1.5.1 Beta Pack: Are U Looking Forward To It?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
We don't know everything that'll be in the pack but the updated mods that are a the cores of Ultimate, DW20 & Mindcrack like BC, TE, Forestry & IC2 will undoubtedly be there. We know Tinkers Construct and Mine Factory Reloaded will be included. I feel that MFR is going to be utilized a lot more in the 1.5 build with the expanded farms and its ability to replace soul shards as a method of mob farming. TE is slated to have tons of liquids flowing, Forestry has new things for us and we just don't know what new mods could possibly be bundled.

So how many people are going to give the Beta a shot? I know I've done my best to salvage my Mindcrack world and port it to Ultimate (thanks to patient Ash!) but i'm ready for something new.

I know people have talked heavily about upcoming features and others are using the available updated mods on their custom packs, but will you run two worlds and sample the new content? Are you just going to wait for 1.6?

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I certainly would like to try it. My current ultimate world has gotten a bit stale for me so yeah I'm ready for a fresh start. I'm also looking forward to having to do some things differently since it won't have every mod from the older packs.

I'm certainly not going to wait around for 1.6 since who knows how long that will be. Besides I will just make a new world whenever that happens. I know I'm terrible that i don't stay in one world for very long, once I reach a certain point I tend to get bored and want to start over.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I am already playing 1.5.1 and basically every mod has gotten way better. You should be looking forward to it.

You should also hope that FTB decides to expand on the world generation mods. Even if they don't pick BoP over EBXL, several new options are opening up in worldgen and Underground Biomes is almost definitely a net positive. We should also strongly lobby for Immibis Microblocks; it can work on any block!

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I am already playing 1.5.1 and basically every mod has gotten way better. You should be looking forward to it.

You should also hope that FTB decides to expand on the world generation mods. Even if they don't pick BoP over EBXL, several new options are opening up in worldgen and Underground Biomes is almost definitely a net positive. We should also strongly lobby for Immibis Microblocks; it can work on any block!
I really want to put together a 1.5.1 pack too but I'm really lazy so it may take me just as long as the FTB beta. lol :D

Reactions: MisterCreeperr

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, been waiting to restart main server for a while now and kinda have to stick to a modpack as I make my world downloadable, been on my own since ultimate beta because chumps I play with didn't want to restart then and I wanted to try a let's play.

Fresh version, fresh start. It will be fun :)

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019

Guarantee no UB in FTB unless it stops interfering with Rocky bee spawns. Not unless Slow gets rid of Jaded and Morv.

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
You folks putting together your own 1.5.1 pack, can I ask how you are doing it? Specifically, are you just making your own Minecraft folder copy.. or are you using some specific software to do 'virtual instances' of MC? Please let us know!

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
Let me see if I can help you out there.
Thank you for your help. I probably wont be able to try to install the mods until much later but I'm currently trying to download all the mods. That is proving to be very tedious indeed, but that FTB Pack Comparison spreadsheet is helping a lot.

Now I'm curious do you have to edit the configs a lot to make things work properly?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
You folks putting together your own 1.5.1 pack, can I ask how you are doing it? Specifically, are you just making your own Minecraft folder copy.. or are you using some specific software to do 'virtual instances' of MC? Please let us know!

I use multi-mc and a lot of work in my terminal. I've softlinked my client build to my multimc "instances" folder so I can do rapid testing on the client side. I use git for version control.

Matthew83

Jul 29, 2019
I use multi-mc and a lot of work in my terminal. I've softlinked my client build to my multimc "instances" folder so I can do rapid testing on the client side. I use git for version control.
whoa, everything you wrote went way over my head. Though I do know about multimc, so that is good. o_O

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I don't know anything about adding mods myself otherwise I'd be using my own pack already.

Is the modular powersuit mod functional with TE yet? If it is then I'm really going to look forward to the Beta, no need at all for IC2.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I don't know anything about adding mods myself otherwise I'd be using my own pack already.

Is the modular powersuit mod functional with TE yet? If it is then I'm really going to look forward to the Beta, no need at all for IC2.

You can't charge off buildcraft power yet. This is supposedly gated on KingLemming.[DOUBLEPOST=1366741487][/DOUBLEPOST]
Glad I'm not the only one!

I know about Github, but.. "using it for version control"? *WOOSH* Way over my head.

I update my modpack then check that snapshot into git. This way if I bjork something I can roll back.

It is not the most efficient use of git or github. But I pay them money so you know what? They can take it right up the AWS S3 bill.

Reactions: Barbarian Kitten

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Then King Lemming is keeping IC2 alive. There'd be no need for it if MPS was powered by BC energy.

Redweevil

Jul 29, 2019
Then King Lemming is keeping IC2 alive. There'd be no need for it if MPS was powered by BC energy.

Eh...I disagree. I'm not a great fan of MPS, but until TE adds tools IC2 is always gonna be useful. Oh and jetpacks/lasers

Vaygrim

Jul 29, 2019
I rarely build IC2 machines anymore, just the tools (and a little bit of a power system to charge the tools).