[1.2.5 Insanity] What do you consider cheating?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
you havent seen my reeds farm, it consists of 7-14 reeds an pedestal and an alch chest
but gimme hints :p

Make a Fresh start. Get the redstone from the first trial.

Sit down for a while and think about what you can do now that you couldn't do before.
That should be enough hint imo lol I know redstone is vast. But think so impractical that nobody would do it because "there's no point" But I did it because "I see a point" or at least, saw at the time of my epiphany.
is it something you craft? something which needs an logic gate? something which needs basic wiring?

Hmmm, I have no automation in my setup. and at first I was doing everything "very manually" and it took about 2 minutes for one rinse&repeat. now I still have to do it manually, but I have blocks to help me do the stuff with InvTweak There is still nothing automatic with it.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
DarkJDL said:
Make a Fresh start. Get the redstone from the first trial.

Sit down for a while and think about what you can do now that you couldn't do before.
That should be enough hint imo lol I know redstone is vast. But think so impractical that nobody would do it because "there's no point" But I did it because "I see a point" or at least, saw at the time of my epiphany.
is it something you craft? something which needs an logic gate? something which needs basic wiring?

Hmmm, I have no automation in my setup. and at first I was doing everything "very manually" and it took about 2 minutes for one rinse&repeat. now I still have to do it manually, but I have blocks to help me do the stuff with InvTweak There is still nothing automatic with it.
well you could make obsidian with lava but i supose that isnt it, i literally have no idea.

Reactions: pc_assassin

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
well you could make obsidian with lava but i supose that isnt it, i literally have no idea.

Good, that's how it's supposed to be, now work your brains out of your ears and you might figure it out. I'm not gonna say any more hints I've said too many already. Although I'll be happy to release how-to when fixed with EE3. =)

--edit--
added missing = after quote=

Canotsa

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

Good, that's how it's supposed to be, now work your brains out of your ears and you might figure it out. I'm not gonna say any more hints I've said too many already. Although I'll be happy to release how-to when fixed with EE3. =)

--edit--
added missing = after quote=

Is it the piston thing?

motorhue

Jul 29, 2019
Slowpoke said:
OK so I suppose I should comment on this. (..) Personally I dont like using macerators for EMC, however milking cows endlessly is OK with me. Its a fine line between the 2 I know, but one I do not want to cross personally.

Thanks for comment, I will consider your fine line my law!

adib

Jul 29, 2019
Tjakehaslam said:
Well I consider cheating spawning in items at any time and changing to day time etc
even if you worked hours for it and you accidently dropped it?

Spoo

Jul 29, 2019
I think blaze rod macerating is pretty overpowered when it comes to quick EMC generation, although extreme objectives (gem armor) require extreme EMC. I don't think an ideal FTB should ever require you to just sit there and wait. Manual labor to get started? Yes. Build crazy machines? Yes. Watch a cow be milked for hours? No.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
I think the cows are fine too, because it's not a problem with the gimmicks that makes you get extra EMC, Blaze rod giving 2.5x it's worth because it was macerated, you did not add any content so it's not logic, it's bugged;

But if you milk cows, you make the machines accomplish manual labor, you're not Magically duplicating a bucket, so it's logic (except the part where the cow is never empty, but "meh" )

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
I think the cows are fine too, because it's not a problem with the gimmicks that makes you get extra EMC, Blaze rod giving 2.5x it's worth because it was macerated, you did not add any content so it's not logic, it's bugged;

But if you milk cows, you make the machines accomplish manual labor, you're not Magically duplicating a bucket, so it's logic (except the part where the cow is never empty, but "meh" )
yeah blazerods give way too much if it was less it might've been accepted as non cheating.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:
DarkJDL said:

yeah blazerods give way too much if it was less it might've been accepted as non cheating.

That is not my point.

my point is, if you macerate a blaze rod, volume wise, it should have a blaze rod worth of content. not 2.5 blaze rod worth of content.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:
DarkJDL said:

That is not my point.

my point is, if you macerate a blaze rod, volume wise, it should have a blaze rod worth of content. not 2.5 blaze rod worth of content.
yeah true but it isnt the worst exploit out there, i know worse...

