[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019
I've been watching a few YouTubers and streamers playing with this pack, and while I haven't played with it myself (planning for this weekend), I do have a mod suggestion for you, assuming that you are taking them Iskandar.

From watching these people, I've noticed that there is a kind of emphasis placed on ranged combat, and I thought that while the MFR Needle Gun and TiCon Bows are all well and good, what about some additional weaponry, that will take a little bit of time and effort to get to? To that end, I recommend the QuiverBow mod by Domochevsky (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...quiverbow-ranged-weaponry-thought-up-by-steve). I'm not all too sure on the modpack policy as I couldn't find one in my quick skimming of the MCF thread and Domo's site (http://wildwestscifi.net/coding/9889).

All in all, this is simply a suggestion, if you decide to include QuiverBow in a future update, great, if not, no harm done. From what I've seen, this is a great pack, can't wait to play it.

Zeeth_Kyrah

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't enabled or disabled any of the mods, as far as I knew all the mods that were in it at launch were the only ones in it lol. What does that mod do?
It makes zombies hunt you down in massive hordes, and gives them buffs here and there. I'm leaving it turned off so I can learn how to get enough water in the first few days to reach midgame.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
This may be a dumb question, but when I see lp-ers play this map they have a ton of mob drops from when they die due to the sun. But when the morning comes I barely have the amount of resources that they have. What would be the cause for this?
Most of the Lp's turn on Zombie awareness. It tends to make zombies move in FAR larger numbers. In this pack it tends to make the early game far easier.

Reactions: Sparklepire

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

It's a nice mod but will it go with the crashed on a deserted planet just trying to survive theme?

But it douse suggest a interesting direction to take the pack.
Going beyond just surviving to thriving. Remaking the entere world. Starting a new civilization.
Is there a terraforming mod anywhere? A way to change the biom, cool the world, and make it livable.
All I know of is IC2's teraformer. And it won't change the biom.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I tend to see this pack as a bit more finite, in short the goal is to stay alive until you can get rescued, or perhaps find another way off planet..... That said it really doesn't matter a bit what my "vision" is. Iskandar is adding quit a bit of exploration based mods, not sure what he intends for an end game.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
It's a nice mod but will it go with the crashed on a deserted planet just trying to survive theme?

Going beyond just surviving to thriving. Remaking the entere world. Starting a new civilization.
Is there a terraforming mod anywhere? A way to change the biom, cool the world, and make it livable.

Yah I have been looking for a mod that does that even if @Iskandar won't add one if a mod does that I would add it myself

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

Geo Terra

Jul 29, 2019

I do agree that it does introduce an interesting direction for the pack, should @Iskandar go for it in the future. Also, what with the interesting changes that the HQM devs have been teasing on their Twitter, such as split quest paths, it could give a more "story-driven" approach, do you try to terraform this world, or do want to escape? To the escaping end, I suppose that GalacticCraft (with increased recipe costs) could be used to "escape" the planet.

As for terraforming mods, I'm not sure if there are any out there that would be able to modify the environment on a large scale, but it could make for an interesting project for a bored developer [assuming it's possible; I don't have the decompiled src code for 1.6.4 on this computer at the moment to check how biomes are implemented (been trying to work on a small mod myself)]. IRL there has been serious talk of how it is possible to terraform Mars, perhaps research into that could give the developer that gives this a shot some ideas.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I do agree that it does introduce an interesting direction for the pack, should @Iskandar go for it in the future. Also, what with the interesting changes that the HQM devs have been teasing on their Twitter, such as split quest paths, it could give a more "story-driven" approach, do you try to terraform this world, or do want to escape? To the escaping end, I suppose that GalacticCraft (with increased recipe costs) could be used to "escape" the planet.

As for terraforming mods, I'm not sure if there are any out there that would be able to modify the environment on a large scale, but it could make for an interesting project for a bored developer [assuming it's possible; I don't have the decompiled src code for 1.6.4 on this computer at the moment to check how biomes are implemented (been trying to work on a small mod myself)]. IRL there has been serious talk of how it is possible to terraform Mars, perhaps research into that could give the developer that gives this a shot some ideas.

It may not be tech based but blood magic has a ritual that when paired with the correct blocks it will change the biome so maybe someone could talk to the mod author about how he manages it then they could create a tech mod that would do something similar

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019

With a proper API Glacticraft could work. So that you could set the stats of differant plants.
Or Mystcraft with heavily modified configs. Jacking up the challenge quite a bit. Forbid creating custom worlds.

It may not be tech based but blood magic has a ritual that when paired with the correct blocks it will change the biome so maybe someone could talk to the mod author about how he manages it then they could create a tech mod that would do something similar

Thumcraft also has a function like that.
One could if they were crazy enough re-skin one of those mods into a tech mod.

I've bin wanting to re-skin thamcraft using a zycraft theame.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Regarding end game, I was thinking it could be as easy as an HQM quest requiring constant power to the QDS activating a RNG giving a small percentage chance of rescue..... if your number comes up roll credits. Far easier to do without adding a bunch of mods. Or it could be to locate an intact craft in the ruins...... but you have to build a complex power supply and deliver a huge burst of energy to the QDS..... then roll credits. OR you must seek out the heart of some automated defense structure, disable the power generators and activate an beacon to summon rescue.

My ideas would steer more towards a specific adventure theme than a mass construction theme without necessarily adding a bunch more mod packs.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Here's your problem. The big reactor mod that's in this pack. It cam produce a super mega amount of power. 1000rf a tic easy with a smaller one. And there is no limit to how big it can get.
IF it's hard enough to reach the intact ship, is building the power supply the real challenge, or simply the switch that triggers the end.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
IF it's hard enough to reach the intact ship, is building the power supply the real challenge, or simply the switch that triggers the end.

