[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like you are really only able to think about what the pack currently is and not what it COULD be.
- Add Galacticraft
- Add some recipes (lets use TE to keep it simple)
- Induction Smelter: Pyrothium + Block of metal -> "Unrefined Fuel Crystals" (using any of the unused ExAliquo materials. Or heck, make the crystal a %-based byproduct)
- Magma Crucible: Fuel Crystal -> 10mB Galacticarft fuel
You would go through your ingots so fast while refining the materials into fuel, that there would actually be a reason to build a more complex infrastructure and maximize the processing and energy generation.

Iskander has created an awesome pack that is a blast to play for the first 150ish Minecraft days. But after that you run out of content very easily, adding another tech mod or two (Mekanism and Galacticraft) would add so much more things to do that it would keep it interesting for a much longer time.

Sounds like a tedious grind to me, exactly what the pack doesn't need. Go ahead and add Galacticraft. You don't need to add 5x ore processing. You don't need to add an entirely new ore processing mod alongside Galacticraft.

If you're going to add an arbitrary ingot sink to justify 5x then you should state that when claiming 5x is important, instead of after when people tell you 5x isn't needed at the point in the tech tree you get it.

Instead you never do, expecting people to read your mind. Long story short, an interesting ship building phase for endgame doesn't need Mekanism, nor does it need 5x ore processing.

And hey, I'm not against adding Mekanism to the pack. None of my justifications for it would be a need for 5x ore processing, though. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Genshou

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
Hey has anyone found pumpkin seeds? I finally figured out melon seeds but can't get pumpkin. Anyone know how to get them?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Most of the lag from harvesters is from the sounds which can be disabled in the config, have you tried that?
yeah, that improved things. thanks. I forgot about that. I did the same thing early on in agskies, I had completely forgotten about that.
My box is cpu deprived, thus, I can usually run things perfectly normal at the start, but once I start making alot of machinery, etc... fps drops pretty slowly parallel to the amount of machines in use.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Has anyone actually found an assembly controller or an assembly laser in a city? I just finished checking 8 PC buildings and got everything else but that. I even got a kinetic compressor (that quest still needs a manual detect button btw). If it is possible I will head to another city, otherwise I will be biting the bullet and making one.

Also, was the tick rate on ZA lowered for performance reasons or was it for balance reasons? If it was for performance I'm going to change it back as I don't need it. If it was for balance though I'll just leave it as it is. I don't like the fact the mobs just stand there now. Even in the cities if you are a building or two over they won't come and get you.

Edit: Does anyone else see some weird things under the ground to the west of the base when they are flying back from the southern city? It's like a bunch of mobs under the ground or something. I can't really see as it is a few thousand blocks away and I am looking through an unloaded chunk. I'll try and take a screenshot the next time I am flying to and from the city.
I found no laser and no controller in my 20+ buildings, but you're right, it's not detect so you have to build all of them anyways at least once (twice for the io ones).

I find it wierd that some crafing (assumption since internally it could be doing something different) quests show things you found in city, but in others it doesn't, and it doesn't seem to have anything to do with quests being unlocked beforehand. I know that dropping item on ground and picking them up sometimes triggers that from other packs. Getting them out of chests for example, doesn't.[DOUBLEPOST=1410545401][/DOUBLEPOST]
Heya all

I'm having a bit of an issue with the MFR grinder. It worked fine up until now. I went away from it to raid a city and expanded my base of operations, and when I came back, I found it wasn't working anymore. This is the state it's in http://imgur.com/a/KAciw
You can see it's receiving power, it has output for both items and liquid, and has plenty of work to do. I've tried replacing the block, replacing the tubes, and removing the obsidian wall in front of it, but nothing came from it.

What am I doing wrong? Is it a bug?

Cheers!
is the idle bar going up and down or just stuck, i.e. not moving (either of them). when you put it back down, ensure with precision hammer it's facing the right way too.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Sounds like a tedious grind to me, exactly what the pack doesn't need. Go ahead and add Galacticraft. You don't need to add 5x ore processing. You don't need to add an entirely new ore processing mod alongside Galacticraft.

