Mod Feedback [1.12][1.11.2][1.10.2][1.8.9][1.7.10] Dynamic Surroundings Info/Support

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
It's the latest RELEASE version. There are "newer" versions but they are BETA. The entries in the config you would be interested in are "Culled Sounds" (if the sound is being culled) or "Blocked Sounds" (if DS is to prevent playing the sound). Both these options are in the "sound" configuration section.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
It's the latest RELEASE version. There are "newer" versions but they are BETA. The entries in the config you would be interested in are "Culled Sounds" (if the sound is being culled) or "Blocked Sounds" (if DS is to prevent playing the sound). Both these options are in the "sound" configuration section.

Ah, I see

Weird, I dunno, it doesnt seem to be there, I have no clue why its like that, I will try to disable DS to see if that is the core cause

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I have tried to disable the retarded bison sound 5 times now it does not seem to save it whatsoever

Kind of tired at many sounds in the game from this mod, they play over and over very often

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Trying it out now

However, I still got the issue with no "blop" sound when disabled DS, so its not your mods fault :D

But still confused what the heck the mod is that does it then...

ADD:

Sadly I cannot try your BETA, since I dont have Orelib, and installed it, then it needed newer version of Forge, which Revelations has some weird Forge multipart only, which isnt even updated to that required version, so im at a loss here :p

Last edited:

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
I pushed updates this AM so that OreLib and the BETA Dynamic Surroundings is compatible with Forge 2768+. Not sure if this fits what you need.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
I pushed updates this AM so that OreLib and the BETA Dynamic Surroundings is compatible with Forge 2768+. Not sure if this fits what you need.

Weird, after adding it to mods folder and starting up game, I get a crash but without a log
It tells me it failed to create a core log :S

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
To be clear you are using the Revelations modpack with no additional mods beyond DS?

EDIT: And which version of revelations?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
LOL. In the past OptiFine been a bit difficult where rendering is concerned. Which version of OptiFine? Also which version of the Revelations pack?

OreCruncher

Mod Developer
May 22, 2013
My Chair
OK. I was able to run Revelations 2.6 successfully with all the mod updates you made. Not entirely sure what could be happening in your case. Here are some things to check that have caused issues with the BETAs especially when moving from the regular 3.4.10.x versions:
  1. Check your mods/1.12.2 folder. If there are any Dynamic Surroundings JARs delete them.
  2. Check your mods/mem_repo/org folder. Delete the Dyamic Surroundings folder and let Forge reinitialize.
  3. Delete your config/dsurround/dsurround.cfg file. The file format changed from 3.4.10.x and is not entirely compatible.

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
OK. I was able to run Revelations 2.6 successfully with all the mod updates you made. Not entirely sure what could be happening in your case. Here are some things to check that have caused issues with the BETAs especially when moving from the regular 3.4.10.x versions:
  1. Check your mods/1.12.2 folder. If there are any Dynamic Surroundings JARs delete them.
  2. Check your mods/mem_repo/org folder. Delete the Dyamic Surroundings folder and let Forge reinitialize.
  3. Delete your config/dsurround/dsurround.cfg file. The file format changed from 3.4.10.x and is not entirely compatible.

It was probably the config, seems to work now

However, my original issue still stands

I went into Mod options for DS, disabled quite alot of stuff I dont like, armor sounds, footsteps and alot of individual sounds...

I clicked on "Done" and back into game, the sounds were still there, went into mod options again and all the settings was reset to default somehow, what causes this?

totte1015

Jul 29, 2019
Can you post a link to your client log? I may offer some clues.

It was me being stupid!

I pressed the "apply globally" button before pressing done which made all settings go back to default apparently

However, Embers rekindled very annoying sounds doesnt seem to be within the individual sound list of DS, so I guess last restort now is to edit the .jar file of the mod and delete the sounds I dont want