[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I agree and do all of this as well. Though I've never had a creeper sneak up on me yet. I'm thinking about not using beds in 1.1.2 as well. I had it far too easy skipping the nights away in 1.1.1.
I have yet to make a bed in this pack, the nights are far to useful. I kind of like the idea of sleeping through the day, though you'd likley have to either wall up a compound or bunker up.

Oh and once special mobs is a part of the published pack I'll likley have to change a few strategies. My current systems are not designed for jumping/throwing mobs nor splitting creepers.

887koi

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.7 removed vanilla seeds and new version probably will remove carrots and potatoes. How can we breed animals and use breeder after those changes?
not sure but im currently playing 1.1.1 and was able to get wheat seed from tilling grass with my mattock, so the only problem with breeding for me is gonna be for the pigs as they need carrots. Unless in 1.1.2+ versions wheat seeds will also be removed, then ill go what shin sekai said

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to make a bed in this pack, the nights are far to useful. I kind of like the idea of sleeping through the day, though you'd likley have to either wall up a compound or bunker up.

Oh and once special mobs is a part of the published pack I'll likley have to change a few strategies. My current systems are not designed for jumping/throwing mobs nor splitting creepers.
Hmm, yeah in testing the 1.1.2 beta, I noticed that both special mobs and mob properties cause my tps to drop from 100% to <20% in the overworld when a lot of mobs spot me at night. I'm probably going to have to disable those, which pains me because I want the added challenge of those mods. I can normally run this pack on full settings, but those two mods wreck my tps.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, yeah in testing the 1.1.2 beta, I noticed that both special mobs and mob properties cause my tps to drop from 100% to <20% in the overworld when a lot of mobs spot me at night. I'm probably going to have to disable those, which pains me because I want the added challenge of those mods. I can normally run this pack on full settings, but those two mods wreck my tps.
That really dissapoints me. I'm on a marginal system and would like to play the pack as published by the author. I'll have to see how it goes when the update gets released.

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Starting over on 1.1.2 for anyone that hasn't been following my series.

I've got a pretty creative start which includes cobble gen in the first 2 minutes...

I like it, but personally I prefer to keep the pyrotheum in place until I get an Iron bucket since pyrotheum melts materials in the crucible a whopping 350% faster than lava and 200% faster than netherack fire. I always spend the entire first day punching dust. Sieve all night long which gets you enough iron dust, stones and bonemeal to make a furnace, 2 sets of shears and bonemeal 10 trees. This will get you enough leaves to compost at least 32 blocks of dirt on your second night which will net you enough water to last 7 Minecraft days :p

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
If you have water flow on top the pyro, it will only make 1 stone block. Add terrain smasher for cobble gen.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
I don't dislike pneumatic craft because I think it is hard. I dislike it because it is super grindy and buggy. Minecraft has crashed numerous times while playing with pneumatic craft and once I couldn't save the world and had to start over. Drones (the part I was looking forward to) are useless because they don't come off the charging station after they are charged and I have to babysit them. Making 99% of tech use PC turns this pack into an exercise in grinding, which isn't hard, it is annoying.

I would much rather see something like the machinists workbench use a PCX-100 and have to make machine frames in the machinists workbench. This would still put tech behind pneumatic craft without making it a grinding exercise.

Honestly the only time I thought this pack was hard was before I figured out how to use the camel pack. I was trying to put the cold water in it so ya.... If food is an issue after you get a rice seed on the 4th quest you need to look at toast and rice soup.

Really "I hate you and want you to die." must translate to "I hate you and want you to spend countless hours dealing with a grindy, buggy mod to use all of the cool tech."

Reactions: Genshou

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I don't dislike pneumatic craft because I think it is hard. I dislike it because it is super grindy and buggy. Minecraft has crashed numerous times while playing with pneumatic craft and once I couldn't save the world and had to start over. Drones (the part I was looking forward to) are useless because they don't come off the charging station after they are charged and I have to babysit them. Making 99% of tech use PC turns this pack into an exercise in grinding, which isn't hard, it is annoying.

I would much rather see something like the machinists workbench use a PCX-100 and have to make machine frames in the machinists workbench. This would still put tech behind pneumatic craft without making it a grinding exercise.

Honestly the only time I thought this pack was hard was before I figured out how to use the camel pack. I was trying to put the cold water in it so ya.... If food is an issue after you get a rice seed on the 4th quest you need to look at toast and rice soup.

Really "I hate you and want you to die." must translate to "I hate you and want you to spend countless hours dealing with a grindy, buggy mod to use all of the cool tech."
Eh you get the first few PCBs crafted by hand, you can build an assembly line. 4 speed upgrades and you can make PCBs in seconds. Plus, you can now loot unassembled PCBs fron cities if you'd rather go that route

amonangel

Jul 29, 2019
I must say, I became extremely bored with minecraft and stopped playing for quite a while. Then after watching a streamer play crash landing I decided to give it a chance. Totally became addicted. After 7 failed attempts, I finally almost completed the quest book on my 8th world...Until it crashed. Now I can't load the world at all. It gets to the loading terrain message then changes to server shutting down. Everything was fine until I built the assembly line. Should I just remove the pneumatic mod pack and see if that fixes it or is there something else that can be done.

UberZogster

Jul 29, 2019
Eh you get the first few PCBs crafted by hand, you can build an assembly line. 4 speed upgrades and you can make PCBs in seconds. Plus, you can now loot unassembled PCBs fron cities if you'd rather go that route
PCBs are not the grindy part, getting the three stacks of plastic for a stack of PCBs is. Two pressure chambers and a couple of pneumatic servos and you don't have to bother with the pressure chamber either. Just dump the raw materials in an input chest and finished product comes out in an export chest.

I get hung up on pneumatic craft because I forget that certain plastic crashes the game when making MFR plastic sheets and that adding upgrades while a machine is running crashes the game. Rotating a pneumatic craft machine makes it forget any settings, such as redstone control on a air compressor or kinetic pump. The biggest annoyance is Drones not leaving charging stations when full of air. I was planning on using them for farms and dust collection but they are useless since they are slower than doing it manually and you have to babysit them. Being able to use the major toy (drones) of PC would make up for it being grindy and a bottleneck for everything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1407552676][/DOUBLEPOST]
no, you get both
It is actually pretty fun playing with both...

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Which plastic crashes the game? I was unaware of that, and it might be something I can fix if you can paste in me a crash log.

Mr_UnderScore

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, So I installed this pack and then when I tried to create a new world I got (after I added the 3 disabled mods, The same thing happened when I didn't have the mods installed):
[2014-08-08 23:12:41 [SEVERE] [Minecraft-Server] This crash report has been saved to: C:\Users\Christopher\Desktop\FTB\CrashLanding\minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2014-08-08_23.12.41-server.txt
2014-08-08 23:12:41 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Stopping server
2014-08-08 23:12:41 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving players
2014-08-08 23:12:41 [INFO] [Minecraft-Server] Saving worlds
2014-08-08 23:12:41 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] The state engine was in incorrect state SERVER_ABOUT_TO_START and forced into state SERVER_STOPPED. Errors may have been discarded.]
----------------------------------------------------------
When I checked the crash report, this is what I see that 'caused it' :
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider
-----------------------------------------------------------
I was really hoping to play this pack. :(
Any ideas?