[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Yeah, unfortunately I've tried doing that throughout the forest. No such luck, just keeps saying researching the Ocean
You do have to hold it down all the way, like a bow in critical. If you F3 and the area says ocean, then there's a problem with the biome changer (spatial pylons don't do that automatically). Otherwise if you're holding it down all the way and it's just not working in the forest biome, then The problem is in the research notes.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
I've also noticed lighting being really rid in caves. Is that something you are aware of or shall I go on?

DaedricLord

Jul 29, 2019
this modpack is one of the best i played and it feels good to change the idea of starting a bloody world from scretch why not start a planet i love that but i think i found a bug sometimes when you die without having a bed you spawn on top of the void and causes you to die again i lost my map twice from this bug at least i think it is XD

tarzan1376

Jul 7, 2013
when I was changing my biomes and stuff they got messed up and a plains biome was nothing it was only the bedrock on the bottom and common forest was maple forest and Ect

beemerdop

Jul 29, 2019
You do have to hold it down all the way, like a bow in critical. If you F3 and the area says ocean, then there's a problem with the biome changer (spatial pylons don't do that automatically). Otherwise if you're holding it down all the way and it's just not working in the forest biome, then The problem is in the research notes.
Thanks, sure enough that was the issue ;)

Shadow_Wasp

Jul 29, 2019
I've also noticed lighting being really rid in caves. Is that something you are aware of or shall I go on?

Yeah it's almost like its day time in the caves almost all the time.

Transmitted from outer reaches of mankind in the realm of space and time.

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's almost like its day time in the caves almost all the time.

Transmitted from outer reaches of mankind in the realm of space and time.
Yeah which in my opinion makes it too easy because you don't have much danger when you go caving.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I do know of this one. It's a little unfortunate, but my guess is that AE doesn't do lighting updates. Probably for the best though, if it did, you'd have major lag everytime you changed the cell.

when I was changing my biomes and stuff they got messed up and a plains biome was nothing it was only the bedrock on the bottom and common forest was maple forest and Ect
Did you press the button without putting the cells back? The spatial system replaces whatever is in the area with whatever is in the cell and vice versa, so if you start with a common forest and move directly to the maple, the common will now be in the maple cell.

this modpack is one of the best i played and it feels good to change the idea of starting a bloody world from scretch why not start a planet i love that but i think i found a bug sometimes when you die without having a bed you spawn on top of the void and causes you to die again i lost my map twice from this bug at least i think it is XD
I got this once earlier. Figured it'd go away if I changed the spawn point to be farther from the edge, but I suppose not. I will look into this. Sorry about the losses.

DaedricLord

Jul 29, 2019
I got this once earlier. Figured it'd go away if I changed the spawn point to be farther from the edge, but I suppose not. I will look into this. Sorry about the losses.[/quote]
i think if you widen the starting area both ways ( up and down and sideways ) should fix it and try to place the spawnpoint a little to closer to the area where you change biomes

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
You should've stored your map in a cell
[/badjoke]
I got this once earlier. Figured it'd go away if I changed the spawn point to be farther from the edge, but I suppose not. I will look into this. Sorry about the losses.
You can use MCedit to change the spawnpoint for the world. That's what I used for Running Red :D

Reactions: Lumaceon

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Just a few impressions suggestions and praises :p
So Grimoire of Gaia: KILL ALL DRYADS (they drop emerald shards sometimes)
Mod suggestion: Simply Jetpacks?
OMGRFLAJDFSIDJ! This pack is really great and I think it definitely has a chance to win :)

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
You can use MCedit to change the spawnpoint for the world. That's what I used for Running Red :D
I've just been directly changing NBT data of the world actually. I suppose MCedit might be better in some cases.

Screenshot time! I dont have a clue how to post them so ill just link my Imgur album.
Hope this works.
Forgot to post the link...

DERP
Here it is http://imgur.com/a/JWwtB
Great progress so far, thanks for the sharing!

Just a few impressions suggestions and praises :p
So Grimoire of Gaia: KILL ALL DRYADS (they drop emerald shards sometimes)
Mod suggestion: Simply Jetpacks?
OMGRFLAJDFSIDJ! This pack is really great and I think it definitely has a chance to win :)
You will definitely need every emerald you can get if you want a swamp-style atmosphere.
Simply jetpacks is interesting, but I think it takes a bit away from IC2.
Thanks very much!

On another note, I confirmed major lag on set 4. Thinking I'll break it into parts.

Shadow_Wasp

Jul 29, 2019
So I've almost finished part 1 of the quests. I'm intrigued to see what will come to be in the other chapters.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
So I've almost finished part 1 of the quests. I'm intrigued to see what will come to be in the other chapters.
Well, for one thing, you stop receiving help from the quest book. It shifts the focus away from "here's what you need to do; here's how to do it," and moves said focus towards, "here's what you need to do: be clever, good luck."
I will avoid spoiling anything for you though.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
Well, for one thing, you stop receiving help from the quest book. It shifts the focus away from "here's what you need to do; here's how to do it," and moves said focus towards, "here's what you need to do: be clever, good luck."
I will avoid spoiling anything for you though.
Yeah I started noticing it because with the first quest line it kinda gives you the basics and then it says "so you have all of the resource production stuff, make a resonant fluxcpacitor" I really like how its structured

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
I've just been directly changing NBT data of the world actually. I suppose MCedit might be better in some cases.

Great progress so far, thanks for the sharing!

You will definitely need every emerald you can get if you want a swamp-style atmosphere.
Simply jetpacks is interesting, but I think it takes a bit away from IC2.
Thanks very much!

On another note, I confirmed major lag on set 4. Thinking I'll break it into parts.
And I see where you are coming from about the jetpacks but It would be nice to have a use like that for the resonant flux capacitors :p
Also what would be a good early game IC2 flight method?

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
And I see where you are coming from about the jetpacks but It would be nice to have a use like that for the resonant flux capacitors :p
Also what would be a good early game IC2 flight method?
I personally think that "early game" and "flight method" are two concepts that really don't go that well together. For the record though, I love the longsword from Tinker's Construct for the lunge. Time it correctly, and you can jump up something like 5 blocks or more.

Back on the jetpack topic, is it really that hard to make an electric jetpack? Sure, they require some glowstone and lapis, but they're really not that far from early game. If I recall correctly, you don't even need the MFE to charge it, just a batbox with a simple generator or the like.