1.5.1 Beta Pack: Are U Looking Forward To It?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, yes it is. Consider me an MFR devotee. All hail PowerCrystals :p
I was falling for it in the ultimate 1.4.7 pack but with the nerfs in other mods right now, its like some mod developers are doing everything in their power to make sure no one uses their mod anymore. The options PowerCrystals offers and its true solutions to a lot of recently invented problems is making it, IMO anyways, the 1 mod to offer a way around problems we're facing and a real option to have cool gadgets without too much mucking about with other overly complicated and self serving mods.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, there's been a continual cycle of players finding some ingenious way of generating lots of power, which some think is great and others cry is OP, followed by nerfs, causing lack of interest in using those features, resulting in players looking elsewhere and finding some other method of generating power...

Reactions: Whovian and RedBoss

Rakankrad

Jul 29, 2019
I never played with MFR before 1.5.1 .. I figured I'd make a test world to try out the newly released mods since I was bored with 1.4.7 generation, and MFR seemed like a good automatic farming mod. After I started, I couldn't stop using it.. The only thing i kinda dislike is the amount of space it takes to make a good infrastructure.

Reactions: RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I never played sports games but for some reason I really liked playing NBA live 98 on the playstation 1. Most of my friends played sports but I didn't. They loved playing Live 98 with me (blowing me out) until I learned how to NOT play basketball, and to play the game. I learned that instead of trying to realistically run screens and plays, I could use the ball stealing mechanics and run mechanics to almost perfectly steal the ball, literally at will, and run down the court and dunk. I never took perimeter shots, only dunks. I never passed, I only used Tim Hardaway. And I began blowing the jocks out by 40+ points flawlessly.

That's what SOME people do with games. They intuitively see the code, not the construct. Its not an "exploit" its just the path they see open. They aren't trying to seem over powered, they just see things differently.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
That's what SOME people do with games. They intuitively see the code, not the construct. Its not an "exploit" its just the path they see open. They aren't trying to seem over powered, they just see things differently.

I can't see how anybody would find enjoyment in something you can do "literally at will". The human psyche recognizes challenge as achievement, not things so easy they are "literally at will"

Reactions: Lambert2191

SteveTech

Jul 29, 2019
I can't see how anybody would find enjoyment in something you can do "literally at will". The human psyche recognizes challenge as achievement, not things so easy they are "literally at will"
The true pleasure lies in the outrage of the other players, their pleas for mercy and their bargaining for access to your hidden knowledge.

CovertJaguar

Jul 29, 2019
Correct. Then again, since CovertJaguar has never approached me about this ever in any way, it's hard to come to an armistice when it was never expressed as an issue. He's welcome to sit in the background and dislike TE, and that's fine. I'm more than willing to work with him, if he'd ever talk to me about these things.

Nerf to wood planks? That's news to me. Where did this rumor come from? I've seen it spreading all over FTB, but I certainly didn't start it.