[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
As far as above is concerned, sorry about the confused spam. I don't know what happened and I had to remove 2 of the smeltery controllers to get things working. I blame magnet mode.

Newb question: I haven't played IC2 in quite some time and exploring a bit and about to venture onwards. IC2 rubber trees. They don't always come with a resin hole (name?) but when they do, I used a tree tap on them and got a bunch of resin. Does that hole grow back or can I safely chop that tree down now and do it all over again?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
for the jabba issue, here's a hail mary. BACKUP your entire save directory, after exiting minecraft (important). Then go in and delete the jabba directory under your sub save folder (i.e. saves/popoworld/jabba) and see what happens. You might wanna try rebooting first too. File could be locked. If you had a CTD before this issue occurred, a file lock could be rattling around in your system that only a reboot might fix. (Try reboot first, then jabba dir deletion).

I have NO experience with this issue, just google.

Add aromabackup to your mods to keep these issues from cropping up again (I do it all the time in all packs now, it's a good safety net but only if you use it proactively, before you have issues).

Reactions: Lumaceon

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 resin holes do refill, but only if you harvest one time and let it refill. Harvesting twice usually destroys it (or has a chance to, not certain which).

A good way to get rubber is to use IC2 Crops. It's random to get, but good once it gets going. Plant about a 5x5 farm (tilled soil) with Crops in a checkerboard pattern and put sugar cane in them. When they mature, plant two Crops in between them (crossbreeding) and watch. This requires babysitting, since empty Crops can become weeds and you DON'T want weeds spreading. The crossbreeder has a chance to grow a plant, usually more cane but sometimes something else (like netherwart). Let any canes grow up and leave them for a while. Some of those canes might actually be stickreed, which can be harvested once for resin and twice for cane. Once you get a stickreed ignore the rest of the plants and crossbreed around the reed, left-clinking canes to remove them.

Once you get enough stickreeds you can get rid of the canes. Though if you want to move the reeds you don't always get seeds (the only way to plant stickreeds. IC2 seeds can only be planted on crops).

This does take a bit of space and wood, but Crops are MFR compatible. They can even be bred to grow faster, though even with MFR and IC2 rubber being compatible I don't know what you'd need that much rubber for.

Shardiru

Jul 29, 2019
It seems the molten iron quest is bugged. Pumping the molten iron into a QDS with the quest set correctly does not increase the completion amount. Inside the quest book, it still shows 0/1,000,000 even though about 20,000mb went in before i realized it wasn't counting it and shut it off. Tried pumping straight from a smeltery and from a drum.

Also, when trying to put the core module into the world machine, it says I have to destroy the current core first. Is that part of a later quest or a bug? It was the first module I tried to put into it.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I think you can also use the rubber tree from MFR, so a nice planter/harvester MFR rubber tree farm and you dont need to worry about rubber

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
It seems the molten iron quest is bugged. Pumping the molten iron into a QDS with the quest set correctly does not increase the completion amount. Inside the quest book, it still shows 0/1,000,000 even though about 20,000mb went in before i realized it wasn't counting it and shut it off. Tried pumping straight from a smeltery and from a drum.

Also, when trying to put the core module into the world machine, it says I have to destroy the current core first. Is that part of a later quest or a bug? It was the first module I tried to put into it.
Yep, I just confirmed this. All the TiC liquid metals are bugged. Sorry about this, I really should've confirmed that they worked. Just HQM edit past it for now, thanks for the report.

The world machine actually gives you no decent indication that it worked, I should fix that. My guess is that it did work, and it's telling you that you can't set a second one. Next time it's night, look up. If there's a giant ball of iron where the moon should be, it worked.

First post has been edited with a PSA about the bug.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Shardiru

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, I just confirmed this. All the TiC liquid metals are bugged. Sorry about this, I really should've confirmed that they worked. Just HQM edit past it for now, thanks for the report.

The world machine actually gives you no decent indication that it worked, I should fix that. My guess is that it did work, and it's telling you that you can't set a second one. Next time it's night, look up. If there's a giant ball of iron where the moon should be, it worked.

First post has been edited with a PSA about the bug.

Ahhh, yep there is a big ball of iron up there. I thought that using the module would consume it, hence my confusion. Thanks for the response.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Goddamn it, have to start over, tried to sleep with a nether cell and I had placed my bed right near my original spawn point.

