[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
If anyone is curious and wants to try out the new mob settings, enable Special AI and Special mobs in CL1.1.1, grab the latest Mob Properties and drop that into the mod folder and then drop these into the config folder.

I'm hard at work rebuilding the map and tweaking the random terrain. Lone buildings are a go, random dunes mostly look good, and I now have the roads and walls of my city looking about right. Update on target for Wednesday/Thursday upload, and getting to you guys a day later.

Reactions: tetshio

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good wiki for SFM? There's more blocks in the mod then what are shown on the official site.

Last edited:

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar Tried the 1.1.2dev2 in creative, structures are well placed, not too compact and visually good looking, the city is an impressive WOW when you discover it first time.The road is a nice addition to try and find it.
Could I suggest adding marble in the ruins design or in the city, it is a white block sunbathed for millennia that could fit the theme and add a touch of ancient but civilized people.

Building with marble foten often feels like some genious were behind, maybe i'll grab that marble to rebuild my house and feel genious too ?:cool:

I'll test special mob config on an already advanced map to see how griefing works, if the endermen just teleport and destroy everything we'll have to live like cavemen with a max 2 high ceiling :confused:

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
If anyone is curious and wants to try out the new mob settings, enable Special AI and Special mobs in CL1.1.1, grab the latest Mob Properties and drop that into the mod folder and then drop these into the config folder.

I'm hard at work rebuilding the map and tweaking the random terrain. Lone buildings are a go, random dunes mostly look good, and I now have the roads and walls of my city looking about right. Update on target for Wednesday/Thursday upload, and getting to you guys a day later.

Baby creepers can grief destroy stuff but the normal ones cannot. Not a sight of special creepers. If you made a 2 or 3 high wall type starting base, you'd find yourself bombarded by zombies throwing other zombies/archers into the base apart from mobs riding spiders and then get into the base. ZA was enabled.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Baby creepers can grief destroy stuff but the normal ones cannot. Not a sight of special creepers. If you made a 2 or 3 high wall type starting base, you'd find yourself bombarded by zombies throwing other zombies/archers into the base apart from mobs riding spiders and then get into the base. ZA was enabled.

That's why I've been using version 2.6 for special mobs, you can turn off all creeper damage, been playing with all the creepers except the ender one.
I found the default chance of a thrower too high. Also throwers just encourage you to turtle up and take no risks.
Mob griefing should also include skeletons.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
ZA will be removed in 1.1.2. Mob Properties renders it unnecessary.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, looks like I'll be changing a few tactics early on for 1.1.2 but will still show how 1.1.1 is played :D

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
'Doing it wrong' doesn't mean it's impossible, only that it's very, horribly inefficient. It takes six cobblestone (slab furnace, which you will want anyway for purifying dirty water to put into the camel pack) to set up a cobblegen if you use the interaction between pyrotheum and water (or, you could dig a really long trench between the two pre-placed source blocks, this was much easier on the first map with less distance between them, zero cobblestone cost to set up this way). Four more cobblestone and you can get a lava source block via crucible. Eight more cobblestone after that (plus either 12 redstone, or 3 and an ender pearl) and you can build an Extra Utilities item transfer node and get automated cobblestone way faster than you'll ever be able to manually hammer to sand for sifting. I just don't see why anyone would be sifting dust to get stones to craft into cobblestone to hammer into sand to sift for cacti before doing this. By the time you could get a decent cactus farm set up, I'd already have a stone brick tower built with attached mob grinder and auto-cactus farm.

Ever hear the phrase different strokes? For me, my early game is LONNNG cause I like to build up, farm, do the quests till I get an AA, setup dust automation, dig ALOT of dust out to feed it, go build and pretty-fy my base, not die, and build up alot ALOT of resources via that automation. I do setup a manual cobblegen but not really use it that much. Thus, as I said, no need for an automated cobblegen for me at start tho it helps alot that I'm getting stones by the boatload. I've got food and teching it up. Horribly inefficent? No. Not a speed run. So, no. it isn't. Most of this long early game is due to the fact that I hadn't till recently actually gotten very far with Pneumaticraft but now that I've played with it more, not so scared anymore since after you get the laser things, it does speed up processing things quite a bit. If I ever need you to come over and play minecraft for me, I'll pm you. Till then, I'll play it the way I play it as others play it the way they play it.

Reactions: Deathmint

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
I really like this mod pack, and I have had a lot of fun figuring out how to survive on hard mode with the extra difficulty addons. That said, I have a balance suggestion.

