[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
And don't forget that buried means you can dig tunnels so you only have to worry about what's in front of you. I find clearing dungeons in a voxel building game to be way too easy if the AI doesn't know how to dig. But then on the other side, it could be 7 Days to Die where zombies punch through meters of solid some to get to the player that they somehow detect through meters of solid stone.
or invaders. Those guys are brutal. It's not deadly world mod, I thought it was called invaders. it's in BNB. they will just mine mine mine to you and they come in a horde of like 10-20 at your base on a regular basis. They would make mincemeat of all our fortifications in first pass. They are fun, but that mod is so buggy. I get ticking entities on a regular basis from them which totally ruins it. And even with all of that, it's easy to setup a sky base with a pit of sewage underneath to trap/kill them each time they show up. they will get on each other's backs to pillar up to you which is a laugh riot to watch. and horrifying when they succeed and start picking at the bottom of your base.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Adding Railcraft or an equivalent could be a pretty cool alternative means of transport. Provided balance can be maintained. :)

that or steves carts would be cool but theres no way for me to use them for building because of rotational problems with the mods we are using and theres now way to make the tracks connect to the diff cities

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Call me crazy, but i think a buried pigman tower would be a lot easier to work with than the current ones. So I'm all for that. (hate twitchy play in MC)

rest of that all sounds good too.
What if that was the one you had to go into to get the smelter/high oven parts? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1408474868][/DOUBLEPOST]
And don't forget that buried means you can dig tunnels so you only have to worry about what's in front of you. I find clearing dungeons in a voxel building game to be way too easy if the AI doesn't know how to dig. But then on the other side, it could be 7 Days to Die where zombies punch through meters of solid some to get to the player that they somehow detect through meters of solid stone.
are we forgetting the tunnels if dug would just drop more dust down and leadt to the surface? that would just drop more mobs on ur head?[DOUBLEPOST=1408474970][/DOUBLEPOST]
How hard would it be to connect those cities by rails? That way we can hop in a cart and go wheeeee to next city? Or at least a good portion of it already setup or something with holes here and there.
why you can set waypoints and just TP to the different zones?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
that or steves carts would be cool but theres no way for me to use them for building because of rotational problems with the mods we are using and theres now way to make the tracks connect to the diff cities
I think that's the point. Steve's cart has a track layer which would facilitate us making our own connections between the cities ourselves. Just put it in place and choose the direction and voila, instant track until it runs out. rinse repeat. That way you wouldn't have to worry about connecting them yourself. I don't know how @tetshio is doing it but if by hand, yeah, that could be a pain running 1k meters of track by hand, run home at night rinse repeat. Plus, then we could also setup interesting death traps outside base with carts and arrow shooters.[DOUBLEPOST=1408475201][/DOUBLEPOST]
why you can set waypoints and just TP to the different zones?
he's removing that ability next version.

Another alternative would be the warp book that they had in AGskies but then why not keep the TP in zans? *shrug* one way or another, we need transportation abilities beyond what the scope of this pack was at the beginning. We have feet now. We need sneakers, not wood shoes.

Jet packs are cool and all, but until you get resonant, you don't have range. And the major downfall of jetpacks is they have to go in chest slot which means no camel pack, thus I avoid them completely. Thus.... see above. jet boots anyone?

Reactions: cannajan

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
*shrug* one way or another, we need transportation abilities beyond what the scope of this pack was at the beginning. We have feet now. We need sneakers, not wood shoes.

Jet packs are cool and all, but until you get resonant, you don't have range. And the major downfall of jetpacks is they have to go in chest slot which means no camel pack, thus I avoid them completely. Thus.... see above. jet boots anyone?

I wonder what the implications of steve's carts would be. The farming/harvesting abilities aren't an issue because we already have MFR (which is as good or close enough to not matter)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Why does every creative world I build to test something wind up having massive holes in it?

2014-08-19_12.07.57.png

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
I think that's the point. Steve's cart has a track layer which would facilitate us making our own connections between the cities ourselves. Just put it in place and choose the direction and voila, instant track until it runs out. rinse repeat. That way you wouldn't have to worry about connecting them yourself. I don't know how @tetshio is doing it but if by hand, yeah, that could be a pain running 1k meters of track by hand, run home at night rinse repeat. Plus, then we could also setup interesting death traps outside base with carts and arrow shooters.[DOUBLEPOST=1408475201][/DOUBLEPOST]
he's removing that ability next version.

Another alternative would be the warp book that they had in AGskies but then why not keep the TP in zans? *shrug* one way or another, we need transportation abilities beyond what the scope of this pack was at the beginning. We have feet now. We need sneakers, not wood shoes.

when did he say that?[DOUBLEPOST=1408475971][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why does every creative world I build to test something wind up having massive holes in it?

