[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Not a Tester

Jul 29, 2019
I want to play this pack on the vanilla launcher.
I have the 1.0.7 FTB pack folder with contents included.
I have a forge(recommended) 1.6.4 profile.
What next?

Zavvias

Jul 29, 2019
Im playing 1.0.7 hard with additions enabled and it is even more interesting! At first i was worried because i played BnB and special mobs + new AI was there devastating, but in CL i feel it is just the way it should be. Mobs do not flood You, but making little mistake like breaking wall or standing on it can end badly. Also didnt see anybody mention it here but when the night comes all those sounds makes You feel like being part of Pitch Black movie (Riddick) which is cool. Currently im setting my manual farm just to overcome SoL, crooking trees + rotten flesh supplies water and the tech tree awaits.
Little spoiler for curious
Kill 50 zombies to unlock new hidden quest

Reactions: cannajan

DrakeAedus

Jul 29, 2019
ok now what I cant find this line the only lines i find related to stack sizes are these
# Multiplier on the stack size of food ('modifyFoodStackSize' must be true)
I:foodStackSizeMultiplier=1

# Changes the stack size of food to be dependant on the food's replenishment value
B:modifyFoodStackSize=true
Code:
B:modifyFoodStackSize=false
That will allow food items to stack to regular sizes, while keeping all the other goodies in the mod pack.

The only reason I pointed it out and feel fine about changing it was because Iskandar said the config was unintended.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
So is there a trick to mass producing squid seeds in a timely matter? Spamming bonemeal doesn't seem to work too well for me.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
So is there a trick to mass producing squid seeds in a timely matter? Spamming bonemeal doesn't seem to work too well for me.
You only two bonemeal, and it does not automatically harvest. You need to bonemeal it twice, then punch it to collect it. Toss down another seed and keep going. It ALWAYS takes 2 bonemeal to grown, never more or less so you can get a guaranteed 32 per stack of bonemeal. With a working mob farm it shouldn't be that hard to get the seeds you need in a reasonable timeframe.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
You only two bonemeal, and it does not automatically harvest. You need to bonemeal it twice, then punch it to collect it. Toss down another seed and keep going. It ALWAYS takes 2 bonemeal to grown, never more or less so you can get a guaranteed 32 per stack of bonemeal. With a working mob farm it shouldn't be that hard to get the seeds you need in a reasonable timeframe.
Yeah I know it only takes 2 bonemeal to mature the plants, but when I punch them, I only get 1 seed back like 90% of the time. It's takes forever to get a profit.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I know it only takes 2 bonemeal to mature the plants, but when I punch them, I only get 1 seed back like 90% of the time. It's takes forever to get a profit.
I thought PC seeds "blew up" and seeds came out and occasionally would replant them selves

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I thought PC seeds "blew up" and seeds came out and occasionally would replant them selves
Yeah they rarely produce another seed whenever they shoot a squid out, but it's still pretty rare and slow. I was just trying to figure out if there is a way to get tons of squid seeds in a short time cause just about every MFR and TE machine requires a printed circuit board and each of those requires 3 squid seed plastic. It's just really grindy to have to wait for a squid seed farm to slowly produce more seeds over X hours of waiting. Plus I think you need a fairly large pool of water for the squid seeds to spread, which isn't too hard, just grindy.

Just wondering if there was something I was missing. Otherwise what I could do is sift tons and tons of dirt and get grass seeds and craft those with ink sacks to get tons of squid seeds.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, it's odd. I tested the other seeds, and in almost all cases you get two seeds per harvest. I didn't check squid seeds. I'll do some testing and see if there is anything I can do.

And PC seeds can spread themselves, depending on seed. Not all do. You do need the proper soil for them to do so.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, I think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was just holding down the right mouse button to spam bonemeal on squid plants to grow them, and that never seemed to give me more than 1 seed back when I broke the plant. But now if I just click twice to apply exactly 2 bonemeal, and then break the plant, now I'm getting 2 seeds per harvest almost every time.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
OK so I have a choice leadstone thrusters, ME chest, or drained hardened cell. Which is best? And what happend to the terrain smasher? I cant make invar and I cant find the terrain smasher as a reward

Parveln

Jul 29, 2019
The quest hunger games tells you to plant rice. But am i really meant to sieve dirt and hope for that 7% seed chance this early in the game?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Yes i did it just wait a couple of nights collect rotten flesh and turn that into dirt, then turn around and sieve that

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
The quest hunger games tells you to plant rice. But am i really meant to sieve dirt and hope for that 7% seed chance this early in the game?
You don't have to unless you want to. That quest doesn't unlock anything, so it can sit there until you get around to it.