[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
One other wierdness that I forgot to mention. I created a terrain smasher before I saw that comment about using a hammer (and btw, saw a comment like that before, made a ticon hammer and labelled that person a fraud in my mind, little did I realize I was derping). Anyways, I made the terrain smasher to get the ardite/cobalt and make manyulin (sp) for that one quest. When I came back, I realized, well, I had finished the autonomous activator quest as well to my suprise. I think it saw that terrain smasher as an AA somehow and gave me the requirements for that quest. Maybe it didn't look at metadata and just the item ID?

Reactions: Lumaceon

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
  • It doesn't seem like Thaumcraft is being completely supported. None of the hostile mobs drop vis, so getting enough vis to make even goggles is next to impossible (haven't found a mob that drops fire vis). I haven't found any nodes without the goggles in the handful of biomes I've loaded.
I believe this is caused by special mobs and it is removed now, so you shouldn't have the problem anymore!

Update 1.1.0

Changes
+Added Blood Magic due to popular request
+Added Chisel and a minetweaker recipe for marble
+Added JABBA
+Added Steve's Factory Manager
=7th quest set added to avoid questing bottleneck
=Major changes made to quest sets 3 and 6, now much less grindy (1/100th as hard in extreme cases)
=New quest added in quest set 2 to clarify how to not make research take days to complete
=Research requirements reduced to 200,000
-Removed Special Mobs, possibly a temporary removal

Huge thanks for JABBA.
Loved the Blood Magic add.
If you are adding Chisel for aesthetical reasons, I would suggest also adding Carpenter Blocks in a future update.
I would suggest some tweaking on how fast reed grows. Waiting for hours to get some, so I can have paper and continue research....
I was also going to suggest to tweak the Enderman spawn rate so Enderium ingots were not so hard to get at the beginning but.... you removed special mobs! (And now I'm glad you did it, since I had mobs falling from 30 blocks height and not losing any life... Including creepers that after falling would explode the punji sticks... Had to turn it off!)
I was going to sneak in Steve's Factory Manager, since I wasn't expecting to ever see it in the pack, it makes automations very easy. And then.... you added it! Second best mod in the pack :)

And to finish, If the railcraft issue is real, please disable it.

Edit: Forgot, Thaumcraft without Thaumic Tinker takes away half the fun of Thaumcraft....

Last edited:

Shardiru

Jul 29, 2019
Finally made it to chapter 3 and promptly had to change my underwear after I saw the requirements. I'm glad you decided to nerf them, though I would have been fine with them as is. One mod I forgot was it's own mod and not part of AE due to it being in just about every single pack that has AE is extra cells. I plan on adding it myself once i get some sleep and then research how to do all that stuffs, but it makes a good candidate for inclusion by default. The ability to store fluids in an ME system is huge in a skyblock that has the drum recipe that uses steel with only railcraft as the only mod capable of making it.

I haven't been able to make a railcraft blast furnace yet due to no slimes spawning, regular or magma in their respective biomes. Adding Tinker's Steelworks would be a good alternative since IC2 doesn't have it's reinforced iron in this version.
@NunoAgapito There is a bypass to the hunger overhaul growth speeds, Crops from IC2. You'll have sugar cane growing so fast you'll be building statues out of punji sticks.

As for special mobs, I wish that mod would die in a fire because it's so buggy and lag inducing. The bug where the mobs create absurd lag when they can't find a path to you, and when you finally are in a spot they can get to, they nearly teleport right on top of you. I understand why you included it, the mob variety is nice, and the AI would be nice if it wasn't so buggy. Zombie awareness suffers from a game breaking bug when combined with ex nihilo, unless it was fixed, every time you run an item through the sieve, it creates an entity from zombie awareness, they just keep piling up and piling up until you have so many entities in that one spot that it just overloads the game with unplayable lag.

