[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

ttech

Jul 29, 2019
The SFM looks fine unless the ports you are using in SFM for steam are actually those that are handling water and vice-versa.

Also, did you activate the turbine?

If so, can I get a world download? (Stand infront of reactor, exit minecraft. locate your crashlanding folder, navigate to ../crashlanding/minecraft/saves/, zip your world's save file, post it to a website and give link)

Here you go.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hram9erqckd8cnn/8_26_14.zip?dl=1

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Is this some kind of bug? Glitch? Test code? Joke?
2014-10-17_00.03.59.jpg
I'm guessing it's some way of testing the chest loot algorithm, that got left in the 1.1.3 pack by accident.

*Edit* Ok, my bad, this is another leftover from my merging the 1.1.2 pack with the 1.1.3, I'm guessing that this "city" was in the 1.1.2 template as when I delete the chunks and go back it is no longer there.

Last edited:

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@ttech Everything looked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem was but I fixed it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/603k0ugbrllx58y/ttech's World.zip?dl=0

What I did:
Checked of SFM, saw no problem
Replaced turbine fluid ports(there's a glitch with them)*
Replaced Reactor coolant ports*
Redid all of SFM

Not sure which did it, but it works

*: Big Reactor's fluid/coolant ports have placement issues. Even though it looks like they face all directions at once, really just the face you viewed directly after placing can input/output (sort of like a piston face)

--

IMPORTANT NOTES
  1. You need two more enderium blocks around the rotor shaft for max power efficancy
  2. You *need* the tesseract before the energy cell. The tesseract can accept 10k rf/t FROM EACH SIDE. The powercell can only accept 10 rf/t TOTAL. As you have it, you are only catching 10k rf of the 24k rf the turbine outputs.
  3. You are missing a fuel control rod. You should have 6x 2 long control rods. without the 6th one you aren't creating enough steam to run your turbine at full steam The rod wasn't where I expected it, but it is there, so nevermind
  4. I overfilled the reactor. Reverse the fluid duct so it pulls from the reactor and outputs into the tank, and remove about 4000mb worth(4 buckets)

Last edited:

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
@ttech Everything looked fine, so I'm not sure what the problem was but I fixed it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/603k0ugbrllx58y/ttech's World.zip?dl=0

What I did:
Checked of SFM, saw no problem
Replaced turbine fluid ports(there's a glitch with them)*
Replaced Reactor coolant ports*
Redid all of SFM

Not sure which did it, but it works

*: Big Reactor's fluid/coolant ports have placement issues. Even though it looks like they face all directions at once, really just the face you viewed directly after placing can input/output (sort of like a piston face)

Yo read my post l0l

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure. Looked over the nodes and they looked correct. As far as external water source. Its not needed with the turbine controller setting "Vent: Closed" so long as you dont over-fill the system with water

... He renamed his input and output command on SFM wrongly aka input = output, output = input. Which screwed the system

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Early game mass Charcoal generation.

Lumber axe + SFM+ 8 furnaces + 2*2 jungle tree = Enough Charcoal to to power a high oven near indefinately

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I have never ran through as much redstone as I just did making ME drives >.> Finally getting around to moving away from JABBA barrels to AE... Mainly b/c my base is turning out to be nothing but walls of barrels and chests

----

Ok, sort of a balancing question, would it better/same/worse to run:

4 MFR Lasers @ 20k RF/t each
vs
5 MFR Lasers @ 16k RF/t each

I accidently made an extra laser, and my GF mentioned using them all at less-than-peak production speeds. And my brain is hurting whether it'd be balanced, or a bit better

Last edited:
Reactions: Evillevi

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
I have never ran through as much redstone as I just did making ME drives >.> Finally getting around to moving away from JABBA barrels to AE... Mainly b/c my base is turning out to be nothing but walls of barrels and chests

----

Ok, sort of a balancing question, would it better/same/worse to run:

4 MFR Lasers @ 20k RF/t each
vs
5 MFR Lasers @ 16k RF/t each

I accidently made an extra laser, and my GF mentioned using them all at less-than-peak production speeds. And my brain is hurting whether it'd be balanced, or a bit better
IIRC 5 lasers would be a bit better. since the prechargers have a buffer time that makes the laser have a slight delay in accepting power. A delay you can use to charge up the prechargers a little bit more

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd be sneaky and see if I could setup SFM to autocraft broken/pulverized ore bits into their respective block versions using fuzzy mod detection...failed. Is there a way to setup SFM to do this without specifying each individual recipe?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Thought I'd be sneaky and see if I could setup SFM to autocraft broken/pulverized ore bits into their respective block versions using fuzzy mod detection...failed. Is there a way to setup SFM to do this without specifying each individual recipe?
SFM on it's own...
Nope there isn't a way to do it.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
First, I'll note that the dusts that come out of pulverizers are different than those that come from hammering/sieving, and most from the pulverizer can't be used to make block versions.

With that said, using SFM you'd have to add a crafter for all 11 'basic' ores and their 'block version' variants (33 crafters max though unless hammering you won't see some of them).

It'd be tedious but is very doable. To help keep your SFM 'program' clean use groups with input & output nodes. Where each group pretains to each 'metal' type

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
You can always use the Autopackager and have SFM sort the Broken/Crushed/Pulverized ore into the input chest then have SFM pull the blocks out of the output chest and put the ore dust into a hioven and the gravel/sand ore into ether a pulverizer or AA hammer system to be broken down further. Of course you can always replace SFM with itemducts but they can cause problems so SFM is the safest way to do this

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
BTW how can I spawn squid. In particular whats the dimension of the pool and do we need more than 1 source block to make said pool

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
BTW how can I spawn squid. In particular whats the dimension of the pool and do we need more than 1 source block to make said pool
between level 46 and 62, and no, dig a 7x7 hole from 62 down to 46. cover hole leaving a 1 block tall edge around it. add water bucket to center, let it flow, remove covering.

The above is vanilla mechanics. Im not sure if there'd be an issue with this modpack as all placed water appears to be salt water

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Squid plant seeds are an option, plant them on a single source block amd bonemeal them three times and they spawn a squid. You can keep doing that, or net it into an autospawner.