[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
OK so I have a choice leadstone thrusters, ME chest, or drained hardened cell. Which is best? And what happend to the terrain smasher? I cant make invar and I cant find the terrain smasher as a reward

work towards clay/grout/tinkers and start expanding a smeltery. easiest way to get invar early game. One thing I always felt odd about the smeltery is that even with the base 3x3 and one row (although I usually start using it at 2 rows with 9 ducts + 3 seared windows, you can only put X # of ores in, but once they're smelted, you can do that like 4+ times w/o overfilling the thing so early game, it's just waiting for the ores to burn and for the fluids to match up. Redstone timers work great (4 smooth + redstone torch + 4 redstone). I end up making some rednet cable to wire it up to the spouts and some itemducts under the casting's to put the output into a chest and you can walk away from it.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Im playing 1.0.7 hard with additions enabled and it is even more interesting! At first i was worried because i played BnB and special mobs + new AI was there devastating, but in CL i feel it is just the way it should be. Mobs do not flood You, but making little mistake like breaking wall or standing on it can end badly. Also didnt see anybody mention it here but when the night comes all those sounds makes You feel like being part of Pitch Black movie (Riddick) which is cool. Currently im setting my manual farm just to overcome SoL, crooking trees + rotten flesh supplies water and the tech tree awaits.

Agreed. I was able to start a new world, make the regular dust wall/pit and the budweiser frogs just flooded the area and chased you around the walls like a cat chasing a string. I got zero spiders the first night probably because the zomb/skel ratio flooded the limit and no new creatures spawned.

Although, change of tactics once you start going. won't spoil it but my current world with those additions added after the fact, the griefing was non stop till I made changes. but, in the end, they couldn't grief anything anymore and the only monsters I saw were jockies but never inside the base. waiting till they learn to catapult over the wall. when one creature throws another, I don't think it's in an arc. it's all LOS, so as long as you don't poke your head out for too long, no throwers. heh

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
I found a pretty easy way to get water. Once you have enough cobble to make a barrel (easy to get if you use a cobblegen node setup), just compost leaves, use the dirt to make the dirty water, then cook it for regular water. 8 leaves versus having to wait on 50 to melt down in the crucible.

Reactions: cannajan

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
After sieveing 30 dirt I got 2 rice seeds in a row...

I just used the grass seeds I got, spread a bit of grass, then used my mattock on the grass block until I got rice seeds, while regrowing the grass with a watering can.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I found a pretty easy way to get water. Once you have enough cobble to make a barrel (easy to get if you use a cobblegen node setup), just compost leaves, use the dirt to make the dirty water, then cook it for regular water. 8 leaves versus having to wait on 50 to melt down in the crucible.
That is intended. You are supposed to get to the point of automating water, usually with a harvester/planter combo. Of course, that takes tech, and that take Pneumaticcraft. It is a deliberate balance point.

With the removal of rain, I will be re-adding wooden barrels and reverting stone barrels to their normal crafting recipe. I will also, then, buff leaves to 100 mB each and nerf saplings slightly to 100 mB each. The idea being the transposer/crucible route is faster but less efficient, while composting->dirt->dirty water->clean water is more efficient but slower and harder to automate.

If I can get a way to add transposer recipes directly, I'd like to remove leaves from the crucible and add them to the transposer. ATM I can't do that, as the method I am using now requires that a)all recipes have an output and b) all recipes be reversible. Making recipes that can not thus be exploitable is somewhat hard, I need the output items something you can get normally or cannot be used elsewhere. (A good example of this failing is oak tree sapling->grass. Grass can be composted, meaning you can double dip the water output a bit)

Edit: Someone mentioned a problem automating pressure regulation in Pneumaticcraft. The simplest way to do this is using a pressure gauge tube and 8 redstone. Simply replace one of the regular pressure tubes in your system with a pressure gauge system, lay down 8 redstone between it and your compressor, and set the compressor to turn off when it receives a redstone signal. Since the gauge gives off a signal equal to twice the pressure it contains, when your system goes above 4 bars of pressure that puts off enough redstone signal to travel through 8 redstone dust and turn off the compressor. When the pressure drops below 4 bars, the compressor will lose the signal and turn back on. Do note, the compressor will not turn off until it completes a burn cycle, it won't just stop in the middle. For coal and charcoal this isn't a problem, as even 1 extra won't be enough to push the pressure into the red zone. Using coal or charcoal blocks, otoh, is dangerous as a full block is more than enough to raise the pressure too much.

Last edited:

Zero5211

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I'm not sure if you saw what I said a few pages back, but the Liquid Transfer Node from Extra Utils is pretty easy to get early on and gives infinite water if the water block it's placed above has two adjacent water blocks, and generates it at 1 bucket per second. It should either be disabled or have its recipe heavily nerfed. I've avoided using it on this new map since I got bored on the previous one with water out of the equation.

Not a Tester

Jul 29, 2019
Just wondering, why are you trying to run this in the vanilla launcher instead of using the FTB launcher? It seems like a lot of extra headache for no reason.
Vanilla has a multi-pack launcher that works fine now.
Why are we(i.e. the Minecraft community) using custom launchers when this is true.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Vanilla has a multi-pack launcher that works fine now.
Why are we(i.e. the Minecraft community) using custom launchers when this is true.
Because FTB is capable of automatically updating packs as necessary, it allows much easier control of Java settings, and you don't have to manually set up each instance?

Personally, I'd recommend MultiMC. Superior in almost every respect to the vanilla launcher and better overall even than FTB.[DOUBLEPOST=1403481155][/DOUBLEPOST]
That link goes to java for Mac OS X v10.6.8 Snow Leopard I have, as it said in the files, version 10.9.3 are you sure this is the correct link?
Using the download(in the .dmg) I get:
Alert
This update requires Mac OS X version 10.6.8.
May not be, I'm not a Mac person, but the point is the same, check to see if an update exists for Java. That error is specific to Java update problems.

shdwDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get air pressure to 10 without blowing stuff up? The air compressors don't like it when you get that high and the other compressor types look to be disabled. It would be nice to fully charge the pneumatic items that can handle more :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Is there a way to get air pressure to 10 without blowing stuff up? The air compressors don't like it when you get that high and the other compressor types look to be disabled. It would be nice to fully charge the pneumatic items that can handle more :)
Yeah, that is one right now. Forget what it is called, but it has a blue lightning bolt on it. It charges by being struck by lightning.

There is two more, disabled. One takes EU to make pressure, but no IC2. The other takes MJ, but we don't have BuildCraft so it is disabled. That said, RF can convert to MJ so I will be adding a recipe for that one in 1.0.8.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
OK rage moment I was about 12 hours into this world then BOOM died to lava. Ok good thing I was playing on the easy map, heading to sync shell. Now i need to get my gravestone hmm how should I do this??? *whack* -pc_assassin tried to swim in lava to escape from skeleton. :mad: ***Your sync chamber didnt finish before you went out, as a result you have died. Have a nice day!!!! :)***