If you're going to add an arbitrary ingot sink to justify 5x then you should state that when claiming 5x is important, instead of after when people tell you 5x isn't needed at the point in the tech tree you get it.

Instead you never do, expecting people to read your mind. Long story short, an interesting ship building phase for endgame doesn't need Mekanism, nor does it need 5x ore processing.

And hey, I'm not against adding Mekanism to the pack. None of my justifications for it would be a need for 5x ore processing, though. ;)
Yeah, it's a secret sauce that CL offers in those early days of play that is unique here. Something that adds to the entire mix versus adds to lengthening the time it takes to achieve the goal is really the huge difference here. I'd say 90% of packs if not higher fall into that latter category, while a rare few either turn everything on it's head or are able to chart a way towards uniqueness in it's own way. I'd love to be intelligent enough to be able to quantify exactly how that happens completely (I can surmise most of it, but not all).

I think this, in and of itself, is the same thing that allows a tiny game with minimal resources (like terraria, starbound, etc..) to be much more fun than a AAA title and has longer breadth to it. A game that has a unique flavor that lasts playthrough after playthrough, as opposed to you go through once, the only reason to go again is cause you spent $$$ on the game and you want to get your money's worth.

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, need some help. Trying to join a server with some friends, but when I'm in, I spawn outside the ship, and when my friend does /hqm quest I get the quest book, but I can't open it. Tried this again on my own server and still can't open it. I spawn outside the ship with a couple of books, if that means something.
Maybe you're actually spawning at the real spawn point instead of the ship spawn point for some reason? Think someone had a similar problem a long while back, can't quite remember what they did though:(

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I'm stuck at mid-pneumacraft stage. I can't figure how I can mass produce black and blue plastic.

0positivo

Jul 29, 2019
is the idle bar going up and down or just stuck, i.e. not moving (either of them). when you put it back down, ensure with precision hammer it's facing the right way too.
It was not moving at all, and was facing the correct way

However, exiting and reentering the game seems to have fixed it, despite me trying that same tactic twice before

In short, it now works, and I have no idea why

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Why am I not getting any seeds when using MFR Harvester on non-vanilla plants(soybeans, cabbage, tomato etc.)?
Is it by design or is my client corrupted again?

Kezarious

Jul 29, 2019
So, first time ever getting a steady water supply, and a farm.... Aaaand, a spider riding a ghast killed me... In the daytime... WTF. Didn't even have time to shit myself. Had no sync. Well, I'm done for today.

Reactions: Shane2482

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
heh that's me. starting fires and running away like the 'offensive' person I am :) gotta love email alerts.

btw, same suggestion goes to you. Try out fastcraft on a 1.7.10 pack and see if it helps your FPS. It does a decent job on the worldgen lag which is mostly the lag you get from some mods. Also, look at SatanicSanta's sig. He's got a pastebin site link in there that has some good java params. I found it easier to load up the modpack in ftb, quit out, go into multimc and edit my params there so I don't have to do a global java param across the board for all packs. It works quite well. that way you can test things w/o interfering with your other packs, etc... I'd suggest the phoenix pack to play with first. The overworld is the most kind to lower end boxes since it uses skylands (which is pretty awesome btw). You gotta experience the thing to complain about the thing.
Yeah, I need to fiddle with it more, but so far my performance in Phoenixcraft is slighlty worse than urban performance in crash landing.

Playable, but I really like CL, in that I can get far better performance by simply spending time away from urban areas and keeping my builds somewhat simple.

That said fastcraft and the JVM arguments do make a considerable difference. Those on marginal systems looking to move to 1.7 should seriously consider them.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
Be more specific... Don't have enough seeds... Low pressure... Interface don't move stacks (low pressure)
Don't have enough seeds, especially of right color. Dark Blue needs rain, for example.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
It was not moving at all, and was facing the correct way

However, exiting and reentering the game seems to have fixed it, despite me trying that same tactic twice before

In short, it now works, and I have no idea why
chunk loader. Most likely this is what was causing the issues. Try adding immibis or chicken chunk loader to pack and plop one down.