1.12.2 Power Generation

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I think so, but I may be wrong, and it's something that might have changed between versions.

This doesn't even seem to help. I'm almost feeling like they want us to do 1 reactor = 1 turbine .... because I have plenty of throughput to do 1 easily ... and the surprise of steam/water would indicate I can do 5 or 6 ... But it doesn't appear that way when put into practice.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I got a big reactor setup to supply 2 turbines. It can supply one just fine, however when I turn the 2nd turbine on, I can't seem to pump water into the reactor fast enough.

I got 16 magical speed upgrades in each of 3 transfer nodes that are connected to infinite water sources. A bit lost as to why it won't go in fast enough, when back in 1.10 and 1.7 it was always fast enough will a lot less.

Once you have your water in the system, you should be able to close the loop and never worry about it again. Each Turbine can use a max of 2000mb/t of steam, which gets turned into water to be shipped back to the Reactor.

I haven't played with it since it was Big Reactors, so it may have changed in updates, but a single Fluid Port was able to move all required fluid at that time. The problem was typically that fluid transport was gated per connection, resulting in the need for multiple ports. This can be avoided by either setting the Turbine and Reactor directly touching, with ports configured and aligned, or using something like Thermal Dynamics Super Laminar Fluiducts, which have no throughput limits.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I'm using a Big/Extreme Reactor at the moment. Not gone overboard with it, just churns out about 9k RF/t.

I might give nuclearcraft a look when I come to set my endgame power supply though. Hopefully it has some powerful but tricky and involved toys to play with

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Once you have your water in the system, you should be able to close the loop and never worry about it again. Each Turbine can use a max of 2000mb/t of steam, which gets turned into water to be shipped back to the Reactor.

I haven't played with it since it was Big Reactors, so it may have changed in updates, but a single Fluid Port was able to move all required fluid at that time. The problem was typically that fluid transport was gated per connection, resulting in the need for multiple ports. This can be avoided by either setting the Turbine and Reactor directly touching, with ports configured and aligned, or using something like Thermal Dynamics Super Laminar Fluiducts, which have no throughput limits.

I hate using the word nerf, but it would appear almost as if steam generation was nerfed a bit ... at least in the smaller reactors. Same design I've been using for eons was always enough for 3-4 turbines, now it can only do one. Which is fine because I do got 2 T3, and 1 T4 ET solars up, and knocking on the door of a T5.