MrUbiq

Jul 29, 2019
Goddamn it, have to start over, tried to sleep with a nether cell and I had placed my bed right near my original spawn point.
Yeah, this is a scary side effect of loading the biomes. A trick I've used is to move the bed to the back of the starting platform. If you F3, there is a different biome at back of it that is outside of the loaded area when you swap biomes. This way you never have to worry about being in a Hell biome.

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, this is a scary side effect of loading the biomes. A trick I've used is to move the bed to the back of the starting platform. If you F3, there is a different biome at back of it that is outside of the loaded area when you swap biomes. This way you never have to worry about being in a Hell biome.
Yeah, I though about doing that but I was too lazy.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
IC2 resin holes do refill, but only if you harvest one time and let it refill. Harvesting twice usually destroys it (or has a chance to, not certain which).

A good way to get rubber is to use IC2 Crops. It's random to get, but good once it gets going. Plant about a 5x5 farm (tilled soil) with Crops in a checkerboard pattern and put sugar cane in them. When they mature, plant two Crops in between them (crossbreeding) and watch. This requires babysitting, since empty Crops can become weeds and you DON'T want weeds spreading. The crossbreeder has a chance to grow a plant, usually more cane but sometimes something else (like netherwart). Let any canes grow up and leave them for a while. Some of those canes might actually be stickreed, which can be harvested once for resin and twice for cane. Once you get a stickreed ignore the rest of the plants and crossbreed around the reed, left-clinking canes to remove them.

Once you get enough stickreeds you can get rid of the canes. Though if you want to move the reeds you don't always get seeds (the only way to plant stickreeds. IC2 seeds can only be planted on crops).

This does take a bit of space and wood, but Crops are MFR compatible. They can even be bred to grow faster, though even with MFR and IC2 rubber being compatible I don't know what you'd need that much rubber for.

Thanks alot for the info. It's more for me and understand IC2. When I did play with it, I didn't play alot and I think I did more creative vs survival so there ya go. I'll look into it tho and that's real good info. I couldn't get more than one resin from the trees tho (from each hole). Another hole would appear randomly so I trimmed the trees to upper part so I could see all sides all the way up. I don't need the rubber really, again, education. Thanks!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So, I'm sure it's just me, but the last 24 hours have pretty much doomed my playthrough. I really don't understand it. I've never seen these kinds of numbers in other packs with some/not all of these same mods. I'll try to be succinct.

I was using opaque itemducts, and when I could upgraded to opaque impulse itemducts for everything. cobblegen to pulverizers (multiple) to create gravel/sand/dust. huge set of AA's (5 sets) +1 AA set for hammering. SFM controls all of that with enderstorage. 3 smelteries using itemducts to process goods.

Now, all was OK. I had about 40-50 FPS (down from about 60 when I started) and I decided to build from the bottom of my large towers back a bit and then up to make some large areas for RC tanks (since no extra cells). I had built 2 RC tanks and when I had gone up elevators I started noticing a TON of lag from when I hit space to it moving me up. going up 18 flights this way was very very bad. I ended up getting block placing lag and everything was stopped in production. I decided to add opis so I can see what happened. quit mc, added opis, reloaded. Things were still laggy so ran opis. I had 35k us (pico? seconds) handler in the TE grid handler. googled, found alot of pissed people but no real ways to relieve the issue. Concensus was that it's item stuffing. I don't make a habit of using overload chests cause I purposely edit the source duct to 1 or 4 stack size depending on what I'm doing. After trying to do everything I could possibly do, I went around and very slowly started removing all my ducts. took me about an hour or more. No change. Fluiducts next. No change. Exit mc, reload. no change. Ok. all that was left was just some onesie twosie ducts that can't stuff so I couldn't understand. reboot machine. reload mc? Down to about 3k pico secs. reboot? Really? I updated java a while back for a pack to latest java 7 that required R55(iirc). Maybe that's issue, dunno. Either way, I destroyed all my work for ... who knows. should have rebooted at the beginning but I've never had that issue with MC. I have 32gb of memory on this machine. quitting mc and restarting always has fixed any issues before.

The thing I don't get is why it started getting laggy, etc.. while I was building with blocks and nothing with ducts or anything else. When I broke the ducts, I got maybe 2-3 stacks of various things altogether. doesn't make sense from stuffing perspective.

Anyways, right now, I'm pretty disheartened to continue on. I may start over again after jampacked or some time around there.

Suggestion: I would definately add opis (even if just set to disabled) so people can add it easily to troubleshoot issues. You don't include a minimap so maybe just add it outright.

