[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
What is wanted/needed is a proper ending to the existing version - something that returns us to space would be most appropriate.
I dont care about 1.7, sounds like it will need another pack of mods to make it work anyhow. Make a new map pack for it

The water exploits, most will have set up a system before it becomes possible and if they want to cheat they will anyway, just ruining their own fun imo.
Could you remove sync and use the HQM hearts instead of giving a chunk loader? would hearts stop the no data when its used bug?
For the books just add a note in the quest book.
I'm with Shane, I dont want to wait months for the ending to be in a 1.7 pack

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone actually found an assembly controller or an assembly laser in a city? I just finished checking 8 PC buildings and got everything else but that. I even got a kinetic compressor (that quest still needs a manual detect button btw). If it is possible I will head to another city, otherwise I will be biting the bullet and making one.

Also, was the tick rate on ZA lowered for performance reasons or was it for balance reasons? If it was for performance I'm going to change it back as I don't need it. If it was for balance though I'll just leave it as it is. I don't like the fact the mobs just stand there now. Even in the cities if you are a building or two over they won't come and get you.

Edit: Does anyone else see some weird things under the ground to the west of the base when they are flying back from the southern city? It's like a bunch of mobs under the ground or something. I can't really see as it is a few thousand blocks away and I am looking through an unloaded chunk. I'll try and take a screenshot the next time I am flying to and from the city.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Most of the lag from harvesters is from the sounds which can be disabled in the config, have you tried that?
Harvesters give me a lot of fps problems whether the sound is on or off, but I noticed that just simply building my harvester tree farm away from my base out of viewing distance and giving it a chunk loader really fixes the problem. In AgS I had a max sized 25x25 tree farm with 3 harvesters and it made a huge difference moving it far away from my island.

0positivo

Jul 29, 2019
Heya all

I'm having a bit of an issue with the MFR grinder. It worked fine up until now. I went away from it to raid a city and expanded my base of operations, and when I came back, I found it wasn't working anymore. This is the state it's in http://imgur.com/a/KAciw
You can see it's receiving power, it has output for both items and liquid, and has plenty of work to do. I've tried replacing the block, replacing the tubes, and removing the obsidian wall in front of it, but nothing came from it.

What am I doing wrong? Is it a bug?

Cheers!

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Heya all

I'm having a bit of an issue with the MFR grinder. It worked fine up until now. I went away from it to raid a city and expanded my base of operations, and when I came back, I found it wasn't working anymore. This is the state it's in http://imgur.com/a/KAciw
You can see it's receiving power, it has output for both items and liquid, and has plenty of work to do. I've tried replacing the block, replacing the tubes, and removing the obsidian wall in front of it, but nothing came from it.

Cheers!
If the idle bar (the blue one) is not moving at all it usually means it's clogged. Check your item output chest and see if it is full, if it is empty it a bit and let the pipes empty too. Then it should start back up again.

Also if you are piping into a double chest and only using a single connection it will only output to the chest it's connected to (it treats it as a single chest). To fix this you need to make sure that the pipe is inputting to both chest this means it will fill them both. I'm not sure if this is the problem but it's all I can think of off these pics.

Teebor

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone actually found an assembly controller or an assembly laser in a city? I just finished checking 8 PC buildings and got everything else but that. I even got a kinetic compressor (that quest still needs a manual detect button btw). If it is possible I will head to another city, otherwise I will be biting the bullet and making one.

Also, was the tick rate on ZA lowered for performance reasons or was it for balance reasons? If it was for performance I'm going to change it back as I don't need it. If it was for balance though I'll just leave it as it is. I don't like the fact the mobs just stand there now. Even in the cities if you are a building or two over they won't come and get you.

Edit: Does anyone else see some weird things under the ground to the west of the base when they are flying back from the southern city? It's like a bunch of mobs under the ground or something. I can't really see as it is a few thousand blocks away and I am looking through an unloaded chunk. I'll try and take a screenshot the next time I am flying to and from the city.

So far I think I've only seen the arms and worktable thing, sometimes a charging station. Otherwise its just a kinetic compressor thing, and some other odds and ends

Heya all

Cheers!

