[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
I wish it was a lot easier for all mods/packs to be updated for the newest version in general. I'm not ragging on mod/pack creators, I totally understand that it's not. Would just be nice if it was.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like updating the mods wouldn't be too hugely hard. It's updating all the Tweaker recipes and the HQM book and getting the map redone and rebalanced and...that would be a ginormous pain. :)

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, you can go and grab newer version of the various mods, if there are ones. I just mean that in general, the mods are a few versions behind minecraft itself. Because when Mod X is made, it's made for a specific version of minecraft. When minecraft updates, it's not always easy to just update the mod. If it was, I imagine that most mods, and a lot of packs, would stay up to date with the latest version of minecraft.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, well yeah that's definitely true. Still, 1.7.10 has all the mods for it. Updating Crash Landing to that wouldn't be hard, just in terms of getting those newer mod versions and updating the Minecraft version. It's all the other work that's in it that would be hard to redo. If it was just the mods, any of us could do it. But then we'd have to make the custom map, and fix all the configs and tweak the recipes and write the quests in the book...and there's where the real work is.

BrickVoid

Dec 2, 2012
Yeah, you can go and grab newer version of the various mods, if there are ones. I just mean that in general, the mods are a few versions behind minecraft itself. Because when Mod X is made, it's made for a specific version of minecraft. When minecraft updates, it's not always easy to just update the mod. If it was, I imagine that most mods, and a lot of packs, would stay up to date with the latest version of minecraft.

Further to that, it's only made for a specific version of Minecraft because programmers of major mods decide to take up the challenge of preparing the Forge code repository, usually on github or a similar programming site, for a particular version of Minecraft. if nobody did the required work to make a Forge version of a particular version of Minecraft, which basically involves decompiling and reverse-engineering it's code to find all the programming hooks mod makers will need to make their programs work with the version being created, then there won't be a Forge version for that particular version of Minecraft. Every time major code in Minecraft changes, the mod makers and the people maintaining the Forge code repository have to get to work to make it all laid out for other mod makers to come in and add in programs that hook into the various functions in the new version of Minecraft.

This takes a lot of work and effort from dedicated hardworking programmers who also have a day job and real-life, family, special occasions, etcetera, to squeeze this code they're doing for free inbetween. So whenever something doesn't get updated when you want it to, remember that someone out there may be very busy with personal life and please don't make unreasonable assumptions on when they can fix your issue with bugged feature x in mod y, or with when there will be a version for Minecraft version x.y.z as they'll only be able to do this when they have the spare time to do so.

Cheers ...

BrickVoid

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
As I said... I'm totally not ragging on mod or pack creators. I understand that a lot of work goes into making them. And it's not easy for them to do so. I'm saying I wish it was easier for them. As in I wish Mojang (or I guess Microsoft now) would make it easier for them to do so. I feel like on one hand the game is designed for mods. On the other... Mojang/Microsoft doesn't really do anything to help make it easy to install or make mods. That's just kind of sad.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Which is of course totally understandable.

And I have to agree with others, this pack is tied for my top three (I'd mention the other two, but I'm not sure if that is against the rules or not). I loved how you used some mods that I had never seen before, like the leaves in the trees, the sanity, monster body parts on the ground. I thought that was all pretty awesome.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
I'd mention the other two, but I'm not sure if that is against the rules or not
That's not against the rules. Discussion on a forum is good and comparison is a form of discussion (plus now I'm curious :p).
I'm not AFK, just busy.
The community still supports you, bro! Real life truly should take priority. Have confidence that you are doing the right thing and that (almost) everyone here knows it. :)

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
Ok... I just realized that I had Blast Off and Crash Landing confused >.< Wow, I feel like an ass. So the things I mentioned liking are actually about Blast Off.

That being said, there are things I like about Crash Landing. I like the need for water, and dealing with temperature. I love the clones. It makes it Hardcore... but with the ability to get extra lives. Playing with the mod that had the compression chamber thing that makes circuit boards, I can't remember the name of it, but that was really cool. Again, a lot of really different stuff.

What I like about Blood n Bones is that it is a very brutal pack, but not hardcore (unless you make it that way). I kind of think it could use the HQM mod for direction, but then it's one of my favorite mods. I also love how well the mods are woven together. You can't ignore or skip any of them really.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
Is there supposed to be a road somewhere? I've mapped around my ship and there isn't any road. I did find a ruined city toward the North West though.

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
All this talk of Crash Landing has me wanting to play again...

I've played so many Crash Landing worlds at this point that it's ridiculous. I've gone out and dug into other modpacks from time to time, but this is the only one I keep coming back to for more replay. I dare say this is the greatest FTB modpack ever. If there were ever a legit remake for 1.7, I might just declare Iskandar to have won modded Minecraft.

Reactions: jdog1408

jdog1408

Jul 29, 2019
I've played so many Crash Landing worlds at this point that it's ridiculous. I've gone out and dug into other modpacks from time to time, but this is the only one I keep coming back to for more replay. I dare say this is the greatest FTB modpack ever. If there were ever a legit remake for 1.7, I might just declare Iskandar to have won modded Minecraft.
This pack reminds me of what HQM is for, there are so many packs with HQM as Icing or as a few walls but this pack is done so well, I just wish that the pack in doing with a team could be this good.