[1.6.4] Crafting Paradise [JamPacked] [HQM]

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Ahh, alright. I had read that, but being the noob I am had no idea what the words in the book meant in relation to the actual game. It is not a massive disappointment that we are unable to make machines in the pylon area, just changes the way the map will be played.
Typically, left-side is the quest description. I completely ignored that 95% of the time and just typed something silly to either make you chuckle, or immediately facepalm and wonder what the heck I was thinking. Right-side is often blank later in the game because you're collecting mass materials and there are multiple ways to do that. Otherwise, it'll detail how you should typically finish the quest.

So far this has been one of my favorite HQM packs mainly because of the reasoning for the quests. I think you did a fantastic job on that part but I noticed some spelling errors. Nothing major, but its kinda annoying. Under The Button "Naturally though, no coorperation...", under This and That..."...the sum of it's parts", and under Renewable Resources "...you leave a giant crator where the world used to be". Also the concept of the micro worlds is quite innovative and a cool take on HQM. Overall i have only completed 61% of ch1 but it's already a pretty amazing pack and look forward to finishing it. Keep up the good work. Also I almost forgot is it intentional that when you die your research gets reset to the ocean and you have to reset it to the current biome to start over again?
Thanks very much, glad you like it. Also big thanks for the spelling/grammar point-outs, I tried my best, but slip-ups will happen without some sort of squiggly red line under there. If you find any more, please let me know.
The research loss is a bug. I thought I had fixed it, but I suppose not, thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to patch that up, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Sooo I think I found a bug :(
I loaded up a lavender fields waterside biome to get materials for TiC smeltery and when I tried to load the common forest again it would just reload the lavender fields waterside chunks.
That's unfortunate, its never happened to me before. If you load the common forest without putting the lavender fields back in it's own cell, like HeilMewTwo said, you'll have a common forest in a lavender fields cell. Maybe that's the problem?

I'll try replicating the bug though.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Looks nice will try[DOUBLEPOST=1406310746][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a suggestion...if you want to have your map generate every time you make a world. You can use Lockdown (mod).

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Looks nice will try[DOUBLEPOST=1406310746][/DOUBLEPOST]I have a suggestion...if you want to have your map generate every time you make a world. You can use Lockdown (mod).
That's a fantastic suggestion, thank you. Having tested lockdown a bit, it does seem to work perfectly with the map, so the next update of Crafting Paradise will probably include it.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
so i found out in one of the last suts sections (the one that has the lootbag as first quest icon) makes a lot of lagg in my questing book and my game

Bearnado123

Jul 29, 2019
So I would suggest maybe putting the world in cheat mode for the next update like Jaded did in AgS. Just in case a quest happens to be bugging or someone prefers to play with keepInventory or mobGriefing.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
So I would suggest maybe putting the world in cheat mode for the next update like Jaded did in AgS. Just in case a quest happens to be bugging or someone prefers to play with keepInventory or mobGriefing.

there are a few cheap but cheaty was to do this for the questbook you do /hqm edit
and to tunr mobgriefin off and stuff just open a local multy player mode but turn cheat mod on and than you can do /gamerule mobgriefing false
the same for keep inventory

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
I considered this. Eventually, I went against it just for the sake of not seeing the "cheats" on the map. If you prefer it that way though, I can change it back to cheats; there's always going to be the occasional break, so it might a good idea.

Would it be alright if i made a let's play for this pack?
Absolutely! I'm pretty sure I have no right to stop you either, but thanks for asking. Keep in mind that it is still in beta, so occasional bugs will likely occur.

svennieke

Jul 29, 2019
I considered this. Eventually, I went against it just for the sake of not seeing the "cheats" on the map. If you prefer it that way though, I can change it back to cheats; there's always going to be the occasional break, so it might a good idea.

why not add a few comandblocks at spawn withe different options like keep inventory ture , keep inventory false or mobgriefing true or fals and maybe one for firespread than 2 than you have the cheast not in your map but the players are still able to modefy it without being able to go in creative and cheat items in

Shadow_Wasp

Jul 29, 2019
Love this pack! I've played for a while now and have about 50% of chapter 1 done. I really like the idea of the placeable and removable chunks! Great work!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lumaceon

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
why not add a few comandblocks at spawn withe different options like keep inventory ture , keep inventory false or mobgriefing true or fals and maybe one for firespread than 2 than you have the cheast not in your map but the players are still able to modefy it without being able to go in creative and cheat items in
Clever, but I'd prefer to just turn cheats on (and I plan to). The truth is that even the most stable of modpacks are prone to those 1 in a million breaks; it's important that those people have the power to fix it. Plus, as you said, some people really like the keepInventory playstyle. Captainsparklez recorded a very clever modded Let's Play series, where he did a number of push-ups based on the value of what he would have lost.

Love this pack! I've played for a while now and have about 50% of chapter 1 done. I really like the idea of the placeable and removable chunks! Great work!
Thanks a lot! I've always loved the spatial storage system from AE.

so i found out in one of the last suts sections (the one that has the lootbag as first quest icon) makes a lot of lagg in my questing book and my game
Sorry, I forgot to address this before. It actually lagged me a little too. Then again, I noticed an abnormal amount of lag from the majority of the questing book in edit mode, are you using that? I'm hoping it's just an edit mode thing, I haven't actually made it past the Crafting Paradise set yet (3rd one). Worst case: I need to break it apart into two sets, which is doable, but not preferable.

Reactions: buggirlexpres

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Good afternoon, etc.

So I would like to say I've completed chapter 1, but it appears that the fully charged energy cell quest is bugged, I can't get it to detect it in my inventory or hotbar. Tbh, I'm fairly certain this is the case with anyone using this item in a HQM environment, so I'm not that surprised.

Lumaceon

Popular Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not Kansas
Good afternoon, etc.

So I would like to say I've completed chapter 1, but it appears that the fully charged energy cell quest is bugged, I can't get it to detect it in my inventory or hotbar. Tbh, I'm fairly certain this is the case with anyone using this item in a HQM environment, so I'm not that surprised.
Oh wow. That's just plain embarrassing. The whole quest is actually, that typo is horrible as well. I'm sorry about that one, that quest really shouldn't have got past me at all and I probably didn't play-test nearly as much as a should have. Probably due to my rush to get it on the launcher by their last upload days before the competition ends (Thursday/Friday).

For now, all I can do is thank you for reporting this (a lot) and recommend you type "/hqm edit" for now to just skip the quest until the next update, which should hopefully be out next Thursday.

I'll edit the main post to alert people, this is a pretty serious oversight on my part, sorry.

beemerdop

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying the pack, I've tried most of the JamPacked public packs and this is one of my favorites. I hadn't seen the Spatial IO port's capabilities before so it was quite impressive to see it used in this manner. I've reached a bit of an impass, but it doesn't sound like others have reported the same issue so I'm probably just derping.
I crafted the research notes, but the first biome, Common Forest, shows up as Ocean when I start researching. Because of this, the research points don't seem to be going up no matter how much I explore.

If anyone can offer some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Good job once again on the pack Lumaceon

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm really enjoying the pack, I've tried most of the JamPacked public packs and this is one of my favorites. I hadn't seen the Spatial IO port's capabilities before so it was quite impressive to see it used in this manner. I've reached a bit of an impass, but it doesn't sound like others have reported the same issue so I'm probably just derping.
I crafted the research notes, but the first biome, Common Forest, shows up as Ocean when I start researching. Because of this, the research points don't seem to be going up no matter how much I explore.

If anyone can offer some assistance I would greatly appreciate it.

Good job once again on the pack Lumaceon
Try holding down right click for a few seconds in the forest and then check.