[1.10.2] Age of Engineering Beta

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
Hi all, since the last 2 months I'm working on a modpack called "Age of Engineering" for 1.10.2. It's a tech-only modpack with focus on progression and mod interaction. You progress through a kind of technology tree from one period, called "Age", to the next. There are 14 ages implemented and I use the FTB Utils guide to guide you through them if you want the help. I'm also programming a mod for it that adds customizable achievements and trophies. I have made hundreds of custom recipes and tweaked a lot of configs with the main focus of forcing the player to automate ALL the things and also learn a lot of lesser known mechanics from mods. Also I tried to make sure that I don't make recipes different just to make them harder, but instead making sure that different options for the same goal from different mods are kind of balanced, also I tried to make them in a way so they make at least a bit sense and aren't random. This modpack is aimed for experienced players, but can also work for semi-experienced players who like a challenge or like to learn more about tech mods.

cxqDCHl.png

As I was developing this modpack alone and I don't have a lot of friends that play Minecraft, I'm in need for beta testers. Your goal should be to find bugs, exploits in the mods or modpack progression, unbalanced recipes (too hard or too easy) and mainly if the modpack is fun at all. I'm still working on adding pictures/art and especially the end game is untested. I'm developing the modpack in Curse and added a Curse group for all accepted beta testers. I really don't want to give the modpack I put a lot of work in to everybody, so please only apply for being a beta tester if you're willing to submit bugs and issues through the in-game bug submission form. Please send me a personal message if you want to playtest it with the following info: 1.) Curse name, 2.) Age, 3.) Time zone for correspondence, 4.) your Minecraft experience, so for example some modpacks you've completed, 5.) if you're planning to stream or record your playthrough I would certainly watch it, so a link to your stream/youtube account would be nice. But that's of course optional.

And of course if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here.

Reaccon

Jul 29, 2019
Curse: Raccoonx3
Timezone: CET / UTC +1
Modpacks: Infinity Evolved, TFC, Regrowth, Infinity Expert Mode, GT Horizon (Not finished but 4/8)
No Stream / Video's

Can you share your ModList?

ErnstLustig

Jul 29, 2019
I will release the pack now. I linked the "Report a bug" link to this thread, but will later change it to a new thread when it's released. You can also join the Discord here: https://discord.gg/QkvUrxM

Before you report a bug, please be sure to be on the latest version of the pack,
also I want to be clear that Optifine is not supported, so please remove it and report the bug only if the problem still exists.

Also be sure when you report the bug - if it's a crash - to provide a gist or pastebin link to the crash log.

Known bugs that you don't need to report:

- JEI shows removed recipes from Calculator and Forestry and doesn't show added Metal Former and Macerator recipes from IC2
- TechReborn bugs #954, #955, #962 (see https://github.com/TechReborn/TechReborn/issues)

H

HilarionID

Hello, is there any way I can get this modpack on FTB Launcher?

H

HilarionID

It is kind of a problem, since I am on linux and as far as I know Curse/Twitch client does not support it.