[1.12.2]Danny's Sirenuse Modpack for 1.12.2

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Ah thats why my world went funny after the update, I had desert replaced with iron ladders and the world was regenerating when I flew over, lost my nice lavender biome, didnt have any problems loading it.
I'll try it again when the new fix goes through, thank goodness I'd saved it!

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Ah thats why my world went funny after the update, I had desert replaced with iron ladders and the world was regenerating when I flew over, lost my nice lavender biome, didnt have any problems loading it.
I'll try it again when the new fix goes through, thank goodness I'd saved it!
That's really strange. Is this a world that was created in an earlier version of this pack? Did you re-enable Biomes O' Plenty after the update? It's disabled by default. The only thing I can think of that would cause that kind of weirdness is if the world were created with BOP, then loaded later without it.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
That's really strange. Is this a world that was created in an earlier version of this pack? Did you re-enable Biomes O' Plenty after the update? It's disabled by default. The only thing I can think of that would cause that kind of weirdness is if the world were created
hmm the ftb launcher says its enabled - I enabled it when I made the world in the last version, I havent enabled it after the update, I presumed ftb launcher would do that.
I'm gonna reload the pack, I'd restart but I had such a nice spot!

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
hmm the ftb launcher says its enabled - I enabled it when I made the world in the last version, I havent enabled it after the update, I presumed ftb launcher would do that.
I'm gonna reload the pack, I'd restart but I had such a nice spot!
Unfortunately, the launcher will disable it at every upgrade, so you'll have to re-enable it every time. I know it's kind of a pain. I kept running into that problem with Chicken Chunks on the FTB Infinity modpack, and I forgot every single time. lol. Fortunately, it does automatically backup the world to a zip in your saves folder whenever blocks exist for a missing mod.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
If only ftb showed that it was disabled after an update!

I wiped the folder and reinstalled the pack, enabled bop and all is fine, I'm back in my sweet spot, I'll have to take a picture so you can appreciate the world gen :)
Now I can get back to Blood magic!

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Heres a pic of my sweet spot, it might not be your idea of a great location but I really liked the variety, the purple slime trees really add something :)
I have a starter cave under the clay, but have put some main items outside, the blood altar needs lots of space as I'm using self sacrifice and the incense burner to get a large boost, when its levelled up it will need as much space as a full blood altar
cPKSDwUs.png

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Hopperducts dont seem to be working as intended for me. The grated hopper (Which is supposed to prevent anything in its filter from being sucked into a hopper below) Does not have this feature like it is supposed to. The hopper below the grated hopper in my save pulls items from the grated hopper even when they are supposed to be filtered out properly. This is making my inventory management very sad.

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Hopperducts dont seem to be working as intended for me. The grated hopper (Which is supposed to prevent anything in its filter from being sucked into a hopper below) Does not have this feature like it is supposed to. The hopper below the grated hopper in my save pulls items from the grated hopper even when they are supposed to be filtered out properly. This is making my inventory management very sad.
The grated hopper should not let anything through unless it's in the filter. It sounds like that's the opposite of what you're trying to do. If you want to black list items, you could try NeoTech pipes.

shirilak

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that seemed to work better. Now I am running into the issue of refined storage not being able to communicate with the drawer controller from storage drawers. Was hoping to make cheap on my storage like this lol.

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Tried that seemed to work better. Now I am running into the issue of refined storage not being able to communicate with the drawer controller from storage drawers. Was hoping to make cheap on my storage like this lol.
Glad that's working better. Storage drawers are definitely cheaper than storage disks. ;) I'll have to try that. I thought that issue was fixed, but maybe the fix is not in the version we have yet.

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Heres a pic of my sweet spot, it might not be your idea of a great location but I really liked the variety, the purple slime trees really add something :)
I have a starter cave under the clay, but have put some main items outside, the blood altar needs lots of space as I'm using self sacrifice and the incense burner to get a large boost, when its levelled up it will need as much space as a full blood altar
cPKSDwUs.png
That is pretty sweet. It's hard to see the details in the tiny screenshot, but the color contrasts are great.

I

IIshadowflame

Sorry im kinda a noob, how do i download it xDDD

:( newbie here

Rishenda

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry im kinda a noob, how do i download it xDDD

:( newbie here

Open your FTB Launcher, go to the Third Party Pack tab, click on the pack code and insert code "danny" without the inverted comma's. The pack should now be listed in your Third Party Packs.

Furkan_Mavi

Jul 29, 2019
I think Neotech's chunkloader has a bug whenever I placed it down, game crashes. I used mcedit to recover my world. Then tried again same result game crashed again. But up to now I have already used 2 chunkloaders in my world. What kind of blocks or mods cause this? Any idea? :confused:

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
Someone did report this (https://github.com/TeamBR-Modding/NeoTech/issues/319), but the mod team hasn't responded yet. I plan to add Chicken Chunks soon when I move the pack to 1.9.4. The bad news is that we'll have to drop NeoTech, at least temporarily, as it is not there yet. The good news is that we'll have Ender IO and Extra Utilities! Those mods, along with a few we already had, like Progressive Automation, should be able to fill in the major gaps left when NeoTech disappears. That's basically what I'll be doing in my next episode.

danny_djdk

Jan 31, 2016
Wisconsin, US
www.youtube.com
We will soon have an upgraded version of this pack for 1.9.4!! We'll have several new mods including Ender IO, Extra Utilities, Forestry, Reliquery and a few more (see the changelog in the description).
The bad news is that we will be losing NeoTech, Modular Systems, EZ Storage and a few others. If you plan to move existing worlds to the new version of the pack, be sure to prepare to lose these mods, especially if you have items stored in them as all your items will be lost. Also Realistic Terrain Gen will be disabled by default. It is in alpha and may cause performance problems or other problems. The world gen engine has been rebuild and will cause chunk walls in existing worlds.
All the existing mods should upgrade without any problems. I did have some trouble with some previously placed building bricks blocks missing textures after the upgrade and causing WAILA to crash the game. If you run into this, disable WAILA, then go into your world and destroy the offending blocks. Then you can re-enable WAILA and everything should be fine.
Let me know if you run into any problems with the transition. Of course, I'm going through the process with my world in my Let's Play series. It's been a challenging transition, but lots of fun! The new version should be up within the next few days.
Enjoy!

McJty

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
May 13, 2014
twitter.com
We will soon have an upgraded version of this pack for 1.9.4!! We'll have several new mods including Ender IO, Extra Utilities, Forestry, Reliquery and a few more (see the changelog in the description).
The bad news is that we will be losing NeoTech, Modular Systems, EZ Storage and a few others. If you plan to move existing worlds to the new version of the pack, be sure to prepare to lose these mods, especially if you have items stored in them as all your items will be lost. Also Realistic Terrain Gen will be disabled by default. It is in alpha and may cause performance problems or other problems. The world gen engine has been rebuild and will cause chunk walls in existing worlds.
All the existing mods should upgrade without any problems. I did have some trouble with some previously placed building bricks blocks missing textures after the upgrade and causing WAILA to crash the game. If you run into this, disable WAILA, then go into your world and destroy the offending blocks. Then you can re-enable WAILA and everything should be fine.
Let me know if you run into any problems with the transition. Of course, I'm going through the process with my world in my Let's Play series. It's been a challenging transition, but lots of fun! The new version should be up within the next few days.
Enjoy!

The bug with building bricks missing textures should be fixed in the latest version. I helped the author fix this issue

Reactions: Furkan_Mavi