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
DarkJDL said:
That is not my point.

but you have no trouble with getting 2 worth from an iron ore? Or with the dark matter forge ore duplication?

How about getting 1.66 bones worth of bone meal from bone in a macerator?

If you only got 3 back from macerating a blaze rod, making it a 1.5 ratio, would you have a problem?

Do you also have problems with the bone maceration machine?

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
DarkJDL said:
That is not my point.

but you have no trouble with getting 2 worth from an iron ore? Or with the dark matter forge ore duplication?

If you only got 3 back from macerating a blaze rod, making it a 1.5 ratio, would you have a problem?

bone meal from macerator gives me trouble too, 3 powder too, because you can put them back in the transmutation tablet or a condenser and you get back to the initial point, and then can set it up infinitely.

but the iron I don't Because the ore gets duplicated, but not the ingot. so you can't have infinite Iron.
you can't copy/transmute iron ore. only ingots. therefore it's not infinite. get my point now?

--edit-- more over, we can imagine the macerator "refines" the iron better. removing the unwanted scrap around it.
but the whole block, you could have a chunk of iron ore stuck inside rock from all sides. if that rock is tougher to melt than Iron, you're screwed. real life wise I mean.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
DarkJDL said:
That is not my point.

why would you have an problem with something that doesnt duplicate all the time?
you can just keep going with making new blazerods, but not ores...

ICountFrom0

Forum Addict
Aug 21, 2012
Vermont
DarkJDL said:
bone meal from macerator gives me trouble too, 3 powder too, because you can put them back in the transmutation tablet or a condenser and you get back to the initial point, and then can set it up infinitely.

but the iron I don't Because the ore gets duplicated, but not the ingot. so you can't have infinite Iron.
you can't copy/transmute iron ore. only ingots. therefore it's not infinite. get my point now?

--edit-- more over, we can imagine the macerator "refines" the iron better. removing the unwanted scrap around it.
but the whole block, you could have a chunk of iron ore stuck inside rock from all sides. if that rock is tougher to melt than Iron, you're screwed. real life wise I mean.

but you don't see how a machine might be better at getting more bone meal from a bone, then you working with bare hands? Or getting more usable powder from smashing a blaze rod? It's what machines do, they work more efficiently.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
ICountFrom0 said:
DarkJDL said:

but you don't see how a machine might be better at getting more bone meal from a bone, then you working with bare hands? Or getting more usable powder from smashing a blaze rod? It's what machines do, they work more efficiently.
they work efficiently but at an rate, and nothing should be infinitly dupable.

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
it doesn't "make sense" it's like creating matter out of nothing. that's not possible. That's why it's gonna get fixed sooner or later.
I do know that gaming isn't about stuff that makes real life sense. But you know, the thin line Slowpoke was talking about, I'm pretty sure it's that same thing I'm trying to explain;

let's go to a "real life world" here,
take machines, whatever the name they are. one that can grind stuff; Make it grind 2 kilos of wood, in the end you're gonna have 2 kilos of wood pulp not 5.

and take another that milks cows, where you need to place a bucket to fill it (much like a cappucino machine with a cup) your bucket is going to fill. (assuming there's a milkable cow)

the thin line is where you make something out of nothing and where it still makes sense that you make the thing. At least that's how I see it.

ICountFrom0 said:
Yes, the machine can be better than me. But their EMC value should not be more than what the first product is worth.
read the wood pulp thing over and over again until you understand =D

DarkJDL

Jul 29, 2019
adib said:

By the way adib, I know English is not your first language, It is not mine either. But I'll give you a hint here;

If the next word has a consonent. it's "a" if it has a vowel, it's "an"
a Potato, an Apple

adib

Jul 29, 2019
DarkJDL said:
adib said:

By the way adib, I know English is not your first language, It is not mine either. But I'll give you a hint here;

If the next word has a consonent. it's "a" if it has a vowel, it's "an"
a Potato, an Apple
please dont double post, mehh stop correcting me peoplez x.x