[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Saberwulfy

Jul 29, 2019
I am trying to use inventory manager for craft camel pack + water bottle, but this machine dont return my empty bottle.
Am i doing it wrong or its a bug?

Last edited:

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I vaguely remember that being a bug in the latest version of this modpack. Another way to fill your camel packs is to make use of the MFR liquicrafter. No need to mess with bottles at all, just pump the water right into the block. I think in this version too you were able to craft full camel packs from just 1 bucket of water. Kind of cheaty if you know what you're doing. However, by the time you have all this automated, you probably have more than enough water for years so it's not that big of a deal.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
This entire mod pack... Is just going to experience a huge resurgence for no reason now. Thank you, necroposts. :p
Of course, it does deserve a comeback. :)

allen891

Jul 29, 2019
So I've been wondering: Does anyone know if there is any way to completely automate getting water from the leaves to dirt to dirty water method? I understand the leaf getting part, but beyond that I'm stumped.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So I've been wondering: Does anyone know if there is any way to completely automate getting water from the leaves to dirt to dirty water method? I understand the leaf getting part, but beyond that I'm stumped.
Why not just put the leaves in a crucible over a heat source?
Doing it your way you should be able to hopper or export the leaves into a barrel, hopper the dirt out, pipe dirt and bottles into a cyclic assembler or use ME crafting to make dirty water, then pipe the dirty water into a furnace. But the crucuble method is much simpler.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

allen891

Jul 29, 2019
Why not just put the leaves in a crucible over a heat source?
Doing it your way you should be able to hopper or export the leaves into a barrel, hopper the dirt out, pipe dirt and bottles into a cyclic assembler or use ME crafting to make dirty water, then pipe the dirty water into a furnace. But the crucuble method is much simpler.

You're right, the crucible method is a lot simpler. Thanks for the other answer as well!

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
Fluid Transposer works too. RF usage is pretty minimal. Nothing a survivalist generator can't handle.

If you're trying to refill your camel pack, give the MFR liquicrafter a try. It's really awesome for this scenario.

Mix in Steves Factory manager and fully auto camel packs is easy to obtain.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Ahnorak

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, human.
I would ask your permission to make a map with mods based on Crashing Land (in 1.7.10).
I can?
And sorry please, man of earth, but my English is not very good.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
hey ahnorak i am not trying to stop you but just to let you know i have been working on that same idea for a while if you finish it first than i will quit. this is my first time doing something this big and alot of the "developer" mods i have never messed with like dimension controller or even developed the HQM quest book. both of which are taking quite a while. the only other thing i need to do is create destroyed cities. the other thing which i don't think will be hard (just a little bit time consuming since i know what i am doing with it) is minetweaker. once that is done i will be done with the mod pack.

mitelk

Jul 29, 2019
You're right, the crucible method is a lot simpler. Thanks for the other answer as well!
if you go below y lvl 50 (i think) and leave a water source down there you can use unlimited bottles on it and always get dirty water to just cook. that works as well.

Shiphty

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the mandatory hardcore mode. I don't know how many times I've died. Call me a noob or whatever but I really don't like having to do all that stuff over and over, it'd be nice to be able to pick up where I left off instead of grinding away, doing everything I already did...for the nth time.

Feyriin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't like the mandatory hardcore mode. I don't know how many times I've died. Call me a noob or whatever but I really don't like having to do all that stuff over and over, it'd be nice to be able to pick up where I left off instead of grinding away, doing everything I already did...for the nth time.

I won't call you a noob, but this IS a hardcore map. That's part of the point. That aside, within the game type itself without changing it or cheating, you should race to having your sync chamber set up asap. Then death isn't so much of a problem. When I finished that map I had a hall of sync chambers, like building extra lives.

If you're not bothered by going into creative mode, then you can always give yourself full hearts to consume and have extra lives as well. Or set up a sync chamber with creative mode so that you have those backup lives to start with, whichever.

SalmonMax

Jul 29, 2019
Beware though. Syncs are buggy. I lost my world because of a sync glitch. I had two syncs, and when I died, it seemed to get confused and spawned me in the Void. Died again, and that was it. Game over.

That's sort of when I ragequitted, cuz I'd been doing really well up until then. I thought having two syncs would be great. Oh...had I only known. :)