[1.1.0][JamPacked (the first one and the best one)] Hardcore Testing Mode: Golem Factory

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Hey sorry forgot but if i want to restart the map for some reason is their a way to get a new copy on the map or is it in the game like CL where i just start a new world?

Currently, no, however next version I will be adding lockdown so people can do that. I am also planning on adding some books that contain dev commentaries or hints. You will have to buy them, of course.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
what if i deleted my save and then reinstalled that would give me a fresh map? I was planning a LP for this pack if i can get a fresh map.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
what if i deleted my save and then reinstalled that would give me a fresh map? I was planning a LP for this pack if i can get a fresh map.
I believe if you use the 'force update' option in the launcher options, then it'd redownload the map as well as the pack. you may want to backup your current world if in case it gets overwritten or if it doesn't and you need to move it elsewhere.

Tim Sheehan

Jul 29, 2019
The altar was what I needed for crafting a certain item that you get as a reward for a quest. Hint: It's a golem.

The rest you should figure out by yourself.
the way you get obsidian is really tedious i think you should add igneous extruders

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i'll try after i get my videos rendered and uploaded. I can just move it to my download folder and then rename it and put it back in after the reset. should work for those that want a fresh map. Also quick question could you put in like a regenerating mine and have it set in the book to up grade with money so it spawns different ore. This would give players something to do when your are waiting on ore to be precessed? just an idea. you could even set it to regen with money like so much per respawn. Don't know if that is possible or not?[DOUBLEPOST=1408894833][/DOUBLEPOST]
the way you get obsidian is really tedious i think you should add igneous extruders
he could add ex Nilio and then you could use the stone barrel for the obsidian. will golems fill stone barrel or take out of them?

Tim Sheehan

Jul 29, 2019
i'll try after i get my videos rendered and uploaded. I can just move it to my download folder and then rename it and put it back in after the reset. should work for those that want a fresh map. Also quick question could you put in like a regenerating mine and have it set in the book to up grade with money so it spawns different ore. This would give players something to do when your are waiting on ore to be precessed? just an idea. you could even set it to regen with money like so much per respawn. Don't know if that is possible or not?[DOUBLEPOST=1408894833][/DOUBLEPOST]
he could add ex Nilio and then you could use the stone barrel for the obsidian. will golems fill stone barrel or take out of them?
thats not a bad idea and i got so tired of making obsidian i cheated in about 50 to complete the quest

EDIT: also i think the starter kit should be removed from reward bags because i have gotten it 3 times and i will never have to buy food again

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
i'll try after i get my videos rendered and uploaded. I can just move it to my download folder and then rename it and put it back in after the reset. should work for those that want a fresh map. Also quick question could you put in like a regenerating mine and have it set in the book to up grade with money so it spawns different ore. This would give players something to do when your are waiting on ore to be precessed? just an idea. you could even set it to regen with money like so much per respawn. Don't know if that is possible or not?

I dunno if it's possible in 1.6, not with my current knowledge. Also, it's not really fitting for the map.

thats not a bad idea and i got so tired of making obsidian i cheated in about 50 to complete the quest

EDIT: also i think the starter kit should be removed from reward bags because i have gotten it 3 times and i will never have to buy food again

ಠ_ಠ

I think the starter kit is a pretty good reward, considering it gives you 2 golems. I may just bump up its rarity. I'll look into it a bit more.

Tim Sheehan

Jul 29, 2019
I dunno if it's possible in 1.6, not with my current knowledge. Also, it's not really fitting for the map.

ಠ_ಠ

I think the starter kit is a pretty good reward, considering it gives you 2 golems. I may just bump up its rarity. I'll look into it a bit more.
is there an easier way you make it to get obsidian

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I didn't intend obsidian to be easy, but I gave you a fairly straightforward way to get it. You could let the golems move the lava into the cyclic assembler directly, get some water buckets, and get a diamond pick. It's not complicated. Hell, it's actually rather simple.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
i must have played like 8 hours straight the other day. just unlock the recharging station for i know not why and i got the indu smelter so the special quest blocks would be easier. i do have a build up on fer dust though and i don't really need it yet?

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
The market does not care for individual concerns, the market only cares about what it wants and how soon it gets it.

Welcome to Capitalism!

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
I dunno, I could, but I like the idea of putting pressure on the players, forcing them to make decisions on whether to use the land on one job or another.

Maybe I like Decision mathematics. Maybe I'm just a dick. Choose the option that suits your preferences more.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
why would you need to choose you can plants 4 trees and the rest crops. just plant the sapling in 2 blocks from each corner and you should be good. also that did work. I'll start the let's play Mon do you want the link when i have it posted? I don't like a map show case and quick start guide and then i'll start the LP on the same map after that.

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
Feel free to post it on the thread, I'll pick it up and put it in the first post. I won't put an entire series on the first post, but you'll get the first vid at least.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
that is cool it will be the Map showcase so that would be better for the pack anyway.

Tim Sheehan

Jul 29, 2019
my trees won't grow i even bought a lamp of growth and a jar of herba and the whole jar was used and not one tree grew and am i supposed to make water with a magma crucible?

Last edited:

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
the lamp doesn't seem to work on anything except the pumpkins inside the farm area I think it is the warded blocks?

Also bonemeal has no effect to anything close the the edge ether so be carefull in use.