Also, I found a glitch with ender tanks and infinite liquids which boggles my mind since I don't get a chance to use them much since they aren't in packs always. Thus, that sorta ruined me for my mob trap with grinder since I went downstairs and had a RC tank full of essence (10mil? - iron). jeez.

I still think this pack is awesome and I don't fully fault it for the issues since I seem to be the only one having them. The dimensional thing tho could be causing these probs but no clue why or how. As a side note, with my extensive base in one agskies playthrough, I had something like 100 crucibles w/lava and a huge base of stuff. lots of production. 6 smelteries. I ran opis then cause I had some FPS (not tps) lag and found the handler on top but sitting around 9k or so. This in comparison was about 1/4 the size if not much smaller, so again, doesn't make any sense. In a post, jaded stated their usual method for evaluating things is removing railcraft (no explanation given). See first page at bottom: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/thermal-expansion-70-000-u-s-cause-tps-drop-help.44675/

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well.... TE grid handler is always causing some kind of problem... since many mods use TE API and that involves using the TE grid handler.
The problem might not be related with conduit stuffing(although I would recommend adding the mod that keeps conduits stuffing at minimal values) but with any other mod that gets stuck and causes TE Grid Handler to go nuts... It is always hard to find the issue.
About adding OPIS, I always recommend it! It the first mod I always add when its not included.

The glitch you fond with the grinder is a very nasty bug involving fluiducts and MFR inter fluid storage on the machines. If you put a servo on the duct it will behave as supposed. If not, it will go nuts and always gives way more fluid then it should.
In 1.7.10, conduits will be on a separate mod, so modpack makers can chose to use TE machines and any other kind of conduits that work better :)

Why only after rebooting the machine it went back to normal... dunno. That is strange!
My advice for ex-nihilo packs, since they will rely heavily on sieving and smelteries, is to add Ender IO to the pack and disable TE conduits, it works so much better(except not being able to set dense/vacuum modes) and doesnt cause this problems!

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Ohhh, I just noticed we have Logistica pipes!!!!
No more stuffing of pipes! Use logistica pipes, and use providers/requesters and no more stuff clogging the pipes. It will be pulled from chests, not pushed inside the smeltery until everything gets clogged!

So many cool ways of building stuff..... I really need to get the PowerSuit and a builders wand so I can start expanding and creating "areas" where I can use all this stuff :p

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I'm sad to hear about the problem, I wish I knew what caused it. It's not always about the size, but often the variety of machines that makes things unstable. That being said, you shouldn't have these problems no matter what your variety, so it's really pretty concerning. Either way, I'm submitting the pack to JamPacked as-is (with a few fixes here and there) later today, so hopefully this version is relatively stable.

Thanks for taking the time to report all of this though.

Has anyone set up a server so a few people can play together?
I know some people have, so it's definitely possible. It's a risk though.

Last edited:

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sad to hear about the problem, I wish I knew what caused it. It's not always about the size, but often the variety of machines that makes things unstable. That being said, you shouldn't have these problems no matter what your variety, so it's really pretty concerning. Either way, I'm submitting the pack as-is (with a few fixes here and there) later today, so hopefully this release is relatively stable.

Thanks for taking the time to report all of this though.

I strongly recommend you to try create a server from this pack and revisit the autonomous activator recipe. Pretty sure its the 'cursor' that is causing the crafting issues (I also had it). Replace it with... I dont know... redstone torch?
Even if your pack its supposed is not supposed to be played in a multi-player environment, having issues like this that cause it not being possible to play in a server with a friend or two could be an heavy negative point!
One thing is the pack not supporting multiple players playing individually other thing is not supporting a couple of friends playing together.

Also, the fishing rod quest doesnt work.... I got some fishing rods as a reward and when I tossed them in water, the quest didnt completed.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I strongly recommend you to try create a server from this pack and revisit the autonomous activator recipe. Pretty sure its the 'cursor' that is causing the crafting issues (I also had it). Replace it with... I dont know... redstone torch?
Even if your pack its supposed is not supposed to be played in a multi-player environment, having issues like this that cause it not being possible to play in a server with a friend or two could be an heavy negative point!
One thing is the pack not supporting multiple players playing individually other thing is not supporting a couple of friends playing together.

Also, the fishing rod quest doesnt work.... I got some fishing rods as a reward and when I tossed them in water, the quest didnt completed.
You just have to craft the fishing rod. Not the vanilla one, the MFR one. Also, I said I don't support public servers, I never said I don't support multiplayer.