In my opinion, all skyblocks are about building from nothing, the difficulty being the quest for resources and not falling to the void. Adding in mods that add/change mobs into a skyblock just adds unnecessary grief. Just my opinion though. It's your pack though, add/subtract what you will. =)

I've had to enter creative to fix ladders a couple times due to creepers blowing them up without me even being near and not having access to flight yet. I've been shot off the ladder by gatling skeletons, even had an enderman close to the edge, and me being desperate for pearls, went after him. As soon as I got to him, he teleported behind me and knocked me off into the void.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Finally made it to chapter 3 and promptly had to change my underwear after I saw the requirements. I'm glad you decided to nerf them, though I would have been fine with them as is. One mod I forgot was it's own mod and not part of AE due to it being in just about every single pack that has AE is extra cells. I plan on adding it myself once i get some sleep and then research how to do all that stuffs, but it makes a good candidate for inclusion by default. The ability to store fluids in an ME system is huge in a skyblock that has the drum recipe that uses steel with only railcraft as the only mod capable of making it.

TE induction smelter, 1 iron + 4 charcoal/2 coal dust.

And having railcraft, you have iron/steel tanks too.
Not saying to not have extra cellls, I just like to have tanks so I can admire a max tank full of blazing pyrotheum and then connect it with extra cells :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The note above about zombie awareness is very real. Look at some posts in crash landing post if you want an overview. Overall, I think if you can alter the setting like iskandar did (I think) that removes the scent ability from ZA then it's usable.

I wish you could add tmechworks for drawbridges alone. would help since you can't really build alot in pocket dimension and this would give a clever way in-out of sub areas.

Also, I put a bunch of magnum torches in nether upper cause I desparately needed some quartz and the lag was causing me too much grief. still on 1.0.1 and most likely special mobs is the cause of it but it did go away completely. The entities would spawn in en masse and then I would go from 50-60 FPS down to 14 then mc would freeze completely (tho I can still hear ghast squealing) then it would come back and all the zombie pigmen would be on coke and run around like idiots real fast. Did that to me in arctic to not nice results (4 creepers did a 1 second beeline for me and made a huge crater killing me instantly.

I do think some danger should be had tho in the dimensions and thus, at least one mob altering mod should be in it. If anything, it gives you something to do when you don't feel like building. I think ZA might be a better choice for that if the bug can be addressed.

As far as railcraft goes, that setting is all that would be needed to disable the problem I described. RC definately doesn't need to go away or anything. On it's own it's fine w/o that setting. You'll load world and it'll say there's a mismatch but that can be safely ignored. It definately helped me. All my itemducts are actually delivering what they're supposed to. My smelteries are working properly and trees are growing where they wouldn't before.

For the person that was wanting slimes: In that first dimension you get, down in bottom ummm forward left from your entranceway, I have a mine down there and every single time I go down there, there are at least 4 big ones with a scattered amount of small ones. make a slimalyzer (if it's in this pack) and find the slime chunks or add opis and there's a slime chunk overlay there too. You can also make that one slimy sand or whatever and sieve it for stuff.

Also, in the sieve results, there's a placed redstone dust in the mix. If you get it as item and place it down, you get redstone back. I've seen this elsewhere and they fixed it so it's fixable.

I still don't understand why in every pack that has nihilo, there's the still water/still lava push through sieve to get fish/cooked fish. I never saw an answer to that tho I do know of a way to do it. You need extra cells and storage bus and it'll collect the liquids as items but it's a bug, not a feature so again, still don't know why it's there.

In AG skies, you could brave the netherfish and go out and collect some stuff by hand to supplement or kick start your sieving process. I like that you have these pocket dimensions and you can do the same for non nether stuff as well. I hate to see if you can add an end one cause most likely that would bring the dragon with it which scares the hell out of me thinking of my beautifull buildings being destroyed outright.

Technically, I'd love to hear after jampacked, how you did all of this. I have some guesses but I think you are a very very clever person to accomplish what you did. I've always wanted to try the spatial pylons, etc... and have set out to do just that but never did cause it was just a nice magic trick. I watched the video where the guy setup a system so he can walk into a set of pylons, go into dimension and 5 seconds later, his setup brings him back. While he was away, he was in a dark void unable to do much. still wasn't intrigued, since again. magic trick. I saw ZERO utility for using this. I think, what you have done is actually give the thing a purpose in itself :} Pretty cool. Very neat idea. Very very impressed.