If a player gets a silk worm on their first or second tree (maybe a 1/4 chance), they have a fighting chance at getting a bed during the first day. This in turn trivializes managing mobs, allowing for the player to set up extensive defenses and even a mob trap before allowing any mobs to spawn. My suggestion is to alter the bed recipe to push it back slightly in the tech tree (maybe having it require iron for springs?) so that players still fear the night.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Is the only way to get ghast tears by sieving? Is there any ghasts in nether or cause it's void no? Since ghasts fly, I don't know what their spawning conditions are and I saw someone mention a way to get wither skel skulls (he forgot about witch water) but said you could repopulate area to get them to spawn. wondering if same with ghasts...

btw, with the talk about pyrotheum, yeah, I actually saved it this time around (using mdiyo's ship so made it easier to do so). that stuff is funny. I put down a bunch of cobble and buried it down like 2 deep and my crucible was ground level and it made a pattern of all the cobble and turned it into stone which I thought was cool. Sorta sucks that the source block of that gives you 0.7 but the flowing gives you 0.5 in crucible. I have turned my lava gen into a water gen and it works very good hooked up to a harvester->leaves. More water than I know what to do with it.

On a side note about cobble. So, I know iskandar isn't jaded and didn't include (afaik) any octo compressed cobble quests, but at the start, I wanted to save on upgrades on barrels so I setup SFM to compress the cobble for me. I think that it's the fastest method I've seen yet to compress cobble. It was most definately faster than AE and I think faster than cyclics. Not too much lag either, if any.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Is the only way to get ghast tears by sieving? Is there any ghasts in nether or cause it's void no? Since ghasts fly, I don't know what their spawning conditions are and I saw someone mention a way to get wither skel skulls (he forgot about witch water) but said you could repopulate area to get them to spawn. wondering if same with ghasts...

btw, with the talk about pyrotheum, yeah, I actually saved it this time around (using mdiyo's ship so made it easier to do so). that stuff is funny. I put down a bunch of cobble and buried it down like 2 deep and my crucible was ground level and it made a pattern of all the cobble and turned it into stone which I thought was cool. Sorta sucks that the source block of that gives you 0.7 but the flowing gives you 0.5 in crucible. I have turned my lava gen into a water gen and it works very good hooked up to a harvester->leaves. More water than I know what to do with it.

On a side note about cobble. So, I know iskandar isn't jaded and didn't include (afaik) any octo compressed cobble quests, but at the start, I wanted to save on upgrades on barrels so I setup SFM to compress the cobble for me. I think that it's the fastest method I've seen yet to compress cobble. It was most definately faster than AE and I think faster than cyclics. Not too much lag either, if any.
Squid into witch water should spawn ghast.
I suggest a waterfall into a pool of witch water within a large cobble room.[DOUBLEPOST=1406640328][/DOUBLEPOST]
Sence where on the end game topic and he's adding world gen to the pac why not add glactacraft disable the recipes then add the parts to the chest loot end game scavenge enough parts to build a ship.
how stable is GC?..... all I've heard about it is stories of conflicts. I'd support that if it was stable and triggered end game, but don't think this map/pack is about end game travel to the moon.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
With a resonent end jetpack or two a few camel packs in reserve. Travel is no challenge.
And some AE bits, to set up a remote network, or even just a tess and a chest. And setting up an outpost isn't ether.

I do wish zycraft was available. One of his plans was for a laser bases rail system.
Hold on a second I just remembered something.
Edit: I knew I remembered that.
Light rails.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...91268s-light-bridges-and-doors-version-2-0-mc
This could definitely be a good addition to this mod.

So could this one. Whahaha.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...6-1-6-2-1-6-4-forge-jar-advanced-darkness-1-5

hard enough to get to may not just be overland travel. It could include a dungeon crawl to find the ship, or components there of.

Regarding adding more mods..... I'm just not sure every pack needs to be monster.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Also while dangerous you can use that pyrothium to make a early game cobble gen. You just have to half slab up the aria to suppress the fires. And it won't heat you up like lava.

Just flow water over the top of the pyro, it forms smooth stone and the water keeps the fires from coming. The pyro source block will not be destroyed, but you can lose the water source block (you shouldn't unless you do it really wrong)

In fact, it would be an interesting challenge to make a cobble gen without forming a bucket, you'd have to dig a path for the water under the ship - dropping a y level every 7 blocks - and then manipulate the pyro to touch it without getting yourself killed.

James K Doble

Jul 29, 2019
I am confused I completed all the basic quests, and the under pressure quests, basic still reads 90% but there is nothing left to do, and under pressure reads 80% with nothing left to do. so I went and did the life quests that took forever, and they are totally completed. I see Tech revolution but it is locked and there are no other quest to do other then repeatable. am I missing something to unlock tech-rev? thank you for any help given/