[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ah yes that's it, thanks kindly.[DOUBLEPOST=1408639234][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok now we're talking...

http://ae1.ae-mod.info/Matter-Cannon/
2 words: Lead nuggets. but it destroys terrain as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1408641026][/DOUBLEPOST]
have you tried a bow from TiCo. most times it levels and get haste and you could put blaze powder on for flaming. Don't know if sharpness works on bows? I think you can make a reg wood one or you could do the research and see which one has the shortest draw time. It works with reg arrow as i remember. also u can make the canisters for the needle gun if i recall right. So you could keep a stack of needle gun ammo on you if you are at med game.
The tico bow is nice in that not only can you enchant the bow, but also the arrows. Tho, that's curious. how do you level up the arrows here? Yeah, that probably won't work.

As far as the needle gun, watch out for the anvil ammo. you will have to clean up each and every anvil that gets dropped. I find it worthless tho I've never tried to kill the wither with it.

Shaynastie

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a question and I am sure people are going to rip me a new one but I am old so please be nice. Anyway, I want to play this mod pack and have been installing , uninstalling , installing etc, over and over because I can not seem to get the sapling. I have watched videos and it seems that people already have that as one of their start up items. But for me it will not show up. I can not go into creative to get it so anyone got any suggestions?

thanks guys for the answers. I was gettin so frustrated. and you were right I was just missing the part where they got the sapling. I can be such a fool sometimes.

Last edited:

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
So i have a question and I am sure people are going to rip me a new one but I am old so please be nice. Anyway, I want to play this mod pack and have been installing , uninstalling , installing etc, over and over because I can not seem to get the sapling. I have watched videos and it seems that people already have that as one of their start up items. But for me it will not show up. I can not go into creative to get it so anyone got any suggestions?

It's a reward from one of the "question mark" quests in the quest book. Hope that helps!

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
In the videos you're watching, the folks are probably moving pretty fast, so you likely didn't notice it.

One of the first quests calls on you to submit a piece of dust and choose the "easy" or "hard" route. Both routes provide you saplings.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Have finally reached the point I was at when my last game was brutally ended via ghast. Day 47 smeltery has been crafted via stones again, and now have soybeans plentiful enough to start planning regular meals around ... Guess who's having cheeseburgers tonight!

After preparing a few meals I'll build my auto smeltery fuel system...terrain smasher to crucible to smeltery and overflow to open block storage.

My current favorite and most valuable (to me) arrangement is my water supply station. Transposer powered by energy cell charged by 2 survival gens. Input bottom and side, output top and opposite side. Left side chest to hopper feed in enpty bottles, leaves and saplings , water out top to the top of open block tank 3 high. Out right side to chest for saps, sticks, and filled water bottles. Bottom input water from the bottom of the open block tank. Just a push of a button to fill water bottles after filling camel packs and walk away, cut trees, drop leaves make sure it's set to drain, walk away. Open block tanks are great for keeping an eye on reserves from a distance. :)
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Have finally reached the point I was at when my last game was brutally ended via ghast. Day 47 smeltery has been crafted via stones again, and now have soybeans plentiful enough to start planning regular meals around ... Guess who's having cheeseburgers tonight!

After preparing a few meals I'll build my auto smeltery fuel system...terrain smasher to crucible to smeltery and overflow to open block storage.

My current favorite and most valuable (to me) arrangement is my water supply station. Transposer powered by energy cell charged by 2 survival gens. Input bottom and side, output top and opposite side. Left side chest to hopper feed in enpty bottles, leaves and saplings , water out top to the top of open block tank 3 high. Out right side to chest for saps, sticks, and filled water bottles. Bottom input water from the bottom of the open block tank. Just a push of a button to fill water bottles after filling camel packs and walk away, cut trees, drop leaves make sure it's set to drain, walk away. Open block tanks are great for keep an eye on reserves from a distance. :)

You might want to automate dirt production. Not only for water bottles but you'll need dirt to expand your farms, etc... I don't know why, but I feel it works better than the other methods since you don't have to supply it any power, but I've never done the math for figuring out how much charcoal to convert dirty water bottles vs same charcoal in furnace generator to power transposer. I usually ignore the transposer after the quest and do crucible for straight water into a tank or two, and dirt production. I use the dirt production solely for water and just keep a stock of 30 or so water bottles and empty bottles, and eventually use SFM to automate that. At some point, after sieving all the resources is setup, you'll be swimming in coal from gravel, so yeah, it becomes pretty easy at some point. Once you get an MFR harvester/planter/fertilizer combo setup, water will never be a thing you worry about and AA is like *meh* .... :)

