[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Also, about special mobs.... This might not had much about some mobs being special but it adds an awesome feature: Mob griefing. Without it, biomes will be filled with torchs and become safe. With it.... you have ONE day time to fill a biome of torchs. If you fail, mobs will spawn and destroy them all. If you want to increase difficulty, you can always tweak the configs to make them more grief aggressive, like... destroying more types of blocks, reacting faster...

Another mod that goes really nice with Special Mobs and, since it isnt a server pack it will not bring a server to his knees, is the Zombie Awareness.
Nothing better then the day ending and when the mobs spawn automatically go to the ladders coz they can sense you :)
I'm actually removing special mobs for the next update. It will probably not be a permanent change, I have to test further with soul shards. Zombie awareness seems interesting.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

MrUbiq

Jul 29, 2019
I am really enjoying this mod pack. For me, it is the perfect mix of getting to play both skyblock and with cool world gen. So far every bag I've opened has been a disk, so I have a ton of biomes to mess around with.

I think Jabba barrels will be a great and needed addition. As for Special Mobs going away, I don't mind, maybe just Infernal mobs would be enough? You could tweak the rate per mob type I believe for them, so you can balance that as you want.

Thanks for making a great mod pack! I look forward to checking it out more as it develops :)

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I am really enjoying this mod pack. For me, it is the perfect mix of getting to play both skyblock and with cool world gen. So far every bag I've opened has been a disk, so I have a ton of biomes to mess around with.

I think Jabba barrels will be a great and needed addition. As for Special Mobs going away, I don't mind, maybe just Infernal mobs would be enough? You could tweak the rate per mob type I believe for them, so you can balance that as you want.

Thanks for making a great mod pack! I look forward to checking it out more as it develops :)
Glad you're liking it. I didn't realize just how much it needed JABBA until actually play-testing. So yes, that'll be added as soon as possible. The ore-dictionary compatibility is just wonderful.
I like special mobs and probably will bring them back at some point. It's just that more testing really needs to be done to make sure they don't mess up auto-spawners and other systems relying on mobs.

davidpox

Jul 29, 2019
haha, PSA: Don't use a bed while you have a nether dimension loaded :p
frU919J.png

MoegamingLps

Jul 29, 2019
something else you could do is with the crafting paradises mod make the bedrock area a biome similar to a mushroom biome where no mobs spawn but make a custom biome so no mobs at all spawn and not make it a mushrom biome because mooshrooms will spawn if you put grass there.[DOUBLEPOST=1407440571][/DOUBLEPOST]
haha, PSA: Don't use a bed while you have a nether dimension loaded :p
yea i was worrying about that as well :p

Reactions: Lumaceon

Naphomci

Jul 29, 2019
Enjoying the pack. Here are a few thoughts and observations:
  • Sometimes the biome flickers as was said by a previous poster. I noticed it happened if you built anything in the Spatial Pylon plane (for instance a cobble bridge to meet the biome at level instead of dropping down. The problem with the flicker for me was solved by exiting and reloading. It can cause issues though because if it is flickering and you lie down to sleep right at hell biome you blow up, regardless of the nether being loaded.
  • The quest pacing is good in the beginning then there's just too huge a leap. The quest for Manyullyn, Resonant Flux Capicator, Auto Activator are all fine as they are but there should be something more leading to them. At least to me that would help the overall pacing quite a bit.
  • It doesn't seem like Thaumcraft is being completely supported. None of the hostile mobs drop vis, so getting enough vis to make even goggles is next to impossible (haven't found a mob that drops fire vis). I haven't found any nodes without the goggles in the handful of biomes I've loaded.
  • The Forest biome you start with doesn't have enough clay to make everything for the smeltery quest. This isn't a problem if you know about the dust in a barrell from Ex Nihilo, but for someone unaware of that I could see it being a problem. Obviously loading another biome would work but I would wager most people won't think of it or want to given the flow of everything to that point.
  • It probably would not be bad to explain the unloading of a cell process in the quest book so that people are less likely to end up with a forest in the swampland named cell or such.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Update 1.1.0

Changes
+Added Blood Magic due to popular request
+Added Chisel and a minetweaker recipe for marble
+Added JABBA
+Added Steve's Factory Manager
=7th quest set added to avoid questing bottleneck
=Major changes made to quest sets 3 and 6, now much less grindy (1/100th as hard in extreme cases)
=New quest added in quest set 2 to clarify how to not make research take days to complete
=Research requirements reduced to 200,000
-Removed Special Mobs, possibly a temporary removal

I also did the same mistake....
Yep, gotta be careful with those bed bombs.

Sometimes the biome flickers as was said by a previous poster. I noticed it happened if you built anything in the Spatial Pylon plane (for instance a cobble bridge to meet the biome at level instead of dropping down. The problem with the flicker for me was solved by exiting and reloading. ...
I've tried replicating this, and I've never gotten any sort of flickering. I tried replicating your case directly with the stone bridge: no luck. I won't deny its existence with 2 people having the same problem, but I honestly have no idea what's happening here. As far as I know, the only way that could happen is if two separate tile entities existed in the same block space.