View attachment 12564
it is a hardcore map so it shouldn't be able to get into creative?

Edit: I mean you can go into creative once the world spawns but you can't start creative world?

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
when did he say that?[DOUBLEPOST=1408475971][/DOUBLEPOST]
it is a hardcore map so it shouldn't be able to get into creative?

Edit: I mean you can go into creative once the world spawns but you can't start creative world?
in this case I entered creative after I created the world, pardon me I miss spoke. That said if you really wanted too you could disable lockdown though that will not load the map.[DOUBLEPOST=1408476448][/DOUBLEPOST]
LOL looks like you're hiring creepers to excavate for you
Yep, for whatever reason while waiting for something else I decided to find out how big a bang I could make with pyro charged creepers......

Iareawsome

Jul 29, 2019
I am having troubles when I try and download the pack. It seems to download all the info, and then a window pops up saying problem downloading pack. The console message is:

Error while downloading modpack: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
Resuming download from offset 51378610
Resume started sucessfully
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 4B2540ADE42FA3F780F7E0F72844A075
Remote: 19D2E7C6D3E69C5AEBD0AF39DF5C98A1

Error downloading modpack!!!

Elektron124

Jul 29, 2019
you need to "select" the sapping saplings quest in your Quest book then click on the QDS with the book BEFORE you send it water from the transposer. It is important to watch what you input into the qds as it will delete anything it sees as unneeded
maybe I bound it wrongly...?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I just ate lunch and watched the EP1 DW20 + Pahimar let's crash vid. welp, he is playing with pahimar so, the odds of him dying are getting better and better *hehe* but yeah, learned that you can use a +1 PB&J to kill a spider, that was awesome. The fact that they're getting double rewards tho means they have twice the insulation (sort of, not so much water bottles, but bonemeal, etc...). They are thinking that the transposer early on is usable and not making cobble slab furnace. Not using tinkers right from the start (when he made that stone shovel I was NOOOOOOooooooooooooooo). So, I think this is first take. And I'm happy that no deaths occurred tho I loved that one part when pahimar said "There's a ghast out here" and dw was like "yeahhhhhh" then I swear I heard a *gulp* when you hear that meow sound. *rofl*

I think this playthrough ought to be alot of fun to watch and am looking forward to it.

I think my vote in the deathpool is suffocation. I just have a sneaky suspicion.

Reactions: Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
So, I just ate lunch and watched the EP1 DW20 + Pahimar let's crash vid. welp, he is playing with pahimar so, the odds of him dying are getting better and better *hehe* but yeah, learned that you can use a +1 PB&J to kill a spider, that was awesome. The fact that they're getting double rewards tho means they have twice the insulation (sort of, not so much water bottles, but bonemeal, etc...). They are thinking that the transposer early on is usable and not making cobble slab furnace. Not using tinkers right from the start (when he made that stone shovel I was NOOOOOOooooooooooooooo). So, I think this is first take. And I'm happy that no deaths occurred tho I loved that one part when pahimar said "There's a ghast out here" and dw was like "yeahhhhhh" then I swear I heard a *gulp* when you hear that meow sound. *rofl*

I think this playthrough ought to be alot of fun to watch and am looking forward to it.

I think my vote in the deathpool is suffocation. I just have a sneaky suspicion.
They managed to get PB+J sandwiches already? That's not too bad.

I live off that stuff so far; it revolutionized meals for me.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
They managed to get PB+J sandwiches already? That's not too bad.

I live off that stuff so far; it revolutionized meals for me.
easy route. 2 pbjs to start with. in 1.1.1 I was so bummed that I had all these grapes but couldn't make a sandwich out of till I realized that they were just called PB&J's not peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches. *rofl* watch the vid. from playing CL so much, and knowing how hard this version is, it's very surreal watching them play it. And they've gone 2 nights w/o dieing which is quite good even tho they just go in ship and seal it off. they have changed mob griefing like we all have changed so far, so yeah. legit. I really liked it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
easy route. 2 pbjs to start with. in 1.1.1 I was so bummed that I had all these grapes but couldn't make a sandwich out of till I realized that they were just called PB&J's not peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches. *rofl* watch the vid. from playing CL so much, and knowing how hard this version is, it's very surreal watching them play it. And they've gone 2 nights w/o dieing which is quite good even tho they just go in ship and seal it off. they have changed mob griefing like we all have changed so far, so yeah. legit. I really liked it.
Not ALL of us have turned off mob griefing......