[1.10.2]New Beginnings - Magic - Light - Skyblock

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
splash.png

New Beginnings is a 1.9 skyblock built around Garden of Glass and Terrain Crystals. Gone are the days of cobble stone skyblock islands, and here are the days to a sense of progression and rebuilding - rebuild the world how you want it with the biomes you want in the pattern that you like!

This mod pack is very heavily centered on magic and clever automations. A guide book is provided that will be updated each patch that provides an overview and starting point into each new 1.9 mod.

Some technological mods are provided, but you will quickly find that powering them is trickier than in previous modded version. Your ability to create mana and obscure resources is the only notable way. Good luck!

Key Points:
  • Easycore skyblock
  • Built around Garden of Glass and Terrain Crystals
  • Magic is the best form of progression!
  • A guide book is provided

2016-05-20_21.26.38.png 2016-05-20_21.25.42.png 2016-05-20_21.27.09.png

Mod list

Lets play's!

Changelog
  • Documentation on SoulShards
  • Began documentation on Psi and Evilcraft
  • Added Torcherino, MouseTweaks, Enderbags, Warp Scrolls
  • Added Light level overlay
  • Finished out the blood magic guide line

Current development status:
This pack is currently being updated daily. The mod list is unlikely to change. Currently focusing on the guide book and content.

Curse link: http://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/new-beginning
Github link: https://github.com/DrasticDemise/New-Beginnings

Please report any issues or suggestions to the pack in the github link provided. Additionally, you may contribute to the pack development via the git link.

Pack code: NewBeginning

This pack is powered by Resonant Host! Get 15% off for life!

Last edited:

SilverDk

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having very bad lag spike whenever looking at my grave after dead, not sure if anyone else having the same issue. Removing the grave solve it.

Tylor

Nov 24, 2012
I get this

Code:
Loading jars...
Added URL to classpath: file:/C:/Games/FTB/NewBeginning/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
Added URL to classpath: file:/C:/Games/FTB/NewBeginning/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Loading natives...
Natives loaded...
Loading minecraft class
May 22, 2016 8:50:38 AM net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch main
SEVERE: Unhandled error launching minecraft
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch.main(Launch.java:85)

I also get same when I try to launch Danny's 1.9 pack. Should I update FTB launcher or something to run 1.9 packs?

lok0143

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get mushrooms before going to the nether? I would like to make the Rod of the Lands and it needs a mushroom for the rune of earth.

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to get mushrooms before going to the nether? I would like to make the Rod of the Lands and it needs a mushroom for the rune of earth.

I havent tried this pack yet but in garden of glass you have to goto the nether for the rod of the land

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
If you are looking for additional land mass try out a Terrain Crystal

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
I get this

Code:
Loading jars...
Added URL to classpath: file:/C:/Games/FTB/NewBeginning/instMods/MinecraftForge.zip
Added URL to classpath: file:/C:/Games/FTB/NewBeginning/minecraft/bin/minecraft.jar
Loading natives...
Natives loaded...
Loading minecraft class
May 22, 2016 8:50:38 AM net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch main
SEVERE: Unhandled error launching minecraft
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
   at net.ftb.legacylaunch.Launch.main(Launch.java:85)

I also get same when I try to launch Danny's 1.9 pack. Should I update FTB launcher or something to run 1.9 packs?

Uhh, try changing the download location from the launcher, otherwise report it to the support forums.

BaileyH

Jul 29, 2019
Version 1.0.2 has been released!
  • Documentation on SoulShards
  • Began documentation on Psi and Evilcraft
  • Added Torcherino, MouseTweaks, Enderbags, Warp Scrolls

M4thG33k

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having very bad lag spike whenever looking at my grave after dead, not sure if anyone else having the same issue. Removing the grave solve it.

I have just released a new version (1.0.3) of Tomb Many Graves which (should) help with the visual lag. (I didn't get any on my machine at all, but that doesn't mean other people won't.) If the lag still exists, please open an issue on the mod's github page: https://github.com/M4thG33k/TombManyGraves/issues Thanks!

Reactions: BaileyH
G

Genobee

early game dude as in just started i just got an endoflame and a small mod trap