Most of your other criticisms are dealt with in the update above; thanks for the contribution though. The quests aren't really meant to teach you basics outside of HQM and pack-specific mechanics. Set 1 is just a "make some basic infrastructure before starting set 3 and above" sort of thing.

wolverene71

Jul 29, 2019
will there be a server that we can download? because this pack would be AWESOME with other players and a heck of a lot of fun to record stream or just derp around on

MrUbiq

Jul 29, 2019
Excited to check this update out :) Blood Magic is definitely a favorite of mine but I'm not nearly far enough in to really use it yet. Jabba will be very nice to have as will Chisel (one of my favorite mods!)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I wish I had more time to post a proper post, but I felt this part had to be mentioned.

Railcraft hidden blocks are enabled in 1.0.1 and cause alot of lag/issues with just about everything. Every other pack I play that has railcraft has this disabled. Not CJ's issue, it's cause current 1.6.4 forge doesn't properly (or at all) recognize the is.air.block function. Thus, invisible blocks permeate the world and things like pistons, ticon smelteries, redstone, plants, etc... can't interact normally since this block is in the way.

It was causing alot of lag once I built out 3 smelteries to take care of the products from the sieving and couldn't understand why. I was also having alot of lag from nether biomes as others have stated and I speculate that might be it as well since the block keeps track where entities are moving (player maybe only, dunno).

in railcraft.cfg, hidden=476 - hidden=0

With that said, this pack is a breath of fresh air and you essentially made my point from a couple days ago. People haven't even begun to test the limits of HQM and their imagination and this definately is one of those times where I'm glad I tried a random pack w/o knowing what it was about. Truly awesome.

and yes, I love the nighttime where you can see the sun if you look down. pretty awesome.

Another thing about the nether dimensions. Ghasts push themselves through glass or whatever you stick out there to contain the area. So do pig zombies. I'm sure this is a vanilla mechanic but yeah, they almost killed my dog. :( He jumped in to 'try' to save me from some errant pig zombies and got down to 1/2 heart. poor pup.

Anyways, awesome idea, awesome implementation, awesome sense of humor and just awesome all around. TY very much!

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
will there be a server that we can download? because this pack would be AWESOME with other players and a heck of a lot of fun to record stream or just derp around on
Not going to be doing any official server support, because it's meant to be either singleplayer or LAN. That doesn't mean you can't try rigging a server up and teaming on the pack with friends; by all means, have fun. It's just that public servers will have problems because all the world cells lead to the same place. So if player "A" loads up a volcano and player "B" tries to load it before player "A" puts it back, the world cell will be empty (or contain whatever was put into it by player "A").

Excited to check this update out :) Blood Magic is definitely a favorite of mine but I'm not nearly far enough in to really use it yet. Jabba will be very nice to have as will Chisel (one of my favorite mods!)
Yeah, these mods should have been added from the beginning. Sorry about that, hope you enjoy the additions. Like I said, many of the quests in set 3 and 6 were made easier; in some cases, more than 100 times easier. They were that absurd.

... Railcraft hidden blocks are enabled in 1.0.1 and cause alot of lag/issues with just about everything ...
Are you sure this is what causes these issues? The world is a void generated world, and the world cells were originally generated without railcraft. Do you know how these blocks generate or how they work? I've never heard of these hidden blocks before, though I do see the config option here. Glad you're liking the pack so far though, thanks for the feedback.

wolverene71

Jul 29, 2019
Not going to be doing any official server support, because it's meant to be either singleplayer or LAN. That doesn't mean you can't try rigging a server up and teaming on the pack with friends; by all means, have fun. It's just that public servers will have problems because all the world cells lead to the same place. So if player "A" loads up a volcano and player "B" tries to load it before player "A" puts it back, the world cell will be empty (or contain whatever was put into it by player "A").

OK that makes a lot of sense thanks for explaining! :)

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

Yeah, these mods should have been added from the beginning. Sorry about that, hope you enjoy the additions. Like I said, many of the quests in set 3 and 6 were made easier; in some cases, more than 100 times easier. They were that absurd.

Are you sure this is what causes these issues? The world is a void generated world, and the world cells were originally generated without railcraft. Do you know how these blocks generate or how they work? I've never heard of these hidden blocks before, though I do see the config option here. Glad you're liking the pack so far though, thanks for the feedback.

they are created by the player, everywhere you walk. google search railcraft hidden blocks. You'll notice ALOT of hits. stick to some of the reddit posts and you'll see. I had some blocks in smelterys that wouldn't cook up and only the one that I fell into was affected, thus, yeah. It's an issue. The only thing you lose by this change is being able to see the places you've been using the goggles in RC. Again, this is not new news. It's been an issue for 6 months if not much more. All FTB packs (iirc) have them disabled by default.

Drawde

Jul 29, 2019
If I remember right, Railcraft added some goggles that could track entities. This required something to be placed where they were for the goggles to track, which are the hidden blocks. Not there as far as entities are concerned, but multiblocks and such still know they're there and won't work if they're in the way. And the amount of these blocks, and the fact that they take a long time (if ever) to despawn causes the lag.

Thus they're turned off in modpacks. Blocks like a Wraith Lamp's light sources also caused these problems but were usually limited in amount, unlike the tracking blocks.