1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dakamojo

Jul 29, 2019
Suppose I should throw this tool I've been working on a for while out there:

https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzer

I was looking at your project and its very interesting. Have you considered creating a repository of the analysis files for each mod by version? Once the analysis file has been created for a specific build of a mod with default config, there is no reason to create a new version is there?

But very impressive.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
I have managed to get a relatively stable 1.5.1 pack with 86 mods including most of universal electricity and logistic pipes

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I have IC2 and quite a few addons installed into it including chargepads advanced solars and gregtech but I disabled it after a while I wanted it to be more fun than complex

twomoredays

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any success in getting Dartcraft to play nicely with a 1.5.2 pack? It's one of the reasons I'm interested in making my own pack, so it's disappointing to not be able to get it to work.

Also, running into problems with Modular Power Suits, but not really attached to that one. I'm using Biomes O' Plenty, but otherwise pretty much sticking to the 1.5.2 list in the original post.

Gr3n

Jul 29, 2019
Suppose I should throw this tool I've been working on a for while out there:

https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzer

It may be somewhat more difficult to setup (requires Python, but if you've setup Forge for development you already have Python) and to use, but its design has some interesting advantages.

Basically, it works by first analyzing each mod in isolation. You place all the mods you want to use in the "allmods" directory, run the modanalyzer script, then it quickly iterates over each, runs a temporary Minecraft instance, and injects an analyzer mod to dump the "contents" of the mod under analysis.

Then you can run modlist, and it will show you a list of all the contents of all the mods, per identifier. This includes not only the usual blocks and item IDs, but also biomes, enchantments, and even crafting recipes (first tool I'm aware of to identify these other types of conflicts, though hopefully not the last). You can import this list into a spreadsheet to see all of the assigned IDs and then move them around by hand if you'd like.

Haven't seen the item reporter Perl script before, though it does look quite nifty, this is a possible real problem:

In contrast since ModAnalyzer dynamically analyzes the mods, starting them up and then dumping their IDs after they've loaded, it guarantees you'll get the real IDs. It will even dump IDs not in the configuration files (some mods do not offer configurable item IDs, for example, so conflicts can be cumbersome to identify and resolve otherwise). Not Enough Items' ID dumps can also be used for a similar purpose, but ModAnalyzer is fully automated.

MA can automate this tedious task for you. In addition to saving a 'mod analysis dump', it'll also stashes the defaults configs for each mod. Usually I take the default config, check it into version control, then make my conflict resolution changes.

However I've also included an experimental automatic resolution script. Run modresolve, then it'll edit the configs picking the next free IDs, trying to resolve the conflicts. Not all conflicts can be resolved automatically, since some mods have unrecognizable config file formats. But I do handle the aforementioned case of "unshifted" (or "shifted", I always forget which is which) IDs in the config file, by special-casing mods with this behavior:

If anyone knows of any other mods to list here, let me know or better yet feel free to submit a pull request to ModAnalyzer on GitHub. I've had to add a fair amount of mod-specific compatibility since some mods have errors in their mcmod.info which prevent proper analysis or otherwise require special handling. But all in all, it works fairly well in my experience.

So in summary, MA can be a great help in getting tons of mods to play nice together. I've been personally using it for a while now (about a month), though mainly for the analysis and config generation rather than automatic resolution, so I can assign IDs in contiguous ranges (MA does support matching IDs from existing configs using NEI item dumps, but it is not 100% since some modders change their item names between versions so they can't be reliably matched up). Got tired of the whole "load up all your mods, wait forever, watch it crash and burn, fix and repeat" brute-force trial-and-error approach, wanted to make something easier; not perfect but this is what I've came up with. Also unlike IDResolver it doesn't load while you're playing the game so it should avoid some of the compatibility problems mentioned above.

With the help of ModAnalyzer I was able to get 100+ mods to work together without much effort. Hopefully someone else will find it useful as I have.
This is really awesome, thank you! By the way, just because someone has set up a forge development environment doesn't mean they have python working. Forge has a batch file for windows that also runs it so anyone who uses windows for coding likely doesn't have python.

twomoredays

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone had any success in getting Dartcraft to play nicely with a 1.5.2 pack? It's one of the reasons I'm interested in making my own pack, so it's disappointing to not be able to get it to work.

Also, running into problems with Modular Power Suits, but not really attached to that one. I'm using Biomes O' Plenty, but otherwise pretty much sticking to the 1.5.2 list in the original post.

I spoke too soon. I think it was crashing because I hadn't yet installed NEI or ChickenCore - seems fine now. Still running into problems with MPS, though.

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah modular power suits is giving me a lot of issues but I have installed all the other UE mods besides fluid mechanics it's also giving me problems

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019
If you are having problems with mods in 1.5.2 try using an older forge version, build 690 made a change that caused problems for some mods, specifically CodeChickenCore, their may be others. Also MPS is a 1.5.1 version, not 1.5.2 so that may be why you are having problems with it.

southernfriedbb

Jul 29, 2019

Make sure you have NEI and CodeChickenCore Working. Last I checked the problem I mentioned with forge will affect dartcraft use version 689. Also not sure if he has gotten the issue with IC2 straightened out.

twomoredays

Jul 29, 2019
I went through and weeded out Ars Magica since it seemed to be causing a hangup on world gen. Does anyone know the process for making it play nicely with other mods?

Then the only other thing I'm running into is this error: 2013-05-17 11:56:28 [WARNING] [NEIPlugins] Detected liquid 8500:2 with invalid itemID in "NEIPlugins_Forge.addLiquidContainerSubset() for filled liquid container 1xitem.tb.capsule.void@14 (26372:0)"

It looks like an ID conflict of some sort, but I can't find anything with that item number. Any thoughts?

This is my list of mods I have installed currently:

Forge 689
CodeChickenCore 8.6.6
CofH Core 1.5.2.1
NEI 1.5.2.13
PowerCrystals Core 1.4.1-96

Applied Energistics
BiblioCraft 1.2.3
Biomes O'Plenty 0.5.3
Buidcraft 3.5.3 (30)
ChickenChunks 1.3.2.7
Dartcraft 0.1.13
Enderstorage 1.4.2.6
Extra Bees 1.6 pre7
Factorization 7.37
Forestry 2.2.2 (511)
GraviGun 1.5.0v2
iChunutil 1.0.1
IC2 1.115.311
InvTweaks 1.54b
IronChest 5.2.6.412
MFR 2.6B1
Natura 2.0
Omnitools 3.1.3.0
Portalgun 1.5.1
Railcraft 7.1.0.0
Steves Carts 2.0a114
Thaumcraft 3.05a
ThaumicBees 1.4.7 (184)
Twilight Forest 1.18
Thermal Expansion 2.4.2
Tinker's Construct 1.3
Rei's Minimap 3.3.06

(I was using NEI Plugins 1.08.7 - uninstalled it because I kept getting that error)

DrRed

Jul 29, 2019
Can people please post the ID conflicts that they are having? It will help others who are working out kinks too.

Katrinya

Jul 29, 2019
While searching for the recipe for an item card in NEI, I had a crash with the following log:

[SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Item Lookup Failed! This should never happen!

No idea what went wrong, but I found the phraseology amusing.