Closed 1.2.0: Chunk unload issue in 1.3.0 & 1.3.1

tfox83

Jul 29, 2019
That's actually what I did as well on our pack's server. However, there seems to be a weird thing happening when clients using the latest version run opis while on a server with the previous version. It only affects the client after they run /opis - the get a fatal error and kicked from the server, and can't reconnect until they restart the client.

Not that big of a deal, considering only server admins run opis anyway, but I figured I'd give the heads up. It's better than having no opis at all and running into other lag issues, not being able to find out what they are. (Glares at Draconic chests.)

Anywho, ProfMobius has some quality mods, so I'm sure we will see a fix soon.
Yea if your going to roll back I would recommended doing server and client side at the same time.

Mikerman

Jul 29, 2019
the chunk unloading issue has been fixed in 1.3.2 (with the downgrading of mobiuscore) however a ton of new TPS destroying bugs have surfaced (only fixed by removing and replacing all chunkloading devices and removing and reinserting portal books)

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
the chunk unloading issue has been fixed in 1.3.2 (with the downgrading of mobiuscore) however a ton of new TPS destroying bugs have surfaced (only fixed by removing and replacing all chunkloading devices and removing and reinserting portal books)

You want to use 1.3.4
The MobiusCore tps issue was fixed in 1.3.2 but the Mystcraft tps issue which was caused by a build which should never hit public is fixed in 1.3.4

We are running 1.3.4 on our server since last night and have no issues.

nebularazer

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another Mystcraft (0.11.1.00) TPS issues besides the lag during world gen for the profiling age, which only should happen once a new world (not age) is created?
My server runs fine, after it was done with profiling.

The profiling is badly shown to the user...i only noticed it in fml log due to forestry logging apatite vain creation.
When the profiling is done you have a DIM_MYST-012345 (random number) and a world/data/myst_baseline.dat
The baseline file is the fix for the instability issue as far as i understand. It is checking what is "normal" oregen for the overworld.

MrDlor

Jul 29, 2019
Is there another Mystcraft (0.11.1.00) TPS issues besides the lag during world gen for the profiling age, which only should happen once a new world (not age) is created?
My server runs fine, after it was done with profiling.

The profiling is badly shown to the user...i only noticed it in fml log due to forestry logging apatite vain creation.
When the profiling is done you have a DIM_MYST-012345 (random number) and a world/data/myst_baseline.dat
The baseline file is the fix for the instability issue as far as i understand. It is checking what is "normal" oregen for the overworld.

Mystcraft was rolled back in 1.3.4 due to the reason the build wasn't meant for public packs yet and clearly people weren't ready for it and assumed the TPS drop on the beginning is a bug.
Other then that i see no issue with the new build just that it doesn't warn the casual player and gives them a feeling something is going wrong really bad.