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
You might want to automate dirt production. Not only for water bottles but you'll need dirt to expand your farms, etc... I don't know why, but I feel it works better than the other methods since you don't have to supply it any power, but I've never done the math for figuring out how much charcoal to convert dirty water bottles vs same charcoal in furnace generator to power transposer. I usually ignore the transposer after the quest and do crucible for straight water into a tank or two, and dirt production. I use the dirt production solely for water and just keep a stock of 30 or so water bottles and empty bottles, and eventually use SFM to automate that. At some point, after sieving all the resources is setup, you'll be swimming in coal from gravel, so yeah, it becomes pretty easy at some point. Once you get an MFR harvester/planter/fertilizer combo setup, water will never be a thing you worry about and AA is like *meh* .... :)

Lol I usually only drop 2 or 3 stacks of leaves for water, the rest go in another chest that fills barrels to compost and piped again to my dirt storage chest. I use the transposer because it really cuts my involvement time down. As far as efficiency, 2 more leaves vs dirt, but a single charcoal lasts 22 minutes in a generator leaving plenty of wood for other uses....don't forget, cobble to lava to bucket to furnace. My second transposer keeps furnaces fueled that way at all times. I never worry about cooking one thing and wasting a pc of fuel since lava is so much easier to supply. :)

Reactions: DoomSquirter

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I like to use one of the transposers to auto fuel furnaces with lava. I'll admit that I'm a little slow to do so in 1.1.2 as I'm a bit scrougish with my servos.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
don't forget, cobble to lava to bucket to furnace. My second transposer keeps furnaces fueled that way at all times. I never worry about cooking one thing and wasting a pc of fuel since lava is so much easier to supply. :)
Lava as furnace fuel?...somehow I'd forgotten exactly this.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Put it in a bucket, maybe?
beyond that transposers will fill the bucket for you to automate the fueling proccess... rather handy for converting barrels of cobble into barrels of stone.

but as has been stated, with the cheap lava..... you could use a bucket of lava for a days worth of water without it being a major issue.

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
A bucket of lava will get you about 2 stacks of whatever cooked. A clay bucket can only carry lava once and will be destroyed in the process which is how I dispose of that first bucket. All other buckets are metal, and can be reused hence the transposer solution.

Last edited:

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Lol I usually only drop 2 or 3 stacks of leaves for water, the rest go in another chest that fills barrels to compost and piped again to my dirt storage chest. I use the transposer because it really cuts my involvement time down. As far as efficiency, 2 more leaves vs dirt, but a single charcoal lasts 22 minutes in a generator leaving plenty of wood for other uses....don't forget, cobble to lava to bucket to furnace. My second transposer keeps furnaces fueled that way at all times. I never worry about cooking one thing and wasting a pc of fuel since lava is so much easier to supply. :)
good point. I should have realized that.[DOUBLEPOST=1408654725][/DOUBLEPOST]
beyond that transposers will fill the bucket for you to automate the fueling proccess... rather handy for converting barrels of cobble into barrels of stone.

but as has been stated, with the cheap lava..... you could use a bucket of lava for a days worth of water without it being a major issue.
One thing I wish tho is that the fluid transposers actually worked with all liquid storage. I have had alot of issues using them with drums in the past. And they won't (iirc) partially fill things ... wait. I'm thinking of the me fluid interface aren't I. damn you skun. you destroyed my memory... damn you skun.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I've possibly narrowed down zombie spawns next to me in my base to the zombie reinforcement mechanic. I am always finding XP orbs inside my mob grinder after it happens. I'm not sure which mod is bugging and causing the game to think drowning is a player-caused death. They're also not supposed to spawn in lit areas, nor within the spawn-safe radius around the player.

And for some reason, it seems to spawn more baby zombies than regular ones.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Heh, those tiny skeletons that run a million miles per hour are neat. I like watching those run around as I fly around at night with my resonate jetpack.

mDiyo

Jul 29, 2019
My arm's healed up enough that I can start recording Minecraft again. Time to get started!

It looks like I'm going to have to create a new world in order to play the map properly. I hope it doesn't take too long to get back to where I was. I was just getting started and finally got to the point where I didn't die in the first couple days, so that's a bonus. Let's see what all has changed...

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to cool off machine rooms so we don't start sweating when we're around a lot of machinery? Maybe a fan of some sort? I'm putting most of my machines down in the basement so the ship isn't so bad but going down there for any real amount of time leads to those annoying sweats.

Ideas/thoughts?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to cool off machine rooms so we don't start sweating when we're around a lot of machinery? Maybe a fan of some sort? I'm putting most of my machines down in the basement so the ship isn't so bad but going down there for any real amount of time leads to those annoying sweats.

Ideas/thoughts?
there isn't much.... yet. enviromine is working on some but I have not seen anything like an eta. standing in water can help, but it doesn't do much for proximity to lava. My suggestion is to locate the heavy heat generators outside your immediate living spaces.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
there isn't much.... yet. enviromine is working on some but I have not seen anything like an eta. standing in water can help, but it doesn't do much for proximity to lava. My suggestion is to locate the heavy heat generators outside your immediate living spaces.

Yep, and use lots of cables/conduits/pipes if necessary.

Do different machines generate different amounts of heat? Guess I need to go do some research (though for now, I'm assuming that I should try to get just about everything out of the ship).