[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
First problem is the very terrible TPS lag as soon as mobs start spawning at night. Second problem is the whole thing about needing to explore a city to get smelter and reactor parts, I explored the nearby city in creative mode and found 0 smelter blocks while I also found ridiculous amounts of other over powered stuff like aqueous accumulators in chests and tons of pressure chamber blocks and assembly line parts.
Ok are you playing the offical vers because iv just went through the configs and theres not suposed to be any aqueous accumulators also when i flew through two cities the TCon and Penumaticraft factorys seem pretty balanced some buildings still may need some tweaking but nothing major.

nusscreme

Jul 29, 2019
I'd wager it won't be all that long till the update is released. Why not play with the old map, learn the modpacks unique functions and get a good start when the update is released.

The cauldron is extremley OP as it allows unlimited clean water. you should be trying to quickly go from using saplings to using leaf blocks. I suggest you push for a slab furnace and shears. You also should know that sapling/leaf blocks can be composted into dirt. that dirt can be converted to drinking water allowing a sapling/water ratio of 8 to 1 rather than 10 to one

Thanks for the answer, i just played a while and noticed the thing with the dirt. Thanks for telling me why he put the cauldron out.

foshka

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a problem with others, but I am very frustrated that mobs never despawn completely in 1.1.2. Creepers and armored zombies just move around outside all day long.

Xamie

Jul 29, 2019
I know due to changes from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 you can't carry your map over but what about beta 1.1.2 maps?

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is a problem with others, but I am very frustrated that mobs never despawn completely in 1.1.2. Creepers and armored zombies just move around outside all day long.

Running away is actually a rather efficient method to deal with this issue. :)

As soon as the sun comes up, jump over the wall and run 100-120 meters into one direction and then back to your base. Most of the mobs will have despawned and it only takes a minute or two. (Still plenty of time to collect the bones and Rotten Flesh.)

As soon as you get more established, you can build a mob trap with Punji Sticks or something similar to keep their numbers down.

Michael280

Jul 29, 2019
Running away is actually a rather efficient method to deal with this issue. :)

As soon as the sun comes up, jump over the wall and run 100-120 meters into one direction and then back to your base. Most of the mobs will have despawned and it only takes a minute or two. (Still plenty of time to collect the bones and Rotten Flesh.)

As soon as you get more established, you can build a mob trap with Punji Sticks or something similar to keep their numbers down.

Punji sticks set of creeper explosions, and that makes a mess of any trap.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Want them to despawn? Make a hang glider and go out at least 100 blocks away. Then come back to pick up the loots. I always do that when there's around 20 creepers left, I hate those armored ones, can't kill them quickly before they go boom.

First exploration to the ruins, came back with loots!!!

Scared of heights?
hDwqBEy.png

After jump gliding with the road as my guide
isCnTUl.png

That building! Should have a smeltry
Xu6nkCi.png

Mine now, didn't get to screenshot it as there were 2 spawners inside that building. Took care of business before taking photos
Ubko9w6.png

In the same building but this caught my eye
JBRA8JM.png

Took everything I could and rushed back to base. Made it in time before mobs spawned in.
c9KHdSa.jpg

Yw5uffV.png

Basically a good scavenge run.
gM4TzVZ.png

Reactions: cannajan

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
Punji sticks set of creeper explosions, and that makes a mess of any trap.

Yikes, so its not only lava/pyrothium?

What other types of mob traps are possible then? Maybe a good old pressure plate/sticky piston and suffocate them? Or do we really have to wait for the MFR grinders?

Want them to despawn? Make a hang glider and go out at least 100 blocks away. Then come back to pick up the loots. I always do that when there's around 20 creepers left, I hate those armored ones, can't kill them quickly before they go boom.

First exploration to the ruins, came back with loots!!!

Are you going to make a 1.1.2 LP? Your first one was really great.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, so is everyone going to their first city armed with a dagger and possibly one round or two of ammo for gun with nothing but wood armor (3 pieces)? Cause that's the issue I think I have the most about. Making parts for a weapon mostly and having to extend the time it takes to make ingots for even iron armor forgetting completely about invar. I have never used the crucible to cook up stuff so I guess I might have to try that...

Also, what do the splitting creepers do? I was way too scared to see.

Any way we can get the mini creepers swapped out for the AM2 ones (I think?). c'mon, a happy creeper and it has fireworks! fireworks! to keep you entertained while you sift! *sigh* this thread is populated with self flaggelating masochists.... :)

Reactions: pc_assassin

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, so is everyone going to their first city armed with a dagger and possibly one round or two of ammo for gun with nothing but wood armor (3 pieces)? Cause that's the issue I think I have the most about. Making parts for a weapon mostly and having to extend the time it takes to make ingots for even iron armor forgetting completely about invar. I have never used the crucible to cook up stuff so I guess I might have to try that...

I'm armed with a mattock and a needle gun. Does camel pack count as armor? *double checks if there's any armor on top of the health indicators* Oh, I guess not. So no, I went in naked. But you can just block them off once you're inside the building, destroy the spawners in the floor so you don't get swamped in.

You can just put the faucet on the crucible then the casting table with cast and you're good to go.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So I finally got around to playing with the 1.1.2 version, and I'm sad to say that I really dislike it. First problem is the very terrible TPS lag as soon as mobs start spawning at night. Second problem is the whole thing about needing to explore a city to get smelter and reactor parts, I explored the nearby city in creative mode and found 0 smelter blocks while I also found ridiculous amounts of other over powered stuff like aqueous accumulators in chests and tons of pressure chamber blocks and assembly line parts.

So my reaction after suffering the 1.1.2 version for about 3 hours is that I'm not going to update for my YouTube series. I will of course keep trying out new versions of the pack and hope that balance is restored and performance is fixed.
There should NOT be aqueous accumulators in chests. If there is, something has gone SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY wrong that I need to know about NOW. If you have proof of this, please send it to me IMMEDIATELY. Also, I have confirmed on the new map that there at least 2 TiCo factories with enough bricks to make at least a 2 high smeltery and at least a 6 high High Oven. As for lag, that was fixed in the release version.If you are still playing one of the betas, please update to the live version.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
@tetshio Yeah, i made it so that if you hate the Pneumaticcraft grind you can go exploring and skip most of it. You still need to make the controller for the assembly line, and the programs, but even there you can find enough unassembled PCBs to never have to do those by hand. You guys complained, I listened. This is the compromise.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
If you used a clay bucket to move it, I believe it converts it to lava. I moved mine with a metal bucket and it's still pyrotheum (too many near-deaths for it to be lava :p ).

Oh my i totally missed that! Thanks for pointing it out. Darn, going to have to start that one over. I had iron ingots, was just trying to save them for other things at that point. :-(

dcon26

Jul 29, 2019
For some reason it v1.1.2 isn't showing up in my third party section. Any suggestion on what to do to make it show up?