I bet algorithm's looking at this saying "well, there ya go...." tada! hehe

One note: You should probably state in changelogs whether that update requires a reset or not. I am hesitant to start over at this point in time since I have setup so much infrastructure. I did add SFM to the mix and once you have done a couple of sieving setups for those, you TRULY wish SFM had a way to copy/paste the setup so you could reuse the 'code'. It is nice tho and much better than TE cyclics or AE with emitters, etc... It truly is an awesome mod and I'm very glad you added it since it's definately a must have for me now.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
I've always wanted to try the spatial pylons, etc... and have set out to do just that but never did cause it was just a nice magic trick. I watched the video where the guy setup a system so he can walk into a set of pylons, go into dimension and 5 seconds later, his setup brings him back. While he was away, he was in a dark void unable to do much. still wasn't intrigued, since again. magic trick. I saw ZERO utility for using this. I think, what you have done is actually give the thing a purpose in itself :} Pretty cool. Very neat idea. Very very impressed.

Going a little out of the thread purpose but here is a cool implementation for pylons on a normal minecraft world.

We all know, that when you start to have a lot of machinery, you start having FPS issues and two solutions are most common. Build the machinery on a second base far away or on a different dimension, so the client doesnt have it loaded. In sky blocks, the lava/energy production, when in mass scale, is usually made on a different dimension, normally in the nether, so it doesnt lag the client.
One cool alternative is using the pylons! You just need to setup the pylons with enough space for what you need and activate it with you inside. You need to make sure you have a way out of this new dimension, like portals or mystcraft linking books.
So, you got transported to this new, black dimension. The funny thing, its not a void dimension, it is more like a cage made of dark walls that absorb light! Just place a chunk loader in it, place the mystcraft linking book or build the portal and you have your new private dimension for your personal use! just make sure to never load this dimension in overworld, or everything will break because of the tile entities... I advise you to place blocks on the walls and floor, so you can have a sense of "space".

You can always check Ako The Builder on youtube, in his Resonant Rise second series, he build a 9x9 where he stored all his AE system. The only thing he had in the Overworld, was the crafting terminal and the Quantum network bridge. Disks, monitores, auto-crafting system, was all inside the dimension.

This trick will save you FPS lag from some complex setup, make it private since no one can access it without a "proper way", its damn cool and its almost like having it on your base, since its just one click away for you to get teleported to the new dimension!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Going a little out of the thread purpose but here is a cool implementation for pylons on a normal minecraft world.

We all know, that when you start to have a lot of machinery, you start having FPS issues and two solutions are most common. Build the machinery on a second base far away or on a different dimension, so the client doesnt have it loaded. In sky blocks, the lava/energy production, when in mass scale, is usually made on a different dimension, normally in the nether, so it doesnt lag the client.
One cool alternative is using the pylons! You just need to setup the pylons with enough space for what you need and activate it with you inside. You need to make sure you have a way out of this new dimension, like portals or mystcraft linking books.
So, you got transported to this new, black dimension. The funny thing, its not a void dimension, it is more like a cage made of dark walls that absorb light! Just place a chunk loader in it, place the mystcraft linking book or build the portal and you have your new private dimension for your personal use! just make sure to never load this dimension in overworld, or everything will break because of the tile entities... I advise you to place blocks on the walls and floor, so you can have a sense of "space".

You can always check Ako The Builder on youtube, in his Resonant Rise second series, he build a 9x9 where he stored all his AE system. The only thing he had in the Overworld, was the crafting terminal and the Quantum network bridge. Disks, monitores, auto-crafting system, was all inside the dimension.

This trick will save you FPS lag from some complex setup, make it private since no one can access it without a "proper way", its damn cool and its almost like having it on your base, since its just one click away for you to get teleported to the new dimension!
that's really cool. I'll have to try that sometime.

does the dimension solely consist of you and the stuff you have or is it a shared space for all AE dimensional slices?

