[1.2.9][Launcher]Play Offline option broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Major Cooke

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to play offline when the internet connection is out attempts to launch minecraft, but then does nothing else. The dialogue box doesn't disappear. Closing it doesn't do anything else either for the game to boot up. This is with 1.2.9 on the FTB Launcher.

Major Cooke

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, not sure what's going on here. I just know it's stopping me from being able to use FTB launcher properly at all.

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
The offline feature may have been broken in the update.

You could try grabbing MultiMC 5 and run it through that if it still has an offline mode. The only problem with that you would have to do it again when the pack updates.

If you want to try it then grab it from here. Just type a nickname then click connect and the download links are at the top of the page. These are test builds though and may have bugs etc.

Raider

Jul 29, 2019
Attempting to play offline when the internet connection is out attempts to launch minecraft, but then does nothing else. The dialogue box doesn't disappear. Closing it doesn't do anything else either for the game to boot up. This is with 1.2.9 on the FTB Launcher.
if i am not a premium can i still play offline ftb

jp21

Jul 29, 2019
other people are playing smp dw20 1.6.4, yet mine wont work offline...people say they have it working. so its obv not a simple update for the launcher, there was a recent launcher update anyways

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Make sure that they mean 1.6.4 and not the 1.5.x packs. If they do mean the 1.6.4 packs then it could be an issue that is not with the launcher. We are just trying to help here.

jp21

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone find a resolution to why dw20 1.6.4 mod-pack will not work with out a connection, after loading it at least once with a connection; same problem with magicfarm2

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Any fix for this, I'm leaving for 3 weeks during Christmas vacations and were I go, there's no internet anywhere (even google doesn't know that place exist so that gives you an idea), I need to be able to launch the pack Offline, we bring the server with us and play on a mega lan with a lot of people (usually we are around 15 with a computer at my uncle house in his basement) Please tell me there's something that can be done.

Nerixel

Jul 29, 2019
Any fix for this, I'm leaving for 3 weeks during Christmas vacations and were I go, there's no internet anywhere (even google doesn't know that place exist so that gives you an idea), I need to be able to launch the pack Offline, we bring the server with us and play on a mega lan with a lot of people (usually we are around 15 with a computer at my uncle house in his basement) Please tell me there's something that can be done.
It's something that has to be fixed in the code, there is no way of editing or deleting a few files and it'll fix it.
If they are able, the launcher devs will release an update that fixes this problem, but they are extremely busy making the new launcher, which will hopefully have all these bugs fixed.

Satyr

Jul 29, 2019
lol i go to mcdonalds and get a quick wifi access and then launch the ftb connect then leave. thats the closest thing to playing legit that i get. its frustrating not being able to play off line. Thank you guys for working on the new launcher i cant wait. like the admins said patience and it will come. Remember folks they work off of donations and they are working hard to give you something free fun.

Reactions: lavarthan

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
issue has been fixed and will be in the next build that will come out as soon as its tested

Reactions: lavarthan
Status
Not open for further replies.