[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
The reason Weather worked at all (and worked so well) in previous Crash Landing versions was the biome. Normally, you need a mix of warm and cold biomes to have weather effects occur. Oceans, though, have special storms. With the right config settings, you can literally have a nonstop storm from a few minutes into your world until you quit playing altogether. The only delay between giant tornadoes (meant to be hurricanes of a sort) in my config is due to the buildup of the severe storm taking time. Sometimes, I get hit with multiple tornadoes in rapid succession and have to hide in my little shuttle bunker for most of a day. xD It's great watching zombies and skeletons get tossed around, though.

Sadly, from version 1.1.2 onward, the biome had to be changed from Ocean to allow walled cities to spawn, and this makes the weather no longer change. You will never hear a lightning strike or see a deadly storm coming.
I've recently returned from a hiatus as well. I though, simply updated to the newest version, started a world and am still exploring the changes....... like how dare there not be a road right next to the base full of furnace materials.......
Haha yeah, I really liked the free cobblestone slabs just over yonder.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
The road is still there, just 10 seconds of running to it.
are you running 1.1.3? before I posted I had ran/glided in all cardinal directions..... Though I'd yet to have really pushed for a city. After your post I made myself a nice big map and went looking. I've attached screenshots below.

*light bulb goes off*
*runs off to check something*
*struggles to pull foot from mouth*

"hy h fjt rnthe, tneeu"

*POP*
Never mind, I found the roads.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
Haha.

My derp was thinking that I can only make a pickaxe after the first night's skeletons to mine it. Turns out the bonemeal you get can be used as pickaxe material as well, giving you a pickaxe on day 1.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Haha.

My derp was thinking that I can only make a pickaxe after the first night's skeletons to mine it. Turns out the bonemeal you get can be used as pickaxe material as well, giving you a pickaxe on day 1.
which means you can quickly get far more yield out of bones by building a grindstone. in those early days even bonemeal can be a bit precious.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
which means you can quickly get far more yield out of bones by building a grindstone. in those early days even bonemeal can be a bit precious.

Bonemeal precious early days/game ? what is this magic you speak of ....

I have to add though im using fenix tweaks to increase render range for mob drops, this really helped me stock up on bones early game, so much so i had bonemeal growing out of my ears :p

The few days i played on the latest patch (before downgrading again because of me disliking the risk vs reward on city raiding), hence on nearly every run i did before that as well, i managed to get lucky enough to grind out a slab furnace on the first night from dust sieving when clearing things below the shuttle.

What is other people there opinion on the last patch btw in terms of game ballance, i really liked the new towns and quest stuff, but i had a really hard time getting things worth my time and health from chest loot in general. Personally i would agree earlier version had to much loot, way to much if you got lucky with energy cell and machine spawns, but man going true a town getting a few bottles and a hand full of flesh\cobwebs and regular dust and maybe some pearls or dye was kinda of anti climactic for me. Since i usually stay around the shuttle till i have my Steelworks smelter (and thus plenty of smelting power for a TC smeltery in terms of molten seared stone) that kinda removed the whole town raiding purpose for me aside from maybe big reactor parts and some free seeds left and right.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you guys are still enjopying the pack. You crazy, crazy people.
Yeah, took a break for a bit but found my way back.

@LordBufu TBH my only trip to the cities so far in the newest version was a missguided attempt to prove someone mistaken...... I didn't spend much time sight seeing.

LordBufu

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you guys are still enjopying the pack. You crazy, crazy people.

Dang you for making a pack so addictive to play hehehe

Still cant wait to see if and when a new one arises and what kinda fun stuff it has in store for us this time, ill proll keep on terraforming this hot dusty planet until i see it ;)

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys looking at the curse launcher and we are at 2500 downloads an the launcher after just 1 1/2 weeks wow im surprised at how popular this pack still is an ill tell you what if we hit 3000 ill dust this pack off and do one more update to try to clean up some final bugs

Ladysarajane

Nov 21, 2014
I hope it hits the 3000 mark. I love this pack and I am back playing at it again. Thanks for a great pack. :)