The funny thing is I still say there's no point to the pylons as in, the intent of it... This is a cool trick to use them for, but the way algo described the thing, it was a neat way to transport a big chunk of stuff from one place to another. but, it doesn't use tile entities and thus, you're constrained to blocks, etc... so... it's nice in theory. sorta like pokemon but in a hugely different way. find a nice land location way away from your base. gotta catch em all! zoink. big chunk of land missing then a drab forest and your nice cherry blossom forest is where the forest was. that seemed like OH SO MUCH EFFORT for what you get out of it. And now I just realized why algo stopped working on AE1 *sobs*.... me no likee AE2 that much even with crafting stuff. guess I'll get used to it.

I found out when I started this pack that those spatial disks are actually pointers to the location. I copied the disk and used the original, and later on, loaded the copy and all the changes I made to original were there.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
that's really cool. I'll have to try that sometime.

does the dimension solely consist of you and the stuff you have or is it a shared space for all AE dimensional slices?

Each time you use a blank disk, it creates a new empty dimension and fills it with what is inside the pylons. Only that disk or copys made of it will have access to this dimension. That is why you have 68 different dimension folders in your world save folder.

Edit: Keep in mind servers dont like when you use pylons over a large space! I'm playing Crafting Paradise with a server and every time I activate the pylons to load or unload, my server CPU goes nuts for a good amount of seconds!

Last edited:

Cata3rd

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, when trying to load an old world with the update the console stops when it tries to load JABBA data. Am i the only one with this problem.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
One other wierdness that I forgot to mention. I created a terrain smasher before I saw that comment about using a hammer (and btw, saw a comment like that before, made a ticon hammer and labelled that person a fraud in my mind, little did I realize I was derping). Anyways, I made the terrain smasher to get the ardite/cobalt and make manyulin (sp) for that one quest. When I came back, I realized, well, I had finished the autonomous activator quest as well to my suprise. I think it saw that terrain smasher as an AA somehow and gave me the requirements for that quest. Maybe it didn't look at metadata and just the item ID?
Yeah, I think it definitely didn't look at metadata. I don't know why I put that quest on fuzzy detection to begin with. Thanks for pointing that out.

One note: You should probably state in changelogs whether that update requires a reset or not. I am hesitant to start over at this point in time since I have setup so much infrastructure.
Hopefully you will never be required to restart. I hate restarts. I may add "easter eggs" for those that either come later, wish to reset, or wish to switch files around a bit. I'm really hoping never to add any sort of update that obsoletes old worlds though.

I found out when I started this pack that those spatial disks are actually pointers to the location. I copied the disk and used the original, and later on, loaded the copy and all the changes I made to original were there.
That's why I don't encourage servers. You summed it up well.

Hey, when trying to load an old world with the update the console stops when it tries to load JABBA data. Am i the only one with this problem.
Haven't had the problem myself. You can always post a link to the log and I'll take a look.

If you fully mine out a biome does that mean it is gone for good??
Well the "biome" will still be there, but none of the blocks will.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, so I'm have a pretty persistent issue and not sure what to do. I have my line of AA's sifting (5 of them), and another AA hammering. All enclosed in glass 2 wide on all sides / top. about 10 blocks away I have my row of 3 smeltery's processing. 3 ores per, no alloys. I've done similar setups like so many times I cannot count.

All was working well, and I went to check something and noticed one basin had iron block in it (using basin/fluiducts) so I grabbed it and it continued. Next smeltery had a block in basin, tried to do same, ctd. ticking memory connection, all about tconstruct. Ok, reloaded. pull block. ctd. reload. destroy basin, put back, everything back to normal. Notice other basin bad, destroy/replace. real curious at this point. Look at 3rd smeltery, all the basins seemed to be stopped so I looked inside and even tho my SFM is set to move just the end dusts to each smeltery, I had some pulverized and I think some 2nd tier (can't rem name now derp) in there. They are cooking but I'm fairly sure they are the wrong ores, so I go to pull them out and boom, ctd.

can flying entities end up in smelteries? I may have had magnet mode on, but that still shouldn't have caused this. I don't rem if I've ever built the two systems so close to each other before. I don't have anything chunkloaded so I'm going to try that next. I guess I might have to do that and see if it fixes things. I'm using ender chests to feed everything and wondering if something got fubar'd from that too.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
He has max memory configured for 1.7Gb. More then enough, since I run it perfectly on an old machine with 1.5.