[1.5.2] Thaumic Tinkerer V1.0.8 Research Cheat Sheet

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Doubtful. The arcane ear paired with a note block can act as close-range wireless redstone, something that's been lacking recently. It also allows for instant-wire, if used correctly.
That is... wow...
If using many could it act as long range wireless? Or does it not work through unloaded chunks...

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
That is... wow...
If using many could it act as long range wireless? Or does it not work through unloaded chunks...

It won't work through unloaded chunks, although it might be possible to stretch the range to the limit and transmit a redstone signal every other chunk.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Well if we're getting rid of Sonus, why not Tempus?
I don't think we're getting rid of anything?
That is up to the dev.

EDIT:
Also we can't lose Tempus, that would mean the entire branch of Doctor Who themed bees in the Thaumic Bees mod would get removed too!!!?!

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Arcane Ear? Joe Hills on You Tube had an awesome use. He was using them to control his airship instead of wireless redstone so he didn't have frequency problems.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
Arcane Ear? Joe Hills on You Tube had an awesome use. He was using them to control his airship instead of wireless redstone so he didn't have frequency problems.
Wouldn't that limit the airship to work only in a small area?

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
No, he had them setup on the frames themselves, within range of the ears, so that as a timer hit the note block, the ear would hear it and run the motors in the proper direction.

A youtube Video:

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
No, he had them setup on the frames themselves, within range of the ears, so that as a timer hit the note block, the ear would hear it and run the motors in the proper direction.

A youtube Video:
Ah I see, cool!

Rune Thanatos
Research: Vinculum - Potentia - Mortuus
Required Research: Warded Chest
Recipe: [ x ]
Nature: Handheld Item Loss Prevention
Description: By studying Death itself, you found a way of making use of the powers of item storage you learned from creating Warded Chests, and made a way to secure your belongings upon death.
When you die with this item on you. All that you are carrying gets stored in it. The rune will then stay where you died, it's invulnerable, and doesn't despawn. When you come back to get it, your inventory will get reorganized to it's original state before death, as best as possible. The rune will shatter in the process.
Does anyone know if this is user specific?
Like what if someone who isn't the original owner goes near it?

I love you too.
lol

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know if this is user specific?
Like what if someone who isn't the original owner goes near it?
I'mma be honest I haven't a clue. I've only researched everything in the thaumonomicon and jotted it all down, I don't know how a lot of this stuff works outside of my own little experiments.
Best answer I could give you is try it on a server and find out for yourself.

felinoel

Jul 29, 2019
I'mma be honest I haven't a clue. I've only researched everything in the thaumonomicon and jotted it all down, I don't know how a lot of this stuff works outside of my own little experiments.
Best answer I could give you is try it on a server and find out for yourself.
HAHAHAHAHA YESSSSS!
Yes it does only work for the user who died holding it!!!

Now I can feel safe again and stop assembling an entire inventory full of warded glass to encase my house in lol

Reactions: Succubism

Bastian-Bux

Jul 29, 2019
Little problem with the gaseous glowstone: it stops trees from growing. So the perfect light source for a treefarm is ... the perfect way to break the tree farm :D

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Makes sense I suppose. It's basically plopping down a lot of invisible light sources that your cross-hair looks through. Trees can't grow around non-vacant area.