[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah, I've only dealt with hypothermia once, it wasn't fun..... spent much of the night fishing in gold boots while standing in a pool....... Noticed the status effect, but couldn't get to the pyrotherm. I did manage to survive the night but I swear it was an hour of playing time before the frostbite wore off. Spent a heck of a long time cuddled up with the pyrotherm suffering from both heat stroke and frost bite.... FML
In epiccraft, I ended up settling on the border between a jungle and arctic. So, between being batted around by yeti's and bit by poisonous spiders, it was a madhouse. But, I ended up getting frostbite more than heatstroke. I ended up finding the hard way that if you have bad frostbite, not a good idea to jump into lava to warm up.

But, setting up a 1x1 pool of lava with a cover over it that you can walk on. Yeah, that worked like a charm. They had campfires too. don't rem which mod the campfires were from.

Spyder1369

Jul 29, 2019
was wondering if it was intentional that spice seeds are "unhoeable" as its a dust planet i dont expect to find any spice shrubs, though if someone has gotten some from the city it would be nice to know my efforts have been in vein. my own fault really but it took 2 days of hoeing before i thought to check the configs.

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
was wondering if it was intentional that spice seeds are "unhoeable" as its a dust planet i dont expect to find any spice shrubs, though if someone has gotten some from the city it would be nice to know my efforts have been in vein. my own fault really but it took 2 days of hoeing before i thought to check the configs.
Bone meal on the grass to get the spice leaves.

Reactions: cannajan

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Hmmm.. you mean like garlic or something along those lines? That would cut off alot of paths for food. If you're talking about the pamharvestcraft.conf and the *dropfromgrass lines? I don't think he's turned off any seeds. I don't know really. I got seeds for what I needed via normal methods and I'm positive I got some raspberry seeds which show as false in that file. In 1.1.1 I was looking for lettuce seeds and I went through like so many trips to my grass spot to get seeds and I had 2 double chests full of seeds but no lettuce till I posted here. Someone told me to use the watering can but now I think that's gone in 1.1.2 so... yeah.

So, Just post what you can't find, then magically it'll appear in your next hoeing. Works 100% of the time.

Spyder1369

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, wish I had known that yesterday oh well stacks of supreme pizzas here i come

EDIT: doomsquirter i ment "Spice seeds" every other seed is on, in the configs except that one, which if it is bonemealable ill just try that

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, there is some circumstantial evidence something is a bit screwy with the temp. I'm hearing some anecdotal evidence of odd too hot/too cold/not cycling correctly. I haven't seen any hard proof, and it isn't happening enough that I'm really concerned.

That said, I do like the freezing cold at night, burning hot during the day. That is fully, fully intended.

Mokradin

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, wish I had known that yesterday oh well stacks of supreme pizzas here i come

EDIT: doomsquirter i ment "Spice seeds" every other seed is on, in the configs except that one, which if it is bonemealable ill just try that
Yes, it is.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

that's where I don't understand. if you're talking spice leaf, yeah, that's set to false, but so are quite a few others that I know you can get unless we're talking about a different config file. I'm not in CL now but I'm looking at my config dir.

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
that's where I don't understand. if you're talking spice leaf, yeah, that's set to false, but so are quite a few others that I know you can get unless we're talking about a different config file. I'm not in CL now but I'm looking at my config dir.

I am a little confused by this conversation. That being said, I have spice leaf plants growing in my 1.1.2 CL garden. They are the Pam's Harvest craft veggie, and I got them as a drop from a bush that grew by bonemealing grass, not by mattoking the grass. The seeds you get from those two activities are different. Most "shrub" like plants you get from bonemealing grass, while most underground plants you get from mattoking grass.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
How do we fix our skins? I still can't get mine to show up.
in dw20 vid, pahimar had no skin, then suddenly he did no explanation. I'd like to know this as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1408498120][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am a little confused by this conversation. That being said, I have spice leaf plants growing in my 1.1.2 CL garden. They are the Pam's Harvest craft veggie, and I got them as a drop from a bush that grew by bonemealing grass, not by mattoking the grass. The seeds you get from those two activities are different. Most "shrub" like plants you get from bonemealing grass, while most underground plants you get from mattoking grass.
and I think that's the way it's supposed to be. That *dropfromgrass line that appears over and over again for all the seeds in the pamharvestcraft.conf file just dictates what drops from sickling grass after bonemeal, etc. not hoe. I think all those false lines can be hoed. or vice versa. one way or another, I don't think iskandar has removed any seeds from dropping whatsoever except for the vanilla crops but you can get wheat through hoeing. no potatoes or carrots since there's no seeds. you can get potatoes from mob drops still (I got one). dunno about carrots.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, tonight's death was especially sad/silly/painful. I was in the basement, changing out the floor with some fancy-ish cobble I'd chiseled when I broke the dust block under my sync shell. Poof! Bits of me-clone all over the place. Now, I don't normally run to the cheat mode every time something goes wrong, but I don't think it's fair that the box was destroyed by my removing the block under it, so I cheated one in (I know, I know, sorry) and then watched it start building a new me.

Then the sun came up and I went outside to collect my goodness.

Something hit me from down in the trench and before I knew it I was on fire and I didn't bother running for cover as I figured I'd just sync...

Alas, my shell hadn't finished yet!

That was the furthest I'd made it in the game so far. I have to admit it really stung.

Waiting a few before I start over...

On to world #7!

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
maybe landstryder has some insite...

My skin magically disappeared for a few days. I tried re-uploading it to the skin server, changing it, and changing it back.
I think 2 days later it came back as magically as it had gone, and it only effected this mod pack, wish I had a good explanation.

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
urgh that moment when you realise that you could have made a system a whole lot less complicated... http://i.imgur.com/aJGyCNe.png basically what is going on in this rats nest of a system is that it it takes gravel ore and makes it into gravel ore blocks hammers it, then makes it sand ore/blocks and hammers it into dust which is smelted into a induction smelter. I used this system on my AS play through as eventually you can have a system that enchants the hammers to have fortune to which you can get more resources.
I recently installed Ender Io with the help of the config files that were posted a couple of pages back, really neat mod. Atm with this system I'm is using a sag mill to make sand to which is fed into the induction, it was only after I realised that sag mills can grind up gravel into the sand ore variety, and sand ore into the dust ore... So basically now I have 4 extra Autonmous activators and a rats nest to clean up.
Also I know sand ore can be pulverized its just at full steam they can bottle neck the whole system/item duct stuffing. Which I guess I would have the same bottle necking issue with the mills but 3 or 4 should be fine and a lot less lag producing then the current system.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
My skin magically disappeared for a few days. I tried re-uploading it to the skin server, changing it, and changing it back.
I think 2 days later it came back as magically as it had gone, and it only effected this mod pack, wish I had a good explanation.
skins are an exploit. has to be.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using a server?