[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Never apologize for that, good things take time and no doubt 1.1.2 will be worth the wait. :p

Are dunes still a go for this update or are you concentrating on getting the cities right?
Dunes are in and working. Mostly. Even randomized. @Shane2482 has done amazing work and deserves a lot of credit for making this update possible.

Reactions: drazath and Anesos

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or are extra utilities drums that have normal water in them are colored black instead of blue? It's definitely not witch water either.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I think I like that InGameInfo config! I've been wanting to put that mod in for tracking camel pack durability.

Every time I get 20-30 minutes to sit and play this, I feel like I learn something simple and useful I should have been doing all along. Today it was putting the autonomous activator above my crucible, filled with cobblestone. Now I just grab all the obsidian I can every time I pass by my ship. Plenty of furnace fuel for making those stone bricks, too!

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Read the spoiler if you want an even better way to do it.

The crucible can be loaded using itemducts (2 tin and 1 lead for 6) taking out of a chest. Use a lever to activate it. This frees up your AA to do autosifting.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I think I like that InGameInfo config! I've been wanting to put that mod in for tracking camel pack durability.

Every time I get 20-30 minutes to sit and play this, I feel like I learn something simple and useful I should have been doing all along. Today it was putting the autonomous activator above my crucible, filled with cobblestone. Now I just grab all the obsidian I can every time I pass by my ship. Plenty of furnace fuel for making those stone bricks, too!

I just connect a transfer item node cobble generator to both a crucible and a barrel. It keeps 64 stacks of cobble and 8 buckets of lava ready for me every time I pass by. I of course could pipe the lava somewhere to increase storage, but have yet to find the need.

Last edited:

007Smiffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have just started playing this map and I am really enjoying it. My only problem is that I keep getting this heat stroke de-buff and cant work out how to clear it. (Probably a beginners error!)

Please can someone explain to me how to clear this once gained.

Thanks

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm aware. Log out, log back in. It is why it is mentioned in the first post. It used to be mentioned on a sign o the easy map. Now the easy map is the easy quest...I'm going to have to alter that description.

Anyway, sorry guys, 1.1.2 is taking far, far, longer than I wanted. It is very, VERY slow process. However, if you follow my twitter (points at sig) you will see sneak peeks as I work. I am at 50% or 60% done now.
I did some testing and if you have a nether portal and you go to the nether then come back Enviromine info comes back. But if you would rather log off then go for it.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have just started playing this map and I am really enjoying it. My only problem is that I keep getting this heat stroke de-buff and cant work out how to clear it. (Probably a beginners error!)

Thanks
If you follow the quests in the HQM book you'll be walked through the new features of this pack. Drinking water is the primary way to prevent heatstroke. the first quest will give you a camel pack you can fill with up to 4 water bottles. The early game is all about building processes to keep that pack filled.

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019

Thanks
Do the quests to get a camel pack and water bottles. then put the water in the camel pack. don't drink the cold water bottles

xero56

Jul 29, 2019
What would happen if I removed one of the major mods because it annoys the bloody crap out of me?

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I just connect a transfer item node cobble generator to both a crucible and a barrel. It keeps 64 stacks of cobble and 8 buckets of lava ready for me every time I pass by. I of course could pipe the lava somewhere to increase storage, but have yet to find the need.
Thanks for the tips on the crucible (same to others on previous posts)! I was just wanting a quick-and-dirty way to get more lava for mass-smelting of cobblestone, but I should set up a proper automation later on. I wasn't using the autonomous activator for anything since I utterly refuse to have a 'something for nothing' sifting operation running off a cobblegen. I'll probably find a permanent home for it eventually... busy with work, settling into a new home, and keeping my minions in check. By the time I load my game to get in a day or so of gameplay, I've usually forgotten what I'm working on!

JBloodthorn

Jul 29, 2019
I posted this over on reddit, but you fine folks inspired me in the first place so I'm posting it here as well. For whatever reason, I've never gotten into SFM. So I found a way to make the camel pack less annoying without using SFM. This method also only requires a single PCB, which I got as a reward from one of the quests. Automating that whole process will have to come next.

I have a mid-game tip for automating the camel pack.

Included in this modpack is Bibliocraft, which has an armour stand. Using item ducts hooked up to one, you can pull items out and put them in.
  1. Install a pneumatic servo set to whitelist an empty camel pack on the pipe pulling things out.
  2. Run that pipe to a cyclic assembler.
  3. In that assembler, put a schematic for crafting an empty camel pack with 4 water bottles.
  4. Hook water up to the assembler. This will negate the need to supply it with water bottles; it will simply use 4 bottles worth of water instead.
  5. Run an item duct back to the armour stand, with a servo set to whitelist full camel packs.
  6. Craft a second camel pack if you don't have one.
When you start to sweat, head back to the armour stand and shift + right click the chest area with an open hand. That will swap your empty camel pack for whatever is on the stand (or simply place it there if the stand is empty). The item duct pulling out empty camel packs will trigger, and send your empty to the assembler. The assembler will fill it, and it will get sent back to the stand. Next time you shift + right click the stand with your open hand, it will swap your chest armour for the full camel pack.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
What would happen if I removed one of the major mods because it annoys the bloody crap out of me?
Depends on which one. You would probably break quests. If you try to remove MFR, Pnuematiccraft, or TE3 the pack may not run at all. In fact, removing any mod that I have used Minetweaking on would probablt break the pack to where either it would not load or the Minetweaker scripts would not load. Which could leave you with no way to progress and would almost certainly leave you no way to get water because 99% of that is Minetweaking.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I have a question. How did you get the world to generate only dust?
It's a flat map. The trick is, any block you want to use as world gen must have an ID under 256. So, I set dust to 250 and it was then a simple map preset of 2;7,63x250;0;

CakeInABarrel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to transfer energy from the flux capacitor to the energy cell? I searched it up but the only way to charge an energy cell is dynamoes or hat treadmill thing.

I don't even know where to begin these mods because I quit minecraft for a long time.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to transfer energy from the flux capacitor to the energy cell? I searched it up but the only way to charge an energy cell is dynamoes or hat treadmill thing.

I don't even know where to begin these mods because I quit minecraft for a long time.
You should be able to fill the cell with any energy producing block next to it. You just have to remember to set the cell to receive energy to that side.