[1.5 and up]StellarCraft- Most of the FTB Mods (AND TE3!) on 1.6.4/1.5.2!

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
Beta 11 indeed.I do most mining in my praire biome mining area but I have gone out of my way and went mining far away, with no luck.

I did some quick searching my own in a test world (creative w/ Tcon hammer) and dug a VERY long tunnel. I found some (very few) and never more in clusters larger than 3.
Diamonds are more common than lapis as far as I can tell from my main world, although they are sitll very uncommon.

(in my main world: found 3 diamonds so far and no lapis. To contrast it, I found 1 iridium ore already)

I did some quarrying, standard sizes in a test world, noted biome, and outcome of the most normal materials (for me at least). All quarries enchanted with Silk touch, so it's ore, not items:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqpehbCNum2kdHdDSWp4OTd2cHFIMjZRTlcxQVdnQ1E

Biome info taken from the F3 overlay.
I do agree, seems something is wrong with the lapis spawn.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
I did some quarrying, standard sizes in a test world, noted biome, and outcome of the most normal materials (for me at least). All quarries enchanted with Silk touch, so it's ore, not items:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqpehbCNum2kdHdDSWp4OTd2cHFIMjZRTlcxQVdnQ1E

Nice work on the spreadsheet!
This definitely confirms my suspicions, although it could still be the biomes. On that note, may I suggest adding a vanilla biome?

I'm looking at the configs but I can't find anything that sets the generation of diamond and lapis that low.
I messed around a bit with the Metallurgy configs and noticed that if I changed the veins per chunk of diamonds to 100 in the Metallurgy config I get diamonds everywhere, but the standard config seems fine.

diamond {
####################
# world gen
####################

"world gen" {
S:Diminsions=0 2-10000
I:"Max Height"=16
I:"Min Height"=0
I:"Vein Chance"=100
I:"Vein Density"=100
I:"Vein Size"=8
I:"Veins Per Chunk"=1

(veins per chunk to 100)

Edit: just noticed Metallurgy configs spells diminsions instead of dimensions. (should matter thoug, afaik)

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any luck with finding lapis? I've been digging a lot and done some automatic mining of a few chunks, but I have not yet come across a single lapis ore.
Hmm... I know Lapis is spawning... maybe GT changes it's rarity due to how much it uses it for higher end recipes?[DOUBLEPOST=1382544278][/DOUBLEPOST]

Nice work on that spreadsheet.

I will look into what could be affecting lapis. We should have our first official "release" of SC3 today with Mystcraft coming out... I'll see if I can fix it up a bit by then.

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
Release today?. Awesome :D

But yeah, i did plan on doing a vanila biome too, but i didn't find one just that easy. For some reason, i keep crashing at random intervals and the log says it's Chickenchunks, but if it were, then all of you would have problems too i guess.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019

But yeah, i did plan on doing a vanila biome too, but i didn't find one just that easy. For some reason, i keep crashing at random intervals and the log says it's Chickenchunks, but if it were, then all of you would have problems too i guess.

Well... I may not want to promise today since I have to do testing after I get the new Mystcraft... I also need to work on the XML documents to get it on the ATLauncher. But hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and it may not just be you having issues with Chunk loaders. Try railcraft ones for the time being.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
u3WeAuf.png

Made progress with the ATLauncher... hopefully we shall have a release very soon :D

Barend

Jul 29, 2019

Think that indeed an issue, It is also present on Forgecraft 2&3 (see direwolf20 videos)

Well... I may not want to promise today since I have to do testing after I get the new Mystcraft... I also need to work on the XML documents to get it on the ATLauncher. But hopefully later today or tomorrow.

Edit: Oh, and it may not just be you having issues with Chunk loaders. Try railcraft ones for the time being.

Mystcraft being added would be tottally awesome! I'll be waiting for the update!

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019

Thing is, i'm not using any. It just randomly crashes.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Here's how I see things going. Mystcraft for 1.6.4 just came out... so, tonight I hope to have a release candidate out with some more updates. As long as it works fine, then in 1-3 days I should have the pack live on the ATLauncher and then the FTB Launcher whenever possible.

Aikoto

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, Thanks, this mod pack is just what my GF and I was looking for.

I do have a single question.
When ever i create a world, the ore generation for tin and copper is really low (I find 20 times more iron). Is this how it should be, or should it be more common like other packs, where tin/copper is just a common as iron?

And again thanks!, looking forward to the update with mystcraft.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
First of all, Thanks, this mod pack is just what my GF and I was looking for.

I do have a single question.
When ever i create a world, the ore generation for tin and copper is really low (I find 20 times more iron). Is this how it should be, or should it be more common like other packs, where tin/copper is just a common as iron?

And again thanks!, looking forward to the update with mystcraft.

The copper in this pack is generated by Metallurgy, due to the fact that we were using TE before as well... I may throw in Copper and Tin generation from either Forestry or IC2 in the next update to help even things out a bit.

EDIT: Will be adding Forestry ore gen in RC1

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
The copper in this pack is generated by Metallurgy, due to the fact that we were using TE before as well... I may throw in Copper and Tin generation from either Forestry or IC2 in the next update to help even things out a bit.

Why not increase spawn rate in the metallurgy configs?
I did some quick testing and it seems to work.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
What did you increase it to?
I just messed around a bit and increased veins per chunk by 10 (so to 120 iirc) and there was copper everywhere.
So increase of factor 10 is definitely overkill, but I guess that is just a balancing issue.

Point your mc instance to this -> config ->metallurgy3 -> base

standard config
"world gen" {
I:"Dungeon Loot Amount"=6
I:"Dungeon Loot Chance"=120
I:"Max Height"=128
I:"Vein Size"=6
I:"Veins Per Chunk"=12
}

possible config
"world gen" {
I:"Veins Per Chunk"=120
}

for illustration purposes: http://imgur.com/8AyfE3v (disregard potion effect)
Testworld I made, I could see this cave on spawn. When digging I find even more.[DOUBLEPOST=1382633259][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just messed around a bit and increased veins per chunk by 10 (so to 120 iirc) and there was copper everywhere.
So increase of factor 10 is definitely overkill, but I guess that is just a balancing issue.

standard config
"world gen" {
}

possible config
"world gen" {
}

Testworld I made, I could see this cave on spawn. When digging I find even more.
Keep in mind that they would be veins, consisting of ~6 ores.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019

standard config
"world gen" {
}

possible config
"world gen" {
}

Testworld I made, I could see this cave on spawn. When digging I find even more.[DOUBLEPOST=1382633259][/DOUBLEPOST]
Keep in mind that they would be veins, consisting of ~6 ores.

I don't know if I'm going to do quite 120- but I might increase it to 20 like Iron

CrazyNinja0

Jul 29, 2019
I downloaded the latest version of sc3 and im sill getting this issue with the Forge Hammer from ic2. as you can see from the picture i was able to make one iron plate but it is the railcraft version. Then after making it i can no longer make anymore plates.

Attachments

• IC2 hammer erroor.png
    IC2 hammer erroor.png
    772.5 KB · Views: 77