[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Any one else using cacti for there water? :p I thought it was an intresting way to do it since I saw most using leaves. I have SFM auto crafting water bottles (with a large cacti farm), then putting them into my my empty camel pack and sending me the filled one.
Yep. I have a 9x5 cactus farm and two SFM rapid item valves on a fast clock picking up the cactus as it breaks. I also have a block gate placing and removing cobble on the same clock, and place cactus seeds for extra cactus. I grab a stack of cactus seeds out of my sifter chest and get 64 cactus with a few seconds of holding right-click.

Does anyone know how to tame ocelots? Raw fish don't work, perhaps because of Hunger Overhaul.

Also, does the Fisher work, and are there any requirements such as size or depth of water? It's stuck on 110/900 work. I'm guessing it's disabled, as that would be too easy, and where do the fish come from anyway on a dead planet...

Last edited:

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Stuff keeps disappearing from my ME system. I just built it, it's got 1 regular ME drive and 1 hardened drive (I'm using an alternative map that gives the blast resistant drive) and my Certus Quartz, Nether Quartz Dust, and redstone keeps disappearing. Has anyone else encountered that?

*Edit* I think it's the blast resistant drive. I just moved my storage cells into the regular drive and now it doesn't seem to happen. Beware the hardened drive!

ariosos

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed something strange with heat signatures, namely between the furnace and slab furnace. (bug?)

When I put down a furnace in a test world, there's no change in ambient temperature, but when I put down the slab furnace, the temperature goes sky-high. (I would also think that a generator with no RF in it wouldn't produce heat, either, but it does..) I was wondering why I was getting random heat spikes in my doorway... :)

(note the marker on the temperature gauge)

Ghess

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know why, but in this pack my fps limit is 120 with v-sync on and balanced performance. Does anyone know how to set the fps limit to 60?

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yep. I have a 9x5 cactus farm and two SFM rapid item valves on a fast clock picking up the cactus as it breaks. I also have a block gate placing and removing cobble on the same clock, and place cactus seeds for extra cactus. I grab a stack of cactus seeds out of my sifter chest and get 64 cactus with a few seconds of holding right-click.

Does anyone know how to tame ocelots? Raw fish don't work, perhaps because of Hunger Overhaul.

Also, does the Fisher work, and are there any requirements such as size or depth of water? It's stuck on 110/900 work. I'm guessing it's disabled, as that would be too easy, and where do the fish come from anyway on a dead planet...
Haven't tried the Fisher in this pack, but the 'pool' requirements are a 3x3x1 body of still water with the Fisher directly over the middle source. Water sources can be shared between Fishers and additional depth provides no benefit. Fishers were nerf'd recently [I'm guessing about the same time as Ranchers] so fish collection is slow at best. Make sure your Fisher has sufficient power and inventory space.

Almost did it again. As my GrandMother says 'Old age damn no good'...
Getting my spawners up [finally] and noticed I'm not getting anything but 'vanilla' Endermen from the AutoSpawner. If I want Glistening Melons, do I need to net a Cursed Enderman for exact-copy spawns?

schpeelah

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed something strange with heat signatures, namely between the furnace and slab furnace. (bug?)

When I put down a furnace in a test world, there's no change in ambient temperature, but when I put down the slab furnace, the temperature goes sky-high. (I would also think that a generator with no RF in it wouldn't produce heat, either, but it does..) I was wondering why I was getting random heat spikes in my doorway... :)
The vanilla furnace is technically two different blocks when lit and unlit, and only produces heat when lit. The slab furnace does not work this way, so it produces heat all the time. Same goes for generators and machines.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I want to add a post over on the CL website listing all the known bugs and fixes so ppl can find bugs and fixes faster now i know 99.9% of them but rembering them off the top of my head is tuff so can i get some help from everybody by sending me all the bugs and fixes you all know ether at [email protected] or you can PM me here.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I found melon seeds but have not figured any way to get pumpkins from anything so there may not be a way unless u cheat them in :(
How did you find melon seeds? I know [95% certain] they were supposed to have been removed from the game. Google'd and found a legit way to get Pumpkins [some may consider an exploit] You should be able to get Pumpkins for one day, once a year, if you're killing mobs.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
They don't drop from sifting dirt but there is a completely legit way to get them. We did not cheat them in

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
They don't drop from sifting dirt but there is a completely legit way to get them. We did not cheat them in
Even legit [vanilla mechanics] ways are considered exploits by some. It's why I was obtuse in my description. Somewhat exhaustive google search yielded a way to obtain melon seeds through vanilla mechanics,so I'll stop right here.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
ive let shane and iskandar know and the decision whether the info goes any further is at their discretion- the means are there and obtainable for people that take the time and put the work in for them. I will say we weren't trying specifically for them they were a happy coincidence along the way