[1.5 and up]StellarCraft- Most of the FTB Mods (AND TE3!) on 1.6.4/1.5.2!

Morrigi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting some kind of bizarre loop when the launcher tries to download Thaumcraft. When I download it, it's not recognizing that the file has been downloaded so it sends me back to the download page. Going to do a bit of testing.

EDIT: Found the problem. The download link is for Thaumcraft 4.0.4c and the one the launcher wants is 4.0.3a. I just renamed the file and it downloaded. Now to see if it actually works.

EDIT2: No crash on startup.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
I'm getting some kind of bizarre loop when the launcher tries to download Thaumcraft. When I download it, it's not recognizing that the file has been downloaded so it sends me back to the download page. Going to do a bit of testing.

EDIT: Found the problem. The download link is for Thaumcraft 4.0.4c and the one the launcher wants is 4.0.3a. I just renamed the file and it downloaded. Now to see if it actually works.

EDIT2: No crash on startup.
Ooh, I'll have to fix that. Didn't realize there was a thaumcraft update.

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue trying to update my world from 3.0.2 to 3.0.6, It seems i'm having a conflict between Extracells and Gregtech:

After updating, all my gregtech dusts have bugged out and seems to be replaced with "unnamed" from Extracells. If i try to pick it put from my ME system, it will crash the client.
Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfs4zqqhq1inigq/2013-11-13_15.38.56.png

I've tried removing extracells, loading the world, and then readding it. But it ends up the same.
Pastebin for the crash:
http://pastebin.com/V3TD6rED

Any tips? :)

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having an issue trying to update my world from 3.0.2 to 3.0.6, It seems i'm having a conflict between Extracells and Gregtech:

After updating, all my gregtech dusts have bugged out and seems to be replaced with "unnamed" from Extracells. If i try to pick it put from my ME system, it will crash the client.
Screenshot:

I've tried removing extracells, loading the world, and then readding it. But it ends up the same.
Pastebin for the crash:

I've been having issues as well. Nearly every chest of miscellanious things that I try to open crashes my game (same crash log as you)

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019

Screenshot:

Pastebin for the crash:

I've been having issues as well. Nearly every chest of miscellanious things that I try to open crashes my game (same crash log as you)

It sounds like it's an issue with Gregtech's unification. Make sure you have updated your GregTech normal mode configs (since it sounds like you aren't using the ones default in the pack).

However, the mod developer plans to fix it soon.

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like it's an issue with Gregtech's unification. Make sure you have updated your GregTech normal mode configs (since it sounds like you aren't using the ones default in the pack).

However, the mod developer plans to fix it soon.

Im using the new V4 gregtech configs from your site.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I guess that means we are just going to have to wait for an update from the ExtraCells dev. idk :/

Sorry about this! Not much I can do.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Just want to put this out there (I know a lot of you like GregTech and don't want to remove it), but if you decide you want to:
Im using the new V4 gregtech configs from your site.
Try out version 3.0.7 and let me know if it fixes the issues. I got an update from the extracells dev.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
Pushed an update to the ATLauncher that allows Thermal Expansion 3 to be added. You can get it from the website- but you will have to manually download TE3 that way. Once it is out of beta, it will be default in the pack.

Just a reminder- follow us on twitter for updates https://twitter.com/stellarcraftmc

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
Pushed an update to the ATLauncher that allows Thermal Expansion 3 to be added. You can get it from the website- but you will have to manually download TE3 that way. Once it is out of beta, it will be default in the pack.

Just a reminder- follow us on twitter for updates https://twitter.com/stellarcraftmc

May I ask what it was that had to be changed in order to allow TE3 to run?
I have not updated yet (not on atlauncher, I just use the site) because the last update crashed things big time. Mainly TC4 but also gregtech last update I tried.
However, I tried to install TE3 and it crashed.
So do I have to update my version of the pack (which I'll do if necessary) or can I do something else to let TE3 function?

Ps: should I get TE3 cclib or without?

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
I have, what may be an odd question.

How much RAM does your SC3 servers use?

Back when i played FTB Ultimate, and even later when i played FTB Unleashed, i rarely had my server go over 1.5 GB of RAM. Now with SC3, i upgraded my 2GB server to a 3GB because it keept maxing out and shutting down, and uhm.. it's doing it again now, at 3GB.

Is that normal?, if not, what can i do to fix it?.

The server maxes out at 3GB in as little as 30 min of play, with 3 players online. We have 2 chicken chunk loaders up, but they are not covering much. I also have a Ender thermic pump in the nether, which have a buildt in chunk loader. But we used to use way more than 3 on the other packs.