With a resonent end jetpack or two a few camel packs in reserve. Travel is no challenge.
And some AE bits, to set up a remote network, or even just a tess and a chest. And setting up an outpost isn't ether.

I do wish zycraft was available. One of his plans was for a laser bases rail system.
Hold on a second I just remembered something.
Edit: I knew I remembered that.
Light rails.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...91268s-light-bridges-and-doors-version-2-0-mc
This could definitely be a good addition to this mod.

So could this one. Whahaha.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...6-1-6-2-1-6-4-forge-jar-advanced-darkness-1-5

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019

Sence where on the end game topic and he's adding world gen to the pac why not add glactacraft disable the recipes then add the parts to the chest loot end game scavenge enough parts to build a ship.

Reactions: NJM1564

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
I was celebrating since I got a machine frame reward with a bazooka. Then shot myself to death along with my base >_< oh well at least I'll do another Starting Guide on the new map that's gonna be out in the next update. Turning on zombie awareness in this starters guide.

Reactions: CaptPanda

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Sence where on the end game topic and he's adding world gen to the pac why not add glactacraft disable the recipes then add the parts to the chest loot end game scavenge enough parts to build a ship.

Problem is Gcraft ships look like stone carts next to the shuttle you crashed in. There is no way it could ever got you to a civalized planet.

Bug? Holding a bucket of Blazing Pyrothum will cause the temperter indacator, the little black bars on the top and bottom of the temp gauge, to disappear.

Also while dangerous you can use that pyrothium to make a early game cobble gen. You just have to half slab up the aria to suppress the fires. And it won't heat you up like lava.
upload_2014-7-29_2-20-7.png

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I feel like a hat should be added. Like a straw hat that can lower your temp when in the sunlight, or a water cap that acts the same as a Camelpack... Just a small idea I had while playing.
You could add to the EnviroMine configs to make any hat have these properties, either from the existing mods or ones you add to the pack. I happen to agree, a shady hat would be nice in EnviroMine.
Hats might be nice.
Any sort of shade mechanic would be nice. Say in the ship make a roof. I don't think they do anything. :/
So would water that starts cool but heats up in the sun. But this should be suggested to Enviromine's author.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...enviromine-a-little-bit-of-realism-1-1-63-new
I dunno what EnviroMine's code does regarding shade, but in the configs for the armours there are separate settings for day, night, and shade. Maybe it at least has an effect on how wearing armour impacts you? Provided the armour is set to impact you differently, that is.
The emphasis was to Start working it, like anything else, with goal to add a third renewable source for water. Yes, once you have harvester/planter feeding crucibles, it's endless water time but that might take time based on your playstyle. To me, the beginning is a rush to get yourself prepped for a very slow midgame and I put off PC for a long time to get infrastructure ready. Also, there is no 'doing it wrong' if it works. Again, I'm trying to setup things that will be usefull for me now and sifting sand, etc... if you have a ton of stones to make cobble is feasible with the reward of the AA in that one quest and an infinite supply of dust. Think outside the box.
'Doing it wrong' doesn't mean it's impossible, only that it's very, horribly inefficient. It takes six cobblestone (slab furnace, which you will want anyway for purifying dirty water to put into the camel pack) to set up a cobblegen if you use the interaction between pyrotheum and water (or, you could dig a really long trench between the two pre-placed source blocks, this was much easier on the first map with less distance between them, zero cobblestone cost to set up this way). Four more cobblestone and you can get a lava source block via crucible. Eight more cobblestone after that (plus either 12 redstone, or 3 and an ender pearl) and you can build an Extra Utilities item transfer node and get automated cobblestone way faster than you'll ever be able to manually hammer to sand for sifting. I just don't see why anyone would be sifting dust to get stones to craft into cobblestone to hammer into sand to sift for cacti before doing this. By the time you could get a decent cactus farm set up, I'd already have a stone brick tower built with attached mob grinder and auto-cactus farm.

(Unrelated tangent: Today I realized I'm really bad at this Ex Nihilo thing... I've been mass-producing smelted stone via charcoal, wtf? Lava-powered furnaces, you derp!)
Biome Wand, with recipe properly tweaked to make it endgame, would allow this. Note that I'm not condoning this as part of the default pack, I think keeping the planet a dustball forever is perfectly appropriate.

EDIT:
Bug? Holding a bucket of Blazing Pyrothum will cause the temperter indacator, the little black bars on the top and bottom of the temp gauge, to disappear.

Also while dangerous you can use that pyrothium to make a early game cobble gen. You just have to half slab up the aria to suppress the fires. And it won't heat you up like lava.
It doesn't disappear, it just goes 'off the scale' in a very not good for you way.

And standing near a pyrotheum source block *does* heat you up, even without the fires. In fact, if I remember what I read in the configs right it's even hotter than a lava source block.

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019

Or you can do this set-up, didn't have a bucket so I just used a clay bucket to put the water on top of the crucible which is on top of the pyrotheum. Chisel wooden blocks don't get burnt up. Makes a great lava source for the smeltry and a cobblestone gen at the same time early on.

WFguXL1.png

Then if you want a faster automated cobblestone gen, can use transfer nodes rather than the AA w/ TiCon tools (not advisable if ZA is enabled) OR terrain smasher.

This is what I came up with a transfer node auto cobble gen.

6miEWAe.png

I'll go plan out the new series / starting guide for 1.1.1. Can't wait to play again.