I will guess that you do not have a chunk loader? If that is the case pop the bottom itemduct off the grinder and items will start dropping out, then put it back on.
Its a known itemduct issue when the chunks are unloaded.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Heya all

Cheers!

There's a good chance if you move that lever for the fluiduct up it'll work again. A redstone signal turns off MFR machines.

@Yoshi667

I've found a drill(As well as the other stuff) but no laser. Might just be ultra rare.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
I just realized that I rarely check this thread outside work, and to date every post other than 2 have also been made while I'm at work. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think they spawn in PC buildings. I raid 3 cities all the PC building and finishing crafting myself.

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
When did Gid start watching this thread?

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
When I started following every section of the Feed the Beast forums, for every reply. It's rare that I ever respond in lots of places, though, because I get ~100 alerts every hour.

I was bored. Now I never leave.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have a kinetic compressor, 3 charging stations, 6 Assembly IO units, 3 Assembly Platforms, and an Assembly Drill but no laser or controller lol. Looks like I will be putting the 5 stacks of compressed I got to use. I'm just glad I got most of the stuff I need to finish PC off. I still need to make the damn plastic though. Oh and of course I need the Glistening Melon for the upgrades quest...sigh.

I'm really disliking PC. It's just so tedious, if you don't automate it you lose pressure, but if you do automate it you still lose pressure. I hate it so much that I would rather die another 6 times (3 were bugs) in the city than mess with the compression chamber. Grrrrrrr. :mad:

Kezarious

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, need some help. Trying to join a server with some friends, but when I'm in, I spawn outside the ship, and when my friend does /hqm quest I get the quest book, but I can't open it. Tried this again on my own server and still can't open it. I spawn outside the ship with a couple of books, if that means something.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
In AgS I had a max sized 25x25 tree farm with 3 harvesters and it made a huge difference moving it far away from my island.

I never really understand why people make max-size MFR tree farms. I make the smallest size possible for the tree I'm farming and then use fertilizer from sewage to grow them right after they're planted. Usually I need cows for something else so I don't mind keeping a herd for sewage.

I find that if you're willing to use fertilizer smaller is better for just about anything you want to grow with MFR due to how the harvesters work.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have a kinetic compressor, 3 charging stations, 6 Assembly IO units, 3 Assembly Platforms, and an Assembly Drill but no laser or controller lol. Looks like I will be putting the 5 stacks of compressed I got to use. I'm just glad I got most of the stuff I need to finish PC off. I still need to make the damn plastic though. Oh and of course I need the Glistening Melon for the upgrades quest...sigh.

I'm really disliking PC. It's just so tedious, if you don't automate it you lose pressure, but if you do automate it you still lose pressure. I hate it so much that I would rather die another 6 times (3 were bugs) in the city than mess with the compression chamber. Grrrrrrr. :mad:
Once you get some kinetic compressors setup to keep your high pressure at 19.5 bars and your low pressure at 4.5 bars, the compression chamber rarely ever loses any pressure. I can process stacks of items at a time in it and not have it stall.

I never really understand why people make max-size tree farms. I make the smallest size possible for the tree I'm farming and then use fertilizer from sewage to grow them right after they're planted. Usually I need cows for something else so I don't mind keeping a herd for sewage.

I find that if you're willing to use fertilizer smaller is better for just about anything you want to grow with MFR due to how the harvesters work.
Well in AgS, there was that quest for 100k logs or some crazy high number, so I felt a max sized tree farm was needed. in CL I only use a 9x9 tree farm with jungle trees, produces far more than I'd ever need and doesn't need a fertilizer.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Well in AgS, there was that quest for 100k logs or some crazy high number, so I felt a max sized tree farm was needed. in CL I only use a 9x9 tree farm with jungle trees, produces far more than I'd ever need and doesn't need a fertilizer.

If you use fertilizer though the limit is the harvester speed. If you have 3 harvesters you don't really need more than 3 trees, for example. As a harvester starts cutting upwards on a tree a new sapling is planted beneath it and grows as soon as the old tree is cleared so the harvester just keeps on going.

Trees sitting there unharvested don't buy you anything.