[1.2.5 Insanity] What do you consider cheating?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
they work efficiently but at an rate, and nothing should be infinitly dupable.

By the way adib, I know English is not your first language, It is not mine either. But I'll give you a hint here;

If the next word has a consonent. it's "a" if it has a vowel, it's "an"
a Potato, an Apple
please dont double post, mehh stop correcting me peoplez x.x

please don't mini-mod and take advices when people give them to you, they'll stop correcting you;

moreover, I usually "edit" my posts, you don't have to tell 'me' to not double post. the previous post was just getting large enough as is and this was completely out of that context because you have the nack of making posts that are out of the topic just to up your post count.

on a bit more related to the topic; you understood what I meant now, Icount?

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said:
OK so I suppose I should comment on this. Technically the blaze rod 'exploit' the bones and a couple of the other methods where one is effectively creating EMC in a mothod that allows you to create infinte loops. However this is essentially for single player and co-op so if you feel that blaze rods is fun for you then unless you are attempting some sort of record run then I would say go for it. Personally I dont like using macerators for EMC, however milking cows endlessly is OK with me. Its a fine line between the 2 I know, but one I do not want to cross personally.

In the future this will not be an issue as we can change the EMC values to correct for things like macerated items in EE3. However we already took steps to actually fix this in insanity. The maps length is no longer governed bu how fast you can generate EMC, its now more about the creation of infrastructure. Its fine making 15 million EMC an hour, you still have to spend it to complete the map and thats where our balance comes in. (yes we had these discussions a long time ago :).

Okay awesome slowpoke, thanks for the reply. I noticed someone did use one of my posts from the MC forum to reference what you considered cheating, but I wasn't sure if you meant it as a dupe bug or just unfair advantage if playing on a versus map style. Clarification is awesome :) Thanks slow

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
the problem isn't the machine, it's the EMC value.

So, as I've always held, the problem is with EE, and it's ability to make something out of nothing. Not IC2 and the macerator.

I never said the problem was with IC2, I said the problem was with the "infinite loop"

--edit--
anyways, now I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. or at least from what I understand on what you understand.

MrSphex

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
ICountFrom0 said:
the problem isn't the machine, it's the EMC value.

So, as I've always held, the problem is with EE, and it's ability to make something out of nothing. Not IC2 and the macerator.

I never said the problem was with IC2, I said the problem was with the "infinite loop"

--edit--
anyways, now I'm glad we're on the same wavelength. or at least from what I understand on what you understand.

I have the same idea in my head too. I'm hoping EE3 is a lot better balanced in terms of item creation and the way EMC values are in place if they still use them (Like the fact it bugs me you can turn non-block items into blocks that technically shouldn't exist. Turning 1 diamond into 8192 pieces of cobble if you wanted to is just so...ehh)

welshtony

Jul 29, 2019
I myself consider spawning any item in as cheating, using any game mode rather than survival and exploiting any glitch it has to your advantage.
Such as the cobble stone to half slab and back glitch. I myself have used it and I consider myself as a cheat for using it hence why I dont use it now.

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
Let me guess, cobble slabs have the same emc as cobble?

If you did that solo, by yourself, it woudl get.. very boring. A machine to explote that, would require a condencer, an autocrafting table and a redstone engine. With the redstone engine determinining the max speed of the entire system, would it pay off in less then 100 hours?

Just for fun I might include one of those next to my cobble farm, turn every 3 cobblestone into 6 slabs, and include this in the collection of "cute but useless things" on the map.

Though, one last dig at "blaze rod maceration for ee is cheating" ... it's using knowledge of how the mods relate to eachother, isn't that what the beast tests, your mod knowledge?

I still say that the green biomass to yellow buildcraft fuel has an error somewhere. You get 16 times the energy with yellow fuel, then you do with orange biofuel. If the refinery worked at 1 1:4 ratio instead of a 4:1 they'd be equal.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
Let me guess, cobble slabs have the same emc as cobble?

If you did that solo, by yourself, it woudl get.. very boring. A machine to explote that, would require a condencer, an autocrafting table and a redstone engine. With the redstone engine determinining the max speed of the entire system, would it pay off in less then 100 hours?

Just for fun I might include one of those next to my cobble farm, turn every 3 cobblestone into 6 slabs, and include this in the collection of "cute but useless things" on the map.

Though, one last dig at "blaze rod maceration for ee is cheating" ... it's using knowledge of how the mods relate to eachother, isn't that what the beast tests, your mod knowledge?

I still say that the green biomass to yellow buildcraft fuel has an error somewhere. You get 16 times the energy with yellow fuel, then you do with orange biofuel. If the refinery worked at 1 1:4 ratio instead of a 4:1 they'd be equal.
well, it are 2 different mods. so it is harder to get everything proper.