in efficiency(19 RF/t) and less blocks required(reduced by a stack of turbine housing blocks/glass)

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
No problem, isn't that what open forums are for?! :p Sorry about the mistake and thanks for pointing it out. The description is fixed for other's looking for the build.

A little update: You can remove the two horizontal slices that contain the empty rotor shafts for an increase in efficiency(19 RF/t) and less blocks required(reduced by a stack of turbine housing blocks/glass)

Oh btw for reactor + turbine, you can place them side by side with ports facing each other with no block gaps. |Reactor|Turbine|

Transfer of steam and water with 0 extra anything :) l0l

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'll note that the dusts that come out of pulverizers are different than those that come from hammering/sieving, and most from the pulverizer can't be used to make block versions.

With that said, using SFM you'd have to add a crafter for all 11 'basic' ores and their 'block version' variants (33 crafters max though unless hammering you won't see some of them).

It'd be tedious but is very doable. To help keep your SFM 'program' clean use groups with input & output nodes. Where each group pretains to each 'metal' type
You can always use the Autopackager and have SFM sort the Broken/Crushed/Pulverized ore into the input chest then have SFM pull the blocks out of the output chest and put the ore dust into a hioven and the gravel/sand ore into ether a pulverizer or AA hammer system to be broken down further. Of course you can always replace SFM with itemducts but they can cause problems so SFM is the safest way to do this
I was looking for a way to avoid 'tedious' by trying to make use of the 'mod detection' setting in SFM [not really sure what this does anyway]. I had something like 3 barrels full of dust that I wanted to process while doing my first city raid but didn't want the collection chest to overflow. In the end I just went ahead and made an AutoPackager working off a fully-charged Hardened cell. Didn't use as much power as I remembered but I'm only blocking ore bits currently.
Survived my trip and now I can finally get away from survival-mode

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Any suggestions for the most "powerful" weapon?

For both melee and ranged.

Tcon's bows are so mehhh

Taking into account that all materials are available in large quantities.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been in my creative world tinkering; trying to maximize the efficancy(more power output, blocks required to make, etc) of the turbine design I've been using from theminecrafters.

So farm my improvements are:
The rotor shaft can be shortened by 2 blocks (and as such, so can the housing) so there isn't a gap between the last set of turbine blades and the start of the coil.
4 turbine blades can be removed, reducing the number of required blades to 80.

Resulting in 1798.1 RPM rotor speed, creating 27086 RF/t[DOUBLEPOST=1413573506][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any suggestions for the most "powerful" weapon?

For both melee and ranged.

Tcon's bows are so mehhh

Taking into account that all materials are available in large quantities.
Depends on choice. For range I use vanilla enchanted bows

Personally I favor cleavers. They are slower but can do massive amounts of damage. My current one is Manyullyn everything, fully upgraded with sharpness for each open modifier slot. does 11.5 hearts of damage

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been in my creative world tinkering; trying to maximize the efficancy(more power output, blocks required to make, etc) of the turbine design I've been using from theminecrafters.

So farm my improvements are:
The rotor shaft can be shortened by 2 blocks (and as such, so can the housing) so there isn't a gap between the last set of turbine blades and the start of the coil.
4 turbine blades can be removed, reducing the number of required blades to 80.

Resulting in 1798.1 RPM rotor speed, creating 27086 RF/t[DOUBLEPOST=1413573506][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends on choice. For range I use vanilla enchanted bows

Personally I favor cleavers. They are slower but can do massive amounts of damage. My current one is Manyullyn everything, fully upgraded with sharpness for each open modifier slot. does 11.5 hearts of damage

Welp precisely what im using at the moment. Anything better? TiCon's wiki on ftb site suggests that manylyymn everything may not be the best dmg combo.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Welp precisely what im using at the moment. Anything better? TiCon's wiki on ftb site suggests that manylyymn everything may not be the best dmg combo.
Something you could try is augmenting the cleaver's dmg output with exo-armor upgrades [diamond I believe].

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
TiCon's bows are not the strength. Their arrows are. Bows are for shooting faster arrows for hitting harder. Also make an excellent unbreaking sword(Up to 14 damage IIRC).

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
TiCon's bows are not the strength. Their arrows are. Bows are for shooting faster arrows for hitting harder. Also make an excellent unbreaking sword(Up to 14 damage IIRC).

I tried it out with manyllm arrows. Not worth the trouble l0l.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I had made a Diamond Dolly a while ago and used it in the city. It has been amazing having that spawner!
I said where, not how :p

Right now Im using a mob system + autospawner with captured enderman... but it takes up quite a bit of space

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
I said where, not how :p

Right now Im using a mob system + autospawner with captured enderman... but it takes up quite a bit of space

It was in the city to the south somewhere. I cant remember what type of building it was in though.