1.6.2 Packs

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019
so install mo'creatures horses in 1.5 :p

Freakn exactly. Its like some sort of mindless zombie mob where 'brains' is 'update version' and wonder moronically to the next version forgetting that they are playing A PACK MADE OF MODS so adding another mod that is going to give them all the features of 1.6.2 and more would *seem* the logical step to a sane person.

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Freakn exactly. Its like some sort of mindless zombie mob where 'brains' is 'update version' and wonder moronically to the next version forgetting that they are playing A PACK MADE OF MODS so adding another mod that is going to give them all the features of 1.6.2 and more would *seem* the logical step to a sane person.

You forgot the fact that Mo' Creatures' doesn't have a coal storage block.

Thus, 1.6 > Mo' Creatures'.

Don't insult the holy Storage Blocks. Thy unaffectionate mortals who retain disbelief in thy holy Storage Blocks shall be smited.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
Have you notied every recent changes to vanilla are modded stuff?Ender chests, hoppers, horses...etc.

But I have the solution!Put notch back in, and creativitie will be back![DOUBLEPOST=1373563999][/DOUBLEPOST]

Don't insult the holy Storage Blocks. Thy unaffectionate mortals who retain disbelief in thy holy Storage Blocks shall be smited.

And a new texture for charcoal and lapis blocks!

Reactions: PeggleFrank

fergcraft

Jul 29, 2019

true but other mods do even in 1.4.7 he also makes it easy by adding a menu so you can basically turn off what ever creatures you don't want. even in game he added that particular menu so that you can technically just add horses. You can even adjust the spawn rates so you can have as many of one type of mob that you want.

Bigglesworth

Jul 29, 2019

Lol.

I'm very new at modding and even I could make a mod that added that, texture and all.
But I dont have the skill to make that small change magically break 10+ other mods for no sane reason like the official updates like to do.

Maybe I should make a mod whose sole purpose is to change the texture directory?? Thats as close to what they are doing over at Mojang as it gets! They would be sure to hire me after that.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
true but other mods do even in 1.4.7 he also makes it easy by adding a menu so you can basically turn off what ever creatures you don't want. even in game he added that particular menu so that you can technically just add horses. You can even adjust the spawn rates so you can have as many of one type of mob that you want.
I'm very new at modding and even I could make a mod that added that, texture and all.
But I dont have the skill to make that small change magically break 10+ other mods for no sane reason like the official updates like to do.

[SARCASM]---------------------------------------------------------✈

.......................__________________
.......................[ "Huh, wonder what.]
.......................[ that was...".............]
.............O ...-=[_________________]
...........\.|./
.............|
.............|
............/.\
...........You

Crouchingmoose

Jul 29, 2019
Couldn't I also just download the 1.6 mods when they come out and then update the new configs with my old ids and keep my world from blowing up?

Xedearnal

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.5 packs are still in beta testing. 1.6 came out a couple of weeks ago. You need to understand that it takes a shit ton of time to update mods, especially if mod makers have jobs, family, etc. If you CANNOT play 1.5 or 1.4, play Vanilla.[DOUBLEPOST=1373536474][/DOUBLEPOST]

This is ridiculous.

Why? Because I dont like to lose all my progress?

Xedearnal

Jul 29, 2019
The main reason I want 1.6.2 is name tags, not horses or storage blocks. Admittedly carpets are pretty cool too. Though 2 wool to 3 carpets is rather absurd.

Reactions: dgdas9

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
The main reason I want 1.6.2 is name tags, not horses or storage blocks. Admittedly carpets are pretty cool too. Though 2 wool to 3 carpets is rather absurd.

Name tags is the cool thing in 1.6.

Unfortunatly I don't like carpets, I have Immibis('s) microblocks!

Ryiah

Jul 29, 2019
Im sick of having too start over.
The only way I could see of realizing this pipe dream of never having to start a new world is to wait for Mojang to cease all updates to Minecraft.

Personally though I don't understand the concept of never starting over. Eventually you will stop progressing through the game world and will have nothing left to do except build random structures. At that point I have to ask if you wouldn't be better off playing Creative.

Reactions: Poppycocks

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
The only way I could see of realizing this pipe dream of never having to start a new world is to wait for Mojang to cease all updates to Minecraft. Though I don't even understand your thinking regarding Minecraft as a large portion of the gameplay for the current modpacks involves progress. Eventually you will stop progressing with a single world.

So if you're not making progress, it sounds like you're just building one thing after another. May as well be playing Creative as you won't have to go through the trouble of reacquiring everything.
Which however would mean the end for minecraft.