[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i completely forgot about that i had it set high for testing also you can set the max distance between cities high that will help to. Give me a min im getting ready to send my ruins file for you to look at. sorry about the derp

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
BTW, the cities look wonderful. Maybe a bit small. I'm going to try bumping them up a bit in size and increasing the distance between them and see what happens.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yea i was thinking that as well default is 200 so i wouldn't go over 150 and dont forget to change the size in the RuinedSandstoneStreet.tml file in the streets folder. Ok here they are these are done with the exception of the chest and spawners ight now im using red clay for chest and black clay for spawners. Tomorrow i plan on finishing the small towns and a few random buildings. Well its late and my head hurts from looking at all these codes going to bed now till tomorrow

Attachments

• resources.zip
    65.9 KB · Views: 109

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
3xPaoYD.png

Booyah! That looks very good. Some tweaking required.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
need to fix the roads and maybe the roofs and get rid of the villager spawners
Yeah. Actually, I'm likely to redo the buildings and roads to a great extent to make things more tech-y. But a s a proof of concept it is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Ok, way past my bed time. Thanks for all your help. Tomorrow will begin the great tweaking.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Actually, I'm likely to redo the buildings and roads to a great extent to make things more tech-y. But a s a proof of concept it is a wonderful, wonderful thing.

Ok, way past my bed time. Thanks for all your help. Tomorrow will begin the great tweaking.
no prob let me know what block sets from Chisled you like

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mine re-inabaling the ability to make a creative world. There are a few mods some players might not know that much about and having a test world would be nice.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried more than a dozen times, but I simply keep failing to survive more than two nights. Hard mode with all the optional mods on is absolutely brutal!

On the first day, I grow a tree, build the TiCon suite, get a nice shovel, and then collect as much dust as I can. That night, I sift as much as I can, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get enough stones to build a slab furnace (but never enough for a furnace and a stone hammer).

Second day, if I manage to kill off all the sunlight resistant mobs, I collect a tree's worth of leaves, then try to get as much wood as I can before nightfall. Second night I make barrels, a knife, whatever armour I can, but even if I manage to clean up the place a second time, those two dawn fights use up all my food and hunger, leaving me slow and helpless.

I simply don't know how to improve this problem.
along with what others have suggested remember despawn range. I haven't had to use the tactic with this pack, but it's quit usefull in BnB. In short, if you can establish a safe evacuation route just walk away and let everything despawn. That said that tactic works best with boats and large waterways.......

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried more than a dozen times, but I simply keep failing to survive more than two nights. Hard mode with all the optional mods on is absolutely brutal!

On the first day, I grow a tree, build the TiCon suite, get a nice shovel, and then collect as much dust as I can. That night, I sift as much as I can, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get enough stones to build a slab furnace (but never enough for a furnace and a stone hammer).

Second day, if I manage to kill off all the sunlight resistant mobs, I collect a tree's worth of leaves, then try to get as much wood as I can before nightfall. Second night I make barrels, a knife, whatever armour I can, but even if I manage to clean up the place a second time, those two dawn fights use up all my food and hunger, leaving me slow and helpless.

I simply don't know how to improve this problem.

If it helps the shovel makes for a darn good weopon. And bone meal can be used in place of bones in making tools.

Pip69

Jul 29, 2019
Would you mine re-inabaling the ability to make a creative world. There are a few mods some players might not know that much about and having a test world would be nice.

NEI lets you into creative mode.
You can copy in a vanilla world with the cheats enabled.
I believe it the lockdown mod that limits worlds, just disable it for testing.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
along with what others have suggested remember despawn range. I haven't had to use the tactic with this pack, but it's quit usefull in BnB. In short, if you can establish a safe evacuation route just walk away and let everything despawn. That said that tactic works best with boats and large waterways.......
If you want to make a path to coordinates distant enough to allow despawning of mobs, I suggest digging downward. I've always had underground panic rooms in packs with hordes of rampaging enemies.

My first tree in one attempt was 13 blocks high. o_O I got quite the haul from it, but it actually took the entire first day to crook it all.
zSp0NNY.png

Reactions: Palindrome

NekoAli

Jul 29, 2019
Man, adding in ruined, post-apocalyptic looking ruined cities to explore and scavenge just about makes this a perfect mod for me. Now if only we had a way to get the shuttle airborne again...

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
Man, adding in ruined, post-apocalyptic looking ruined cities to explore and scavenge just about makes this a perfect mod for me. Now if only we had a way to get the shuttle airborne again...

Well, you can build up with dust and then use the Hang Glider to travel faster :D

Kylie

Jul 29, 2019

Disable lockdown mod and you'll have access to that.. you could always re enable it in case you die and lose the map

Edit: didn't see @Pip69 reply :(

Last edited: