1.0.2: Direwolf20 1.7.10 and Optifine

dinnymate

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
I'm playing Direwolf20 1.7.10 with Optifine and about every 10 seconds needs to restart the game because ther are many-many unloaded chun everywhere

Mod & Version:
Thinkers Construct (I think)

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:
Just install optifine and Sprint.

Known Fix:

progwml6

Launcher Dev
Launcher Developer
Mod Developer
Nov 15, 2013
optifine is NOT supported by the FTB team in any pack

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Remove Optifine or try other versions of it or try fastcraft....

or ....

remove it... because...

optifine is NOT supported by the FTB team in any pack

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Try F3+A (I think thats the one that reloads chunks- if not cycle through your render distance)
Which version of Optifine do you have [theres 3 versions for 1.7.10]

If you're using Ultra;
Optifine thread said:
"Chunk Loading: Multi-Core" make sure to Disable "Threaded Optimization" / "OpenGL Threading" in the graphics card control panel (example). For best results disable it globally, not only for java.exe or minecraft.exe

It also might be worth giving it a run without Optifine; see if you get the same problem.
[That way you'll know if its optifine]

People said:
Optifine not supported
If you not going to help then shut up and get out.

dinnymate

Jul 29, 2019
f3
Try F3+A (I think thats the one that reloads chunks- if not cycle through your render distance)
Which version of Optifine do you have [theres 3 versions for 1.7.10]

If you're using Ultra;

It also might be worth giving it a run without Optifine; see if you get the same problem.
[That way you'll know if its optifine]

Thanks for the help. f3+A reloads he chunks but the buggy chunks. 1'm using U A4 but i can't test without Optifine beacuse i can't move :(

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have installed the correct Optifine for your PC ?

Uncharged chunks can also come from somewhere else ... for instance. Fron a corrupted world.

Are the uninvited chunks away if you remove Optifine?

and...

again... optifine is NOT supported by the FTB team in any pack... don´t use it and everything works fine, when not your system is to cheap...

---

Please excuse my bad english. I can not absolutely and use the Google translator. Please respond in light english without foreign words or abbreviations.

Last edited:

UniZero

Popular Member
Oct 3, 2012
Scotland, UK
f3

Thanks for the help. f3+A reloads he chunks but the buggy chunks. 1'm using U A4 but i can't test without Optifine beacuse i can't move :(

Are you using fastcraft? If not then install that and remove optifine as it is not supported as reported by other users.

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Are you using fastcraft? If not then install that and remove optifine as it is not supported as reported by other users.
Fastcraft versions higher than 1.6 can cause ridiculous lag for some people. I went from 100 to 4 fps using Fastcraft.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Something else that kinda worked for me.

If you have a spare flash drive [USB memory stick] then plug it in, go to 'my computer', right click ->properties -> readyboost tab. Then dedicate the device to readyboost.
It basically uses the USB drive as additional RAM- its limited to about 4GB per USB slot. [due to bandwidth of a USB slot]
[I use 2x 16gig drives, each set to 4gig of ram- It means fancy graphics and max render distance].​

CoolSquid

Jul 29, 2019
Something else that kinda worked for me.

If you have a spare flash drive [USB memory stick] then plug it in, go to 'my computer', right click ->properties -> readyboost tab. Then dedicate the device to readyboost.
It basically uses the USB drive as additional RAM- its limited to about 4GB per USB slot. [due to bandwidth of a USB slot]
[I use 2x 16gig drives, each set to 4gig of ram- It means fancy graphics and max render distance].​
That's only for Windows, isn't it?