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
May I ask what it was that had to be changed in order to allow TE3 to run?
I have not updated yet (not on atlauncher, I just use the site) because the last update crashed things big time. Mainly TC4 but also gregtech last update I tried.
However, I tried to install TE3 and it crashed.
So do I have to update my version of the pack (which I'll do if necessary) or can I do something else to let TE3 function?

Ps: should I get TE3 cclib or without?
Which update caused issues for you? Because, the only Thaumcraft issues should be item ids- and I fixed a major GregTech crash 2 updates ago. If you still don't want to update, you need to update BoP, Misc. Peripherals, and then tinker around with the BoP ids. Oh, and I believe Gregtech had an item id conflict i then had to fix.

I have, what may be an odd question.

How much RAM does your SC3 servers use?

Back when i played FTB Ultimate, and even later when i played FTB Unleashed, i rarely had my server go over 1.5 GB of RAM. Now with SC3, i upgraded my 2GB server to a 3GB because it keept maxing out and shutting down, and uhm.. it's doing it again now, at 3GB.

Is that normal?, if not, what can i do to fix it?.

The server maxes out at 3GB in as little as 30 min of play, with 3 players online. We have 2 chicken chunk loaders up, but they are not covering much. I also have a Ender thermic pump in the nether, which have a buildt in chunk loader. But we used to use way more than 3 on the other packs.

My private server that I use for bug testing+the occasional playing has 4GB of ram- and it's probably way to much. I never get anywhere near maxing it out- for SC2 I had only 2GB of ram and I think that was too little. Both of these servers have had around 2-4 people on at one time.

flashb4nged

Jul 29, 2019
So i wanted to try TE 3, runnig the Pack with all opt-in Mods with the AT-Launcher, but
I can't pulverize any obsidian in the pulverizer or melt redstone in the magma crucible.

If i try just with TE 3 and the necessary mods it runs just fine, so it may be a mod incompatibility or a config issue.

Completly unrelated, but metallurgy ores are not generating in mystcraft ages. Changing
Code:
S:Diminsions=0 2-100000
to
Code:
S:Diminsions=0-0 2-100000
in the Metallurgy config seems to fix it.

Last edited:

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/HuLVYhEN

Can anybody make sense of this crash report?

(I didn't yet add TE3 btw)

Right. First of all, i don't really have a clue, but i looked over the report and it caught my eye that you seem to be on a older version of the pack. As the report in the start seems to be connected with Mystcraft, you might consider updating to 3.0.7 where mystcraft have also been updated. I had a lot of issues with the version you're running, i crashed both client and server every time i tried to go to an age. But i don't remember my crash report from back then.

Also. I don't really know if it makes any difference, but your Java is outdated. :)

Barend

Jul 29, 2019
Right. First of all, i don't really have a clue, but i looked over the report and it caught my eye that you seem to be on a older version of the pack. As the report in the start seems to be connected with Mystcraft, you might consider updating to 3.0.7 where mystcraft have also been updated. I had a lot of issues with the version you're running, i crashed both client and server every time i tried to go to an age. But i don't remember my crash report from back then.

Also. I don't really know if it makes any difference, but your Java is outdated. :)

Thanks I will try that. I had issues updating the pack but I'll try again in the weekend. I'll just update mystcraft for now and see how it goes.

And I had no idea my java was outdated. Will take a look into that (had some 32 bit-64 bit issues regarding java and minecraft in ftb)

Thanks for your help and the quick response!

Harirson Grothoff

Jul 29, 2019
I just want to thank everyone who has been helping others with crashes/issues. I've been dealing with some other stuff this week... and will resume doing normal updates soon.

Barend

Jul 29, 2019

Hey thanks, updating mystcraft did it :)
This problem arose yesterday for some reason and had been crashing my world within the 1st 5 minutes into the game. Have been playing for 20 minutes now and there has been no problems.

Thanks again, I feared losing my world but it's fixed now thanks to you

Shadowsilver

Jul 29, 2019
Hey thanks, updating mystcraft did it :)
This problem arose yesterday for some reason and had been crashing my world within the 1st 5 minutes into the game. Have been playing for 20 minutes now and there has been no problems.

Thanks again, I feared losing my world but it's fixed now thanks to you

My pleasure ^^.

killrbladez

Jul 29, 2019
Wait, why do you have both Gregtech AND Tinkerer's construct in the pack? I thought Greg said he doesn't want his mod in the same modpack as one that has